Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > Spearfishing Gear > All Other Gear

All Other Gear Tanks, BCDs, Regs, Fins, Stringers, and all other gear we use in Spearfishing.

Old 03-13-2020, 02:40 PM   #1
spearomurray

Force Guages

Hi Guys,
I thought I'd be smart and use my cheap-ass luggage scale to measure band tension on a few of my guns. Needless to say, the scale really shit the bed and now no longer works.

I'm hoping to find something that can do 1-250 lbf, small for-factor, $50-150. Anyone have any favorites?

Cheers
spearomurray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2020, 05:50 PM   #2
popgun pete

Re: Force Guages

You could check the bands off the gun using a hook and weights, pile the weights on until the bands reach the same draw as on your gun. I had the same thought, but luggage scales don't have the necessary range as most luggage is going to be hand held at some stage.
popgun pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2020, 10:45 PM   #3
Diving Gecko
Shooter & Shooter

Easy to find a scale for that price but may not be as small as a luggage one. I have one that goes up to 300kg I think which I have used to break test dyneema and it’s survived even the sudden backlash when the line breaks. Also used it to test band pull. I think it was 30 bucks in China where I live (so if you are not opposed to aliexpress, it’s prolly about the same there). It’s orange and more industrial looking. I think they make them in 150kg, too but not sure. Will check for a pic and price a bit later.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Diving Gecko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2020, 05:31 AM   #4
SEATUX

Here is a Really Nice scale I bought, It goes to 660LBS, is small and accurate, CHEAP @ $39 if you don't get the certified certificate.
I cant imagine you could do better than this for what you want.

https://neptonics.com/product/660lb-certified-scale/
SEATUX is offline   Reply With Quote