Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > United States Geographical Locations > California Spearfishing

California Spearfishing Talk here about spearfishing on California's Pacific Coast, and post those reports and photos!

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 6 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 10-05-2011, 11:21 AM   #1
Mr Paul
Queerboard Kook

Mako review from a skeptic...

This was the first time ordering anything from Mako, im the kind of guy that will pay more for a brand name or a proven quality product because ive learned my lesson in the past with cheap stuff...I usually buy most of my shafts, hardware, rigging, and anything else i can from Mori, but i figured id give Mako a try on a couple small things because all have heard is good things for the past 3 years...It was only an $80 dollar order, so i didnt have much to lose.

I ordered a shaft, some shackles and band socks for all my guns that didnt have any. The ordering was simple, i like the mobile site they have, its really easy to navigate. I called and asked questions about the gear before i placed my order, and someone actually answered the phone and helped me (which is odd nowadays). The order got shipped and i recieved it last night after i got out of the water. Everything was there except for the band socks...The reciept said they didnt have any on hand so they refunded me, and to my surprise they gave me an additional shaft for the inconvenience.

Sure enough the refund was right on my statement. The hardware and shafts look to be of good quality and i totally appreciate the extra shaft, IMO they didnt have to do that, but i guess that's the over the top customer service that ive been hearing about for the last few years.

Thanks Mako, this wont be my last order.
Much appreciated,
Paul
Mr Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 11:54 AM   #2
SDDiver5

Re: Mako review from a skeptic...

Good to know!
SDDiver5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 12:00 PM   #3
Jolinedaniel
Shootin dodo's

Yea they are great guys over there
Jolinedaniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 01:37 PM   #4
elcaptainq

so I should order 20 band socks tonight?
elcaptainq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 01:41 PM   #5
zenspearo

I agree Paul. I ordered some gear bag and one of them was defective (not Mako's fault).

They shipped me a new one pronto with no fuss (I did send them a picture of the torn bag even though they didn't ask for it).

I like their service.

Please generalize the LOCATION/TIME of your spearing reports.
zenspearo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 02:16 PM   #6
zax

Few months ago I too gave it a try with Mako not with $80 but $800. I was confident because of the reviews and the look of their website (professional with large detailed images, detailed descriptions and no BS ads around). I ordered the ETR camo 120 gun, 5mm Yamamoto green camo wetsuit, mask, bag, floatline, a lots of stuff. They were out of the camo green handle for the gun, I had to wait for that a little but I got few extra stuff, again, as an inconvenience. Awesome team. And here is the best part: The wetsuit didn't fit it was too tight (MEDIUM), so I wanted to exchange to a larger one. They sent me a LARGE one, no extra shipping charge and with a paid return slip. This suit almost fit but was still a little tight. I nicely asked for an XL. They sent me that too without hesitation. I had 3 !!!!!!! wetsuits from them in my hand. I compared all 3 sizes and was confident that the XL is good, so I sent back the other 2 suits.
I love the ETR gun and the wetsuit is super warm in the 59F water in PV.
I think Mako is an awesome manufacturer and seller. I am not affiliated with them I am just a happy customer.
zax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 02:18 PM   #7
ApneaAddict

Quote:
Originally Posted by elcaptainq View Post
so I should order 20 band socks tonight?
That's what I was thinking!
ApneaAddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 03:42 PM   #8
elcaptainq

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApneaAddict View Post
That's what I was thinking!
With my luck they'll have them in stock and I'll be stuck with the hundred something dollar charge.
elcaptainq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 06:30 PM   #9
KelpStalker85
John

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Paul View Post
This was the first time ordering anything from Mako, im the kind of guy that will pay more for a brand name or a proven quality product because ive learned my lesson in the past with cheap stuff...I usually buy most of my shafts, hardware, rigging, and anything else i can from Mori, but i figured id give Mako a try on a couple small things because all have heard is good things for the past 3 years...It was only an $80 dollar order, so i didnt have much to lose.

I ordered a shaft, some shackles and band socks for all my guns that didnt have any. The ordering was simple, i like the mobile site they have, its really easy to navigate. I called and asked questions about the gear before i placed my order, and someone actually answered the phone and helped me (which is odd nowadays). The order got shipped and i recieved it last night after i got out of the water. Everything was there except for the band socks...The reciept said they didnt have any on hand so they refunded me, and to my surprise they gave me an additional shaft for the inconvenience.

Sure enough the refund was right on my statement. The hardware and shafts look to be of good quality and i totally appreciate the extra shaft, IMO they didnt have to do that, but i guess that's the over the top customer service that ive been hearing about for the last few years.

Thanks Mako, this wont be my last order.
Much appreciated,
Paul
I told you Paul their shafts are definiteyl quality as well as their customer service! Glad you liked them neighbor now I just have to let you shoot my Oceanic ETR 130 railgun one of these days.
JOHN

Last edited by KelpStalker85; 10-06-2011 at 02:01 AM.
KelpStalker85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 06:34 PM   #10
32Juan
RIP Bird Rock (∞-1/1/12)

Mako kicks butt.
Old 10-05-2011, 06:40 PM   #11
robbiefischer

anybody have their gloves? how are they holding up?
robbiefischer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 07:42 PM   #12
scotty_rez
Scott Reznicek

Send a message via Skype™ to scotty_rez

Mako is awesome! I ordered a few things over the phone from them before a trip a few months ago.

Scott
scotty_rez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 08:32 PM   #13
mochosla

That's Dano for you. His service is top notch and his gear is of great quality.

email me @

mochosla@yahoo.com
mochosla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 08:55 PM   #14
seabasshunterSB
SantaBarbarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by robbiefischer View Post
anybody have their gloves? how are they holding up?
Have two pairs of their camo gloves, Love them! For my diving they hold up very well. Comfortable and they keep my hands warm which has been a problem with others in the past.

Love Mako and their customer service is outstanding. Will be using their products for as long as I dive!
seabasshunterSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 08:58 PM   #15
Wedge

about 2 months ago i ordered an iconic pro rail gun from them. when the package got to my house i was surprised to find that they had shipped me an oceanic pro railgun insted, which is the more expensive version. i called them to see if they made a mistake or to see if they wanted me to pay the difference. And they said they had ran out of the Iconic pro and automatically upgraded me. theyr costumer service is absolutely top notch. scince then i give all my busness to them.
Wedge is offline   Reply With Quote