Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > United States Geographical Locations > Florida Gulfcoast Spearfishing

Florida Gulfcoast Spearfishing Post here to discuss regional action or issues about spearing on Florida's Gulfcoast.

Old 07-18-2014, 09:02 PM   #16
gcracker89

Re: Spearfisherman getting mugged while diving out of Jupiter last weekend.

probably lucky the Goliath got it, a few more passes and the shark would have been in his lap
Old 07-19-2014, 08:57 AM   #17
Mutt

probably should limit recreational spearfishing to freediving....haha...recreational scuba diving breeds incompetence...lol
Old 07-19-2014, 10:37 AM   #18
Tyson Brown
Mer*Man*. Mer-MAN!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutt View Post
probably should limit recreational spearfishing to freediving....haha...recreational scuba diving breeds incompetence...lol
The difference between less experienced scuba divers and less experienced freedivers is that the freedivers can't find anything to shoot...

and there goes the thread...
Tyson Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 11:58 AM   #19
seadogger

Quote:
Here we go .... Tankers vs free divers.
Who gives a sh#t. Just plain funny. Too many divers not to see it coming.
I have to use black speed loaders instead of yellow because triggers/ seabass love to grab the yellow and run with it. Maybe the jewfish was smart and handicapped him so he couldn't chase him !! Lol

JESUS SAID...."Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day.....Teach a man to spear & he will eat for a life time or until SAFMC shuts everything down " or something like that.
seadogger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 12:02 PM   #20
seadogger

Quote:
Nice " gut shot " tuna in your avatar !! Lol
How many friends had to drop in after you to keep shooting it ?? Hmm

JESUS SAID...."Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day.....Teach a man to spear & he will eat for a life time or until SAFMC shuts everything down " or something like that.
Old 07-19-2014, 12:24 PM   #21
Mutt

Post Re: Spearfisherman getting mugged while diving out of Jupiter last weekend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by seadogger View Post
Here we go .... Tankers vs free divers.
Who gives a sh#t. .. Lol
not intent..tongue in my cheek..COMMENT NOT directed at divers on spearboard, AS all experienced here....but, eg. i quit flying airplanes when i hadnt the time to fly minimum 1-2 times/ week...a lot of bad shit can happen, etc...

.(certainly there r no weekend warriors on spearboard- all Pros here)...anyway for a weekend warrior scuba diving once/month bad shit can happen, especially when chasing fish...

freediving forces u to keep ur skills honed, plus bigger peripheral vision freediving, and you don't have tunnel vision like u do with scuba...just facts...

i could care less what people do under water..its their life..no offense to scuba..i do it....lol

Last edited by Mutt; 07-19-2014 at 05:51 PM.
Mutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 12:31 PM   #22
Mutt

Quote:
Originally Posted by seadogger View Post
Nice " gut shot " tuna in your avatar !! Lol
How many friends had to drop in after you to keep shooting it ?? Hmm

that exit wound...he was stoned...the buoy was flat on surface during my exit back to boat..i apparently dislodged breakaway tip from spinal cord, he woke up, when i was at boat pulling on float line to retrieve the fish. I Did have to go back down to kill him with 2nd shot...those r 2 exit wounds...i should have turned him over for pic i guess, but my first time pulling a trigger for a big underwater game shot.and i
was overwhelmed...lol..but yes, everyone on the boat was laughing as they thought i missed, i said no way...those guys were all the best in the world..i was the amateur...i was just lucky!, plus my fish was a guppy, i just picked out the one in the middle of pack..aimed, pulled the trigger and halled-ass.

.ps..that was 2nd time i pulled trigger on that bazooka ..the 1st time was in pool, seeing if that new gun worked..lol

but, u right i shouldnt have hijacked this thread...its funny!

Last edited by Mutt; 07-19-2014 at 06:01 PM.
Mutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 03:41 PM   #23
SC00BAD1V3R

Def amateur hour. Split fins..JBL magnum...rented tank and BC with weight belt...
SC00BAD1V3R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 11:45 AM   #24
Dr.shamas

Although there are many mistakes and its obviously amateurs (As myself ) i think you have to remember that at one time you were an amature, and not everyone has a diving "mentor" to make sure they are doing things right, most of the time i would imagine that its guys who all took certification classes together and are teaching themselves the ropes. Just a few thoughts i have since i am a rookie and dive and/or spearfish alone because i don't have a partner. Everything i have learned i learn from reading on here and mistakes made underwater.
Dr.shamas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 08:09 AM   #25
seadogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.shamas View Post
Although there are many mistakes and its obviously amateurs (As myself ) i think you have to remember that at one time you were an amature, and not everyone has a diving "mentor" to make sure they are doing things right, most of the time i would imagine that its guys who all took certification classes together and are teaching themselves the ropes. Just a few thoughts i have since i am a rookie and dive and/or spearfish alone because i don't have a partner. Everything i have learned i learn from reading on here and mistakes made underwater.
X2. We all learn as we go. I've been diving 30+ years and I still learn better ways to do things. I have had the pleasure as well to mentor new kids on the water with what I have learned.