Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > International Section > Other International

Other International Here is an area for shooters from Europe, Asia, Africa, and all points in between.

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 12-10-2011, 02:45 PM   #1
Turyturbo
Deaf Merman

La Paz Accommodation Suggestion?

My parents are looking for one or two houses next to the beach near La Paz for one week (End of June) to rent for a small family reunion.

I already gave them a couple of references but I want to gather more options from you.

They prefer more 'remote' area like Palapas Ventana rather than at the resort (hotels, tourism, busy places).

Of course, we all will go out fishing (I will be only one do spearfishing).

Thank you!
TT
Turyturbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 04:10 PM   #2
inshanity

Re: La Paz Accommodation Suggestion?

My friend's parents rent out there place in Bahia de los muertos when they're not using it. Its very secluded and has a lot to offer for adults and children. Its very secluded, has internet, AC, private chef, 5 bedrooms and lots cots to sleep more, 26 foot boat with captain for spearing or fishing, taxi service from LAP, or SJD, great reefs in front of the house for snorkeling, golf course, two bar/restaurants within walking distance, horse back riding, and more I'm forgetting.

I've spent a lot of time there and its amazing! Depending on how many people you have there it can be cheaper than places like palapas that don't even compare. I can get you more info if you're interested

Last edited by inshanity; 12-10-2011 at 04:26 PM.
inshanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 04:33 PM   #3
inshanity

Here's a google map http://maps.google.com/?ll=23.984684...h&z=15&vpsrc=6

I can email you pics too
inshanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 04:55 PM   #4
Scott Diego
Ocean Bound

Palapas Ventana. Done.

Fish right from there and their restaurant is great...

http://www.darnellcapital.com

"hasta la victoria siempre"
Scott Diego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 12:52 AM   #5
Turyturbo
Deaf Merman

Quote:
Originally Posted by inshanity View Post
My friend's parents rent out there place in Bahia de los muertos when they're not using it. Its very secluded and has a lot to offer for adults and children. Its very secluded, has internet, AC, private chef, 5 bedrooms and lots cots to sleep more, 26 foot boat with captain for spearing or fishing, taxi service from LAP, or SJD, great reefs in front of the house for snorkeling, golf course, two bar/restaurants within walking distance, horse back riding, and more I'm forgetting.

I've spent a lot of time there and its amazing! Depending on how many people you have there it can be cheaper than places like palapas that don't even compare. I can get you more info if you're interested
Hey dude, yes, I am interested. Please send to my email address I pm'ed you. Thank you!
Old 12-11-2011, 12:55 AM   #6
Turyturbo
Deaf Merman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Diego View Post
Palapas Ventana. Done.

Fish right from there and their restaurant is great...
I have been there twice. I already gave this information to my parents. They are looking for a house for everybody like what Shane referred to. Thanks.
Old 12-11-2011, 02:27 AM   #7
ForrestG
World Traveler

We love renting a house at rancho leonero (near Los barilles) about 40mins from la Paz. Beautiful homes, very secluded, awesome safe community.
Old 12-11-2011, 03:15 AM   #8
solunamar
NoCal4life

Palapas Ventana. Period.
If you choose not to stay there, Tim can hook you up with a house nearby and you'll be close enough so you'll access to his facilities and boats. Get's no better.
solunamar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 10:48 AM   #9
Turyturbo
Deaf Merman

Quote:
Originally Posted by solunamar View Post
Palapas Ventana. Period.
If you choose not to stay there, Tim can hook you up with a house nearby and you'll be close enough so you'll access to his facilities and boats. Get's no better.
Kewl. I did not know that. I will email Tim about this accommodation. Thanks for that!
Old 12-11-2011, 10:49 AM   #10
Turyturbo
Deaf Merman

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForrestG View Post
We love renting a house at rancho leonero (near Los barilles) about 40mins from la Paz. Beautiful homes, very secluded, awesome safe community.
I gave this link to them. It looks nice place. Thank you for sharing this.
Old 12-11-2011, 12:10 PM   #11
nyspear
Bobby

I was in La Ventana a few months ago and stayed here. The owner's name is Terry Kaiser and she owns a couple of houses in the area. The house is starting to show its age a bit, but the views from the house are unreal and the ocean access is super easy. Terry mentioned that she would be replacing a lot of the older appliances and fixtures.

Tim knows the house and his boats would come and pick us up right on the beach in front of the house every morning. If you need a house for a family gathering and want to dive with Palapas Ventana, this is a really good option. Just keep in mind that there's not a whole lot to do in La Ventana if you don't dive or kite.
nyspear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 01:22 PM   #12
Turyturbo
Deaf Merman

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyspear View Post
I was in La Ventana a few months ago and stayed here. The owner's name is Terry Kaiser and she owns a couple of houses in the area. The house is starting to show its age a bit, but the views from the house are unreal and the ocean access is super easy. Terry mentioned that she would be replacing a lot of the older appliances and fixtures.

Tim knows the house and his boats would come and pick us up right on the beach in front of the house every morning. If you need a house for a family gathering and want to dive with Palapas Ventana, this is a really good option. Just keep in mind that there's not a whole lot to do in La Ventana if you don't dive or kite.
Sweet. I really appreciated your reference! It looks nice. We all will fish, dive, snorkel, beach walk, and relax mostly. I forwarded this to my parents. My parents are grateful to know that SB members are useful and helpful. Thank you, nyspear!
Old 12-12-2011, 01:01 AM   #13
steepNdeep
Wet spears

A friend of mine owns a house in Los Barriles that he rents out. Let me know if you're interested & I'll put you in touch...
steepNdeep is offline   Reply With Quote