Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > United States Geographical Locations > Texas Gulf Coast

Texas Gulf Coast The Gulf Coast of the great state of Texas all the way from its border with Louisiana to Mexico is represented here

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-09-2007, 10:28 PM   #1
HellFish

Are gulf fish safe to eat?

I recently moved from SoCal and I'm just curious if Texas posts any data or info on the types of contaminants or toxins in the gulf waters. I know the DFG posts this info on their website for California. They even post recommended serving size and frequency for safe consumption of fish taken from specific areas along the pacific coast. Are there any areas that should be avoided here in Texas? Also, do yall find allot of parasites in fish taken from the gulf?

Can anyone provide a link to the Texas state dept in charge of rules and regulation on fishing and hunting? I need to get info on licensing and other stuff. Also any links to sites that provided water temp would be great, thanks.
HellFish is offline   Reply With Quote