Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > United States Geographical Locations > Southern Atlantic Seaboard

Southern Atlantic Seaboard Here's the place for shooters from Georgia up to Maryland, including the Carolinas and Virginia.

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 10-24-2011, 04:11 PM   #1
waterpirate

fish id??

Well there was a real bad rumor going around that there was a goliath grouper on A.Q. You know how rumors go...... A freind of mine took his son on his second ocean dive ever yesterday in ripping current and bad vis, and the kid whacked a sweet black drum! Beginners luck is so sweeet.

The rumor is dead and so is that black drum
Eric
waterpirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 07:48 AM   #2
towedjumper

Re: fish id??

Beware the rumors of the Goliath... They might be true. A friend of mine shot a 90lbs one by mistake in NC. Cost him 750$. I didn't think they came up that far north but this one was in shore and had no business being where it was...

I wouldn't put it past the Goliath to still be there and if he is you'll hear him if he gets spooked even if you don't see him. Its a big thumping sound.
towedjumper is offline   Reply With Quote