Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > United States Geographical Locations > Freshwater Shooting

Freshwater Shooting Live inland, away from the ocean? Tell us about freshwater hunting here.

Old 09-25-2007, 01:15 PM   #16
jstroup
Colorado

Re: First Striper...

Nebraska at Lake McConaughy is the only place I have been so far. The only place I am aware of in Colorado that is legal to spearfish game species is Pueblo Reservoir. I am pretty new to freshwater spearing, coming from Maui, so I am still in the learning freshwater techniques and where the good spots are outside of Colorado. If your around here in the summer time let me know, there are a handful of tournements in Utah and Wyoming. I know you are from Maui...have you done any 3-prong action yet in Arkansas?
jstroup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 01:34 PM   #17
55kg

Quote:
Originally Posted by jstroup View Post
Nebraska at Lake McConaughy is the only place I have been so far. The only place I am aware of in Colorado that is legal to spearfish game species is Pueblo Reservoir. I am pretty new to freshwater spearing, coming from Maui, so I am still in the learning freshwater techniques and where the good spots are outside of Colorado. If your around here in the summer time let me know, there are a handful of tournements in Utah and Wyoming. I know you are from Maui...have you done any 3-prong action yet in Arkansas?
Yea freshwater diving is a little different, I just don't like how you can't see the bottom of the lake. I'll make it up to colorado sometime, when are the months that are way to cold to go? ill probably buy a 5mm and put a 3mm under it. I havent 3-prong anything out here, the only thing I really go for are stripers...and I def dont wanna shoot them with a hawaiian sling!
55kg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 03:11 PM   #18
jstroup
Colorado

yeah bro, its starting to cool down a little in CO. I've been told that with the right wet suit you can go till late oct. I know what you mean with the vis...It's challenging not seeing the bottom. I never used a freedive watch in maui, but here I think I'll scoop one up now jsut so I know how deep I am. I'm stoked to get my 3 prong back, walleye seem to get close enough...should be good fun! How deep were you with those striper?
jstroup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 07:54 PM   #19
55kg

yea man a dive watch is key...no more too much walleye in beaver lake but the stripers are all over...The big striper was probably around 35 ft...a little past the thermocline...but in the spring they are pretty shallow, I seen some in under 30ft...and right now they are full shallow here...i saw a couple at 24 ft...
55kg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 05:10 PM   #20
diver50
Fishslayer

Awesome fish, 55kg! I have dove at Beaver a few times, but never spearfished it yet. After seeing what you have been doing, I am intrigued!
Old 10-07-2007, 07:12 PM   #21
OysterToadFish

Send a message via AIM to OysterToadFish

Nice fish, i wana see some pics of catfish..
OysterToadFish is offline   Reply With Quote