Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > General Topics (Non-regional) > General Spearfishing & Diving Discussion

General Spearfishing & Diving Discussion This is where you post to discuss general spearfishing topics that could apply to any region.

Old 02-06-2006, 07:05 AM   #1
Ray Odor

That SUPER PAR-TY TIME

What a great time Denny and those SPUC's put on. Seeing old dive friends and new was more than worth the trip across the bay. Food was great and plentiful and the company was wonderful. (And the Hermes' team won.)
And------ they DID let Marcus in!
Ray

Last edited by Ray Odor; 02-06-2006 at 07:40 AM.
Ray Odor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 10:31 AM   #2
stevemc1
Firmly imbeded member

Re: That SUPER PAR-TY TIME

Ray, I saw you across the room, but by the time I came over to meet you, you were gone. We had a good time too! Steve and Lynn.
stevemc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 02:40 PM   #3
Denny
Grounds Hog Day

Steve- Great to see you and Lynn there.
Ray- You always make the party better.

It was a blast last night! We are so glad you could all make it.
The dive gear swap meet concept was a hit and will become a part of the Super Bowl Party.
For those that missed it, let me mention the 9x12 foot high definition picture that you could see from the opposite end of the basketball-court-length room.

Looking forward to next year. I think this was our 18th or 20th party. The memory gets fogged.

Protecting and promoting the rights of offshore spearfishers and anglers. Join us!
http://www.thefra.org

Check out OFFSHORE HUNTER
Waypoint management software for the serious spearfisher.
Got numbers?
http://www.offshorehunter.com
Denny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 02:49 PM   #4
Marcus
Naval gazer extraordinair

Definitely a good party and great venue. Thanks for the invite Denny. I picked me up a tank boot $3, a couple left over St. Pete Open shirts $10, and one free fin.
Sold an extra dive light I had too.
“If the natural tendencies of mankind are so bad that it is not safe to permit people to be free, how is it that the tendencies of these organizers are always good? Do not the legislators and their appointed agents also belong to the human race? Or do they believe that they themselves are made of a finer clay than the rest of mankind?”
― Frederic Bastiat, The Law
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 03:38 PM   #5
RichT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus
Definitely a good party and great venue. Thanks for the invite Denny. I picked me up a tank boot $3, a couple left over St. Pete Open shirts $10, and one free fin.
Sold an extra dive light I had too.

Marcus,
You will definitely have to come next year. Its just too bad my wife wanted to go home. She threw down the challenge when we got home by saying "I would have whipped that guys ass at h-o-r-s-e, p-i-g, p-i, OR round the world"!

Anyway... I ate to much and drank too much but had a great time seeing many of you guys there and I think the new swap meet thing will grow by leaps and bounds next year.
I had nearly everything I brought sold before I even reached the sale table!
All except that one fin...
RichT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 05:58 PM   #6
Marcus

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichTaylor
Marcus,
You will definitely have to come next year. Its just too bad my wife wanted to go home. She threw down the challenge when we got home by saying "I would have whipped that guys ass at h-o-r-s-e, p-i-g, p-i, OR round the world"!
Yea, I see how she is...waits till she gets home to start talking some smack.

You guys should've seen Rich trying to take my money. They had a basketball hoop there (It's a gymnasium). I challenge him to a game of 'HORSE' for some money and he pits his wife against me. After she refused to play at Rich's prodding, I get told that she was the 3 point ringer on her high school basketball team.
“If the natural tendencies of mankind are so bad that it is not safe to permit people to be free, how is it that the tendencies of these organizers are always good? Do not the legislators and their appointed agents also belong to the human race? Or do they believe that they themselves are made of a finer clay than the rest of mankind?”
Old 02-06-2006, 06:05 PM   #7
Steel Shootin'

I hated to miss this year. The plan was that my 16 y/o son would be coming with us, and he was our designated driver. He did not feel well, so we stayed at home and watched it. I know putting on an event is work, so I thank you guys for doing it, and apologize that I could not come out and enjoy it with you.
Steel Shootin' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 07:27 PM   #8
RichT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott
I hated to miss this year. The plan was that my 16 y/o son would be coming with us, and he was our designated driver. He did not feel well, so we stayed at home and watched it. I know putting on an event is work, so I thank you guys for doing it, and apologize that I could not come out and enjoy it with you.

We missed ya Scott, but I drank an extra pitcher in your honor.
Old 02-06-2006, 07:53 PM   #9
Spearchucker

I think I drank a pitcher for every person that could not make it....

Damn, I have the Budweiser Flu today.
Spearchucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 08:53 PM   #10
polespear

Great job on the party guy's, That picture on the game was outstanding. Denny, thanks for the hookup.
polespear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 09:01 PM   #11
Dive4Blood
The Wizard Of HOD

Thanks for the invite. I sold all the stuff I brought for the dive gear swap, almost before I could even put it on the table. Good company, food, beverages, TV, and plenty of hoops and football to keep the kids occupied.

I even saw Marcus challenge a four year old to a game of one on one street style basketball. It was awesome to see Marcus drive the lane, and take the rock to the rack in a monstrous jam that sent the youngster reeling backwards headfirst into the floor, leaving him dazed and bleeding. Marcus then pounded his chest several times, pointed two fingers toward the sky, and yelled at the other kids if they wanted to try to break off of piece of him. When nobody replied, he called them all bitches, lobbed the ball as far away as he could, and walked off in disgust.....
Dive4Blood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 09:06 PM   #12
bgbill

It was a great party, it was a great spread and a lot of nice people, I will not miss another one.
bgbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 09:10 PM   #13
RichT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spearchucker
I think I drank a pitcher for every person that could not make it....

Damn, I have the Budweiser Flu today.

Yeah, I could tell after you spilled your beer on my shoes.
Old 02-06-2006, 10:26 PM   #14
Marcus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dive4Blood
I even saw Marcus challenge a four year old to a game of one on one street style basketball. It was awesome to see Marcus drive the lane, and take the rock to the rack in a monstrous jam that sent the youngster reeling backwards headfirst into the floor, leaving him dazed and bleeding. Marcus then pounded his chest several times, pointed two fingers toward the sky, and yelled at the other kids if they wanted to try to break off of piece of him. When nobody replied, he called them all bitches, lobbed the ball as far away as he could, and walked off in disgust.....
Like sharks, you've got to posture and act aggressive as soon as you make eye contact with them, otherwise they'll try to punk ya.