Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > United States Geographical Locations > Northern Atlantic: New England States

Northern Atlantic: New England States An area for the cold water divers of the New England States.

Old 09-21-2015, 08:32 PM   #46
Brother Neptune

Re: Dive shop open cell wetsuit issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aunakesu View Post
yup

lesson learned

since the suit is totally useless to me I'll sell it for a loss.

If anyone is interested make me an offer.
Hey Aunakesu,

Don't take a loss! You should be around a S3 or S4 at the most. I have some suits on rental that are basically brand new. If you come by and see me I can take a look at the suit and see if I can't get you into a suit that fits. I'd do ya a straight trade and put your suit into my rental dept. since that's the suit I carry any how.

Shoot me a message at nick@ecdivers.com if you have extra questions, I'd be more than happy to help out.
Old 09-21-2015, 09:39 PM   #47
jfjf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marco View Post
A wetsuit must fit snug, so these little creases will do nothing when it stretches. Lube it with some conditioner/water mix, wear it and go spearfishing.
I agree
jfjf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2015, 10:03 PM   #48
Bostondiver

Send a message via Skype™ to Bostondiver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Neptune View Post
Hey Aunakesu,

Don't take a loss! You should be around a S3 or S4 at the most. I have some suits on rental that are basically brand new. If you come by and see me I can take a look at the suit and see if I can't get you into a suit that fits. I'd do ya a straight trade and put your suit into my rental dept. since that's the suit I carry any how.

Shoot me a message at nick@ecdivers.com if you have extra questions, I'd be more than happy to help out.
That is an amazing offer from Nick!!!
Aunakesu, you should do that!

That is what I would call customer service. Even though you are not his customer yet. wow.
Bostondiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2015, 10:31 AM   #49
inkabodpain

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrispearo View Post
So you bought a wetsuit fit for a 215-235lb 6'2'' person and thought that would fit you????
I used to let people try open cell suits on and I had 2 suits ruined with multiple grab tears on the outer thighs and the customer refused to to pay for it. I have no recourse if that happens and I am a small business that can't afford that kind of a loss on a regular basis. I have also found that some people want to try my suits on then buy from the net. Specialty stores like dive shops are a tough racket that you have to do for the love of diving as there is not a lot of money in it. Okay I'm the bad guy….I gave him a size chart and agree an s3 or s4 would have been more appropriate but after looking at the size chart he wanted the 5 john and 6 jacket. And by the way this boy never answered my questions….He never tried to return it. He never tried to communicate dissatisfaction with the suit with me. And if my customer service sucked so bad why after being in my store just once, did he buy the friggin' suit??? I don't remember any unpleasantness or attitude on either side. One thing I've learned in business….there are some people that no matter what you do for them will never be happy. I wonder if he doesn't get fish with his speargun if he'll blame the owner of the company that sold it to him?
inkabodpain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2015, 10:34 AM   #50
inkabodpain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Neptune View Post
Hey Aunakesu,

Very generous Nick….good luck mate! Cheers.
inkabodpain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2015, 11:43 AM   #51
kehloken

Beings I just bought a open cell wet suit at a dive shop, I got to tell you post 49, I think explains everything.
Maybe I can help in your quest of being able to fulfill the divers needs for open cell wet suits.
I made a thread here recently and now I remember the guys name I think it was Rob, still out of many suits we pick the one that would probably fit me best, and the first thing he said was the problem of getting in and out these is nail cuts, I lifted my hand and no problem my nails were cut.
Lubed up the first suit to put it on, arms and legs too long.
So gone back to the rack finally came up with a brand for thick short arm short-legged person.
Simple answer have a pair of nail cutters actually have three or four in case someone walks off with a pair. a bottle of conditioner a few bucks, and a bottle to mix in.

Yes my suit has creases.
So does all my wet suits, no big deal.

At this point in time of your life and if you're just realizing that people are going to come in and try and buy off the Internet, I have to question your intelligence that is something that people whined about over a decade ago.

20 years ago when I showed up to my current state I went to dive shop and I needed a wreck diving book, the owner was so ignorant to say I could not look in the book, as it will get ruined and then he can't sell it. I said as I flipped the book over well there's already a crease on it, he said that's my point.
I said well OK then I'll buy the book, as I was polite and smiling and he was happy now as I was purchasing, in my mind I was saying you dumb ass you just lost a total sell of a lot of equipment because I will never step door in this place again.

Now just like above you can put the suits in your rental department, also unless you don't know how to do your taxes you can have a right off of losses, many ways to compensate due to damages of product.
I also would believe as you put down this perspective buyer as a boy, not a customer. so I would believe his statement saying he could never return it after he bought it from you.

Must like everyone for who they are and for whatever reason they want to buy.
Old 04-19-2018, 05:15 PM   #52
rnln

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrispearo View Post
Lesson learned. I never walk into a store thinking the employees or owner know what the hell they're talking about. That lesson comes quickly, shopping at west marine
I know what you are talking about and agreed, but sometimes there is exception. For example, when you are new and don't know which is what. Several months ago, when I started this, I knew nothing about freediving gears... I walked in Spear America in Irvine without knowing exactly which I should get. I did a lot of researches, but still... Anyway, Petros (introduced to me by AsianSpearo) threw me several jackets, showed me how to lube them, step by step how to put them on and take them off. He spent couple hours helped me to try every single gear from mask, snorkel, socks, gloves, fins, etc. At the end, I bought all my personal gears from him that day, and came back for more. I also told my friends about his store, and brought him another newbie not too long after that.
BTW, good business practice, Petros.
rnln is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2018, 01:52 PM   #53
Agador
Argonaut

necrothread
Agador is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2018, 03:17 PM   #54
Aunakesu

Since that suit didn't fit I had to buy a new one. The Mares has been hanging in my basement for 2years. I held onto it incase I gained 25lbs but instead I lost 10lbs. This suit will never fit or keep me warm. It should get used by someone.

Since the season is starting up this should be a good time to sell it. If anybody wants to try it on I have plenty of baby shampoo.

I paid over $300 retail. Suit is like new, I'll take 250 or best offer

thanks
Aunakesu is offline   Reply With Quote