Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > United States Geographical Locations > Florida East Coast Spearfishing

Florida East Coast Spearfishing Let's talk here about spearing on Florida's Atlantic coast. Reports and other issues about this region belong here.

Old 10-23-2017, 07:03 AM   #16
100days-a-year
Seafood Sifu

Re: new shop built from ground up to make spear guns and more (pics intense)

Awesome,great to see everything from the beginning.
100days-a-year is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2017, 08:56 AM   #17
mannydvk
Aquamanny

Quote:
Originally Posted by 100days-a-year View Post
Awesome,great to see everything from the beginning.
Thanks for the comment yes am trying my best to document the process specialy the making of the spearguns I hope to come up with some good stuff I am sure we all love spearing and enjoy a nice looking gun
mannydvk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2017, 10:58 AM   #18
Gary H
gangsta' speargun pioneer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mannydvk View Post
Any one happens where I can find good jig, I will like to shape up the side of the gun
This might not be exactly what you are looking for, but I always found Gil's videos very helpful: https://www.youtube.com/user/SpeargunsByGil/videos

I recently built an addition onto my house 1 block from the ocean and my inspectors would not have passed your shop, but so what? .. it obviously passed the Hurricane Irma test and you closed your permit, so hurry up and show us some spearguns!

BTW, congrats on the new addition to your family

Fishing is like sex, you don't have to be good at it to enjoy it.
Gary H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2017, 11:18 AM   #19
mannydvk
Aquamanny

Here are some videos https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCND...kDHjw/featured

https://youtu.be/HVyDH5p48Yg

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCND...kDHjw/featured
Old 10-23-2017, 11:25 AM   #20
mannydvk
Aquamanny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary H View Post
This might not be exactly what you are looking for, but I always found Gil's videos very helpful: https://www.youtube.com/user/SpeargunsByGil/videos

I recently built an addition onto my house 1 block from the ocean and my inspectors would not have passed your shop, but so what? .. it obviously passed the Hurricane Irma test and you closed your permit, so hurry up and show us some spearguns!

Thanks for the link I really like Gil’s videos he was a grate speargun builder I when to Hawaii some time ago and try to see if I found some of the shop who had his spearguns I really wanted to see one

And yes Irma came by and did nothing to the shop in the picture don’t show much but I did everything to spects from the floor to the walls and the roof
Old 10-23-2017, 11:28 AM   #21
SEATUX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary H View Post

I'd bet he never had a permit, nor any inspections..
Allot of City's use areal photography and a computer program that scans every sq ft looking for illegal additions, code violations, things done without permitting...they can spot an added plumbing vent on a roof, which tips them off to an added bathroom... it is a matter of time.
SEATUX is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2017, 11:47 AM   #22
mannydvk
Aquamanny

Quote:
Originally Posted by SEATUX View Post
I'd bet he never had a permit, nor any inspections..
Allot of City's use areal photography and a computer program that scans every sq ft looking for illegal additions, code violations, things done without permitting...they can spot an added plumbing vent on a roof, which tips them off to an added bathroom... it is a matter of time.
I guess I’ll get to see them soon is almost a year after I made it when they come by I’ll see don’t get me wrong but some of you guys are focusing the energy on something that I think is done Rigth I did my research I did my paper work why focus on that every city or town is diferent just because I don’t show you plan o prints don’t mean I am doing something wrong if the shop was build wron in the are I am in Irma would’ve destroyed it in my shop is still standing as of right now with no problems no loose boards nothing wrong with it so I mean iit’s been billed right I really don’t know how can you guys tell if something is not up to code just because you see a picture that I’m showing you without a measurement without a video me showing you that I’m doing something wrong or anything just by looking at a picture you can tell it’s not up to code I am posting this here because just like everyone else I like spearfishing and I would like to make some spearguns on my own time as my own hobbie just because I want to make something I guess I am one of the few brave ones enough Make it my self sometimes you buy something they come they make it they build it custom-made for you and at the end you find out is not made well I was not made the way you want it and then you have to go redo it again that’s why I decided to make it on my own

No offense but if anyone has the Coco’s to do what I’m doing just because I like this Hobbie , I like what I’m doing I would like to build my own spearguns and for my friends and family you should not be so negative and look at the negative side , thumbs up to whoever is doing something for themselves The satisfaction of making your own Speargun is not just killing the fish you made it you made it possible to get that fish to make that speargun satisfaction of eating that fish is priceless

Last edited by mannydvk; 10-23-2017 at 12:08 PM.
Old 10-23-2017, 01:29 PM   #23
SEATUX

mannydvk..
I applaud your effort to make ANYTHING yourself, with your own two hands...and that especially goes for spearguns. But some things are regulated by laws/codes/etc.
I believe you should be allowed to do your own electrical, plumbing, carpentry work, so long as it meets local code and is inspected. I wont list the infractions that I can see from just the pictures, I very much doubt this bldg was ever permitted or inspected..and you seem to confirm that with your statement;

"I guess I’ll get to see them soon is almost a year after I made it when they come by I’ll see"

You may Never get that visit...lots of stuff goes under the radar, you might get lucky.

I wish you no harm, in fact, I wish you good luck on your building of guns.
SEATUX is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2017, 03:57 PM   #24
riplipper
Relax, a beer will help

looks awesome, good luck in many ways.....cheers and congrats to both of the new additions
Old 10-23-2017, 06:45 PM   #25
Gary H
gangsta' speargun pioneer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mannydvk View Post
Thanks for the link I really like Gil’s videos he was a grate speargun builder I when to Hawaii some time ago and try to see if I found some of the shop who had his spearguns I really wanted to see one
I too would have loved to have met Gil in person. I was fortunate to see Daryl Wong's workshop and go diving with him in Hawaii a few years ago. I was recovering from shoulder surgery and really struggled to load the gun he loaned me for the day, but you have to go for experiences when they present themselves.

Fishing is like sex, you don't have to be good at it to enjoy it.
Gary H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2017, 09:59 PM   #26
mannydvk
Aquamanny

He was a good inspiration for me I have watch all his videos from the beginning he didn’t do this videos to make money he did his video because he love what he did and he love making spearguns and diving as much as we do
Old 10-24-2017, 06:09 AM   #27
sealark

People like this guy are what make up this world. Why don't some of you jealous people go over and make it code correct for him instead of complaining and publicizing it. I know it's the law.
sealark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2017, 07:36 AM   #28
riplipper
Relax, a beer will help

Quote:
Originally Posted by sealark View Post
People like this guy are what make up this world. Why don't some of you jealous people go over and make it code correct for him instead of complaining and publicizing it. I know it's the law.
You just have to realize that some always seek the negative in anything they find. It makes them feel just so smart...and some just stop posting because of it....
Old 10-24-2017, 08:15 AM   #29
mannydvk
Aquamanny

Quote:
Originally Posted by riplipper View Post
You just have to realize that some always seek the negative in anything they find. It makes them feel just so smart...and some just stop posting because of it....
Thank you guys for the support and yes instead of talking and being negative why not focus the time and energy on the real post and is making the spearguns and focusing on the hobbie is Lille the saing we have where I come from

The envy won’t kill you but sure bathers lol I think it translates to that

Thanks to this who support and fallow this post from now on and trust me guys I will keep posting I have lots of stuff coming this way and if you guys like fallow my YouTube I will be adding lots of video

Here is the link
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCND...ZapWawvLGkDHjw
Old 10-24-2017, 03:36 PM   #30
North Star
Max

Mannydvk - Carry on, you are doing great. Glad to see you forging ahead with your projects. Best of luck. And congratulations on that new daughter!