Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > The Spearboard Tavern > Off Topic Area

Off Topic Area Enjoy a virtual beer at the bar, and talk about anything else on your mind that may not pertain to spearfishing.

Old 12-21-2019, 10:49 AM   #1
jfjf

paddling video

https://youtu.be/fD9PKj_rsRA
jfjf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2019, 12:04 PM   #2
dr.ed

Re: paddling video

Nice vid ! 👏👏👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻

A couple of observations- your bow-person needs work on strokes: types and efficiency. That low water damn at the ramp at end of vid, with a bit more water could become a DEATH TRAP! A bit more water Will create a Very Powerful and Dangerous hydraulic.
dr.ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2019, 02:29 PM   #3
Marcus
Naval gazer extraordinair

Well done. That looks like a great day on a nice river on a nice warm day in December.
Given your proclivity towards screaming expletives when frustrated underwater, I was surprised by your calmness when dealing with going under that log. No worries, I said a few words for ya. You're a good dad, JFJF.
“If the natural tendencies of mankind are so bad that it is not safe to permit people to be free, how is it that the tendencies of these organizers are always good? Do not the legislators and their appointed agents also belong to the human race? Or do they believe that they themselves are made of a finer clay than the rest of mankind?”
― Frederic Bastiat, The Law
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2019, 03:35 PM   #4
jfjf

I was going out of my way to talk crap to him as we navigated the various obstacles.

Thanks guys, it is a nice way to spend a few hours without spending any money.

And thanks for the paddling advice.. we are definitely not practiced in it. That spillway did make an eddy that sucked you in and held the kayak, but it was pretty mild with that flow regime.
jfjf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2019, 12:47 PM   #5
OBLIGATED

If you get up around the Georgia/NC border let me know.There are rivers here from mild to HELL NO.I wont do Ocoee.It is stunning but it takes people.
Nottely can be ran with some experience and there are spots to fish for trout and cook them or just sip some booze and smoke cigars.One waterfall about 5 ft and we barely get a cup of water in the canoe going over.The rest you really steer for the most part till you get near the canoe/kayak ramp.Then you have to paddle some but the trees cover the cool water so its not like sweating your ass off in florida.
Old 12-24-2019, 09:11 PM   #6
Marcus
Naval gazer extraordinair

Quote:
Originally Posted by OBLIGATED View Post
If you get up around the Georgia/NC border let me know.There are rivers here from mild to HELL NO.I wont do Ocoee.It is stunning but it takes people.
Nottely can be ran with some experience and there are spots to fish for trout and cook them or just sip some booze and smoke cigars.One waterfall about 5 ft and we barely get a cup of water in the canoe going over.The rest you really steer for the most part till you get near the canoe/kayak ramp.Then you have to paddle some but the trees cover the cool water so its not like sweating your ass off in florida.
That DOES sound wonderful.
“If the natural tendencies of mankind are so bad that it is not safe to permit people to be free, how is it that the tendencies of these organizers are always good? Do not the legislators and their appointed agents also belong to the human race? Or do they believe that they themselves are made of a finer clay than the rest of mankind?”
― Frederic Bastiat, The Law
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2019, 11:21 PM   #7
OBLIGATED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
That DOES sound wonderful.
I wade the rivers to trout fish in early spring.Step in a deep hole and you will learn what the term "Turtle"means.