Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > Tournament and Event Archives > 2011 Tournament and Event Archives > 2011 The Blue Wild Expo - May 28-29, 2011

2011 The Blue Wild Expo - May 28-29, 2011 This is a world-class spearfishing event with over 1,000 participants at the Ft. Lauderdale Convention Center.

Old 05-29-2011, 08:23 AM   #1
captain.ed

Eagerly awaiting the doors to open

I drove down from Islamorada this morning and I'm sitting in Starbuck$ waiting for the doors to open...I feel like a kid on Christmas morning wiring for mom and dad to get out of bed so I can rip into my new stuff!!!!
Old 05-29-2011, 08:51 AM   #2
Bill McIntyre

Re: Eagerly awaiting the doors to open

I envy you. I wish I could have made it this year, and I sure would have if I was within driving distance.
Bill McIntyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 10:09 PM   #3
Sheri
So Little Time

Captain Ed, I love you description of the Expo. I've heard several guys say it's like Christmas day for them. I hope you had a great time and a safe drive back to Islamorada.

Bill, hope we see you next time!
Sheri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 11:25 PM   #4
Bill McIntyre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheri View Post

Bill, hope we see you next time!
I hope you do too Sheri. Maybe things will shake out better. The remodel of the kitchen and replacement of all the windows was in the budget, but the $6500 I've spent on the boat so far this year wasn't. Hopefully those things won't repeat next year.

I really feel like I'm out of the mainstream now. Diving with my buddies out here is nice, but going to your Blue Wild makes me feel like I'm connected to a world-wide community. There is nothing like it. I hope I can reconnect again.
Old 05-31-2011, 11:42 PM   #5
Sheri
So Little Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill McIntyre View Post
Blue Wild makes me feel like I'm connected to a world-wide community. There is nothing like it. I hope I can reconnect again.
Bill, that special feeling was in the air again this year, and I'm sure it will be here next time too. I'm learning about a lot of long-lasting friendships that have been made at past Expos -- pretty cool! Anyway, I'm making the next Expo during a time when you guys can't dive (to increase the chances I will see you here next time). So start saving your pennies!
Sheri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 08:47 AM   #6
Powers
Dad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheri View Post
Bill, that special feeling was in the air again this year, and I'm sure it will be here next time too. I'm learning about a lot of long-lasting friendships that have been made at past Expos -- pretty cool! Anyway, I'm making the next Expo during a time when you guys can't dive (to increase the chances I will see you here next time). So start saving your pennies!
The Expo was perfect. Thanks, Sheri! We know you went to great lengths to make it so special. I really like the idea of a wintertime Expo.

Great seeing everyone!
Powers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 10:25 AM   #7
Daryl Wong

Aloha,

It wa pleasure to attend this year and actually all the other years. Friendships were made at every one of them and the expo gives everyone a chance to see all the latest and greatest things there.
I can't describe the excitement you can feel in the air as everyone cruises through the expo. Most of us vendors have to touch base early in the show before the doors open, because once the doors open its non stop every day.
The first day I only was able to take one bite out of the awesome turky sandwiches they sell there and Sunday, I didn't even bother to buy lunch it was so busy.
Thanks Ed, for stopping by and all of your out there. Bill, you have to come on back. Its always a blast to see you there and as you know the fun continues after the show in the lobby lounge!
See yaaa'llll next year. Learned some red neck from my good friends Dan Mac,and Cpt Randy Batts fron NC!

The next expo will be in Jan 2013. Can't wait already! And I haven't left Florida yet!

Aloha, Daryl
Daryl Wong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 08:57 AM   #8
sacha58

January 2013....I'm looking forward to it.
Alessandro

www.c4carbon.com
www.palmbeachfreedivers.com
www.flfreedivers.com
www.polosub.com

sacha58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 12:38 PM   #9
HeadHunter
Dan MacMahon

And I learned that even highly respected Dentist/World class Gun Builders from Hawaii have some redneck in them too! We'll have you listening to country music before you know it Daryl! Looking forward to 2013!

Smart people realize they know very little.
Stupid people think they know everything.
HeadHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 01:31 PM   #10
Daryl Wong

Aloha Dan,

I bet you didn't know I also listen to Country music here in Hawaii. Only one station. There's a lot of redneck in this yellow skin body! If you only knew!
Great to hang out with you. Also started on the new project and shaft.

Aloha Daryl
Daryl Wong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 07:24 PM   #11
Ballenita

What happened to 2012?

Ballenita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 07:29 PM   #12
Bill McIntyre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ballenita View Post
What happened to 2012?
I think I heard that she was going for January 2013.
Old 06-16-2011, 02:07 PM   #13
Ballenita

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!
lol

Ballenita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 08:30 AM   #14
caterer

Hey Daryl,

I was cruising through this thread and was happy to see your post. I never properly thanked you for the most incredible spear gun I have ever seen. I have the most accurate shot now. Last year, the whole year, I shot only 5 keeper bass the whole season. This year I shot 8 in seven days. Every night at our beach vacation we made fish, and great memories. I love hearing people say I don't like fish, then after eating freshly speared fish asking to take some home. That gun never leaves my truck, and my wife calls it my "precious".

I can't say thank you nearly enough to convey my gratitude for all you did and the advice you gave me on my whole dive technique.

By the way, someone just caught a 81 lb striped bass on rod and reel right where you told me to go diving with your friend from Connecticut.

John from PA
caterer is offline   Reply With Quote