Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > The Spearboard Tavern > Off Topic Area

Off Topic Area Enjoy a virtual beer at the bar, and talk about anything else on your mind that may not pertain to spearfishing.

Old 06-27-2019, 11:30 AM   #61
OBLIGATED

Re: Financial/Investments

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
Everyone involved, especially the judge. $25 million is a pittance for that crime.
We have a LEGAL system not a JUSTICE systemIf you or me did ANYTHING minutely close to that we would be in prison.
There is a reason LEOs and others that have worked around the system are taking retirement ASAP or leave for a more honest career.Lots of LEOs disgusted with the corruption all the way from the department,through the courts and ito the correction facilities.
When you hire based on gender,race,sexuality,religion or politics instead of qualifications you get the lowest common denominator as an employee.Then them turds rise to the surface of the swamp.
Old 06-27-2019, 01:22 PM   #62
OBLIGATED

APMEX has gold on sale today at SPOT until 4 pm!
Old 07-13-2019, 12:54 AM   #63
OBLIGATED

Really wish I would have had more money to dump in the mutual fundI sold my OAKMARK when it went back into the black and got SWPPX and kept SLOWLY adding money.
Im happy its up but would have been happier with more shares climbing pretty quick.
Sucks to be poor.I guess I will keep dribbling in money for the next 5 years or so.
Old 07-13-2019, 01:39 PM   #64
Marcus
Naval gazer extraordinair

From my understanding, this shit is blowing up and the big guys are getting out. It's spookily like the previous major crash.
Also, nations/central banks are buying gold at unprecedented levels. Gold has already made a major move and is looking very bullish for another one. I'm loaded for bear on that (PM miners) and have recently added to silver as it lags gold in price explosion. I read a Zerohedge article the other day that worked thru the data and found a major whale accumulating long positions in the silver futures. They surmised it was the central bank of China. This predisposed to create a major short squeeze in silver, thus propelling it upwards. The gold/silver ratio is already at the lowest of imbalances.
“If the natural tendencies of mankind are so bad that it is not safe to permit people to be free, how is it that the tendencies of these organizers are always good? Do not the legislators and their appointed agents also belong to the human race? Or do they believe that they themselves are made of a finer clay than the rest of mankind?”
― Frederic Bastiat, The Law
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2019, 02:55 PM   #65
OBLIGATED

Probably going to buy a some silver IF things work out this month.IF is a big word sometimes.I have been buying 10 0z at a time but would like to get a few 100 oz bars.Probably never cash them in but the kids will get a nice surprise when I croak.
Old 07-16-2019, 12:27 PM   #66
OBLIGATED

MAGA! DOW is upFBHO by the way!
Old 07-22-2019, 10:15 AM   #67
OBLIGATED

JM Bullion has varied 1oz gold coins today for 9.99 over spot!
Old 07-28-2019, 12:39 PM   #68
OBLIGATED

DOW over 27,000!Wish I would have had a bunch of money to dump into my mutual fund when I bought in.
Old 11-27-2019, 10:07 AM   #69
OBLIGATED

APMEX is going to do a Black Friday sale with some PMS at spot prices.
SWPPX YTD yield is over 25% Of course I didnt get the 25% because I have been dribbling in money.So far around 10% return for me.Beats 1/2% at the bank!
Old 12-04-2019, 08:29 PM   #70
Marcus

Gold Has Outperformed The Stock Market Over The Last Year

Au has been making a move to break out of this flag formation...to the upside! 1487 is the break point. A close above that will trigger much more buying.
Check out the 5 yr chart on JNUG (One of my most weighted investment vehicles for Jr. Au miners). It's not for the weak hearted. You need confidence at a good entry point to not be shook out. I was trying to pick up a considerable amount (for me) today if it came back down to touch the 50DMA. I seen a LOT of support today not allowing for the closing of the gap up yesterday.
If it doesn't tomorrow, I will probably await for a close of gold above 1487. JNUG still has ALL kinds of running room above that.
“If the natural tendencies of mankind are so bad that it is not safe to permit people to be free, how is it that the tendencies of these organizers are always good? Do not the legislators and their appointed agents also belong to the human race? Or do they believe that they themselves are made of a finer clay than the rest of mankind?”
Old 12-19-2019, 01:06 PM   #71
OBLIGATED

Schwab has a Bond fund SWAGX Im going to dribble money into.Return was around 8%.
The SWPPX YTD did 29.9%
Old 12-23-2019, 02:43 PM   #72
OBLIGATED

SWPPX YTD is 31.02 today!
Pretty much met my goal to have cards paid off and the house.A little behind because I got enticed by a boat and Harley but they are owned by me not the bank.After the first of the year when everyones brain is on work instead of the holidays the house gets new windows,doors,siding,A/C and some stuff on the inside too.
My body hurts like an SOB but someone has to do the work.When you are not rich you have to do sweat equity or have nothing.Still thankful for what little I have.

Happy Holidays and be safe!
Old 12-24-2019, 10:13 AM   #73
Marcus

Quote:
Gold Has Outperformed The Stock Market Over The Last Year

Au has been making a move to break out of this flag formation...to the upside! 1487 is the break point. A close above that will trigger much more buying.
Check out the 5 yr chart on JNUG (One of my most weighted investment vehicles for Jr. Au miners). It's not for the weak hearted. You need confidence at a good entry point to not be shook out. I was trying to pick up a considerable amount (for me) today if it came back down to touch the 50DMA. I seen a LOT of support today not allowing for the closing of the gap up yesterday.
If it doesn't tomorrow, I will probably await for a close of gold above 1487. JNUG still has ALL kinds of running room above that.
The coast is clear it seems...broke resistance. Clear blue skies for a while. I picked up a considerable amount of JNUG at ~$62. Even a blind squirrel finds nut every once in a while. Hero today...could be a zero tomorrow. The markets will humble you...where it hurts.
When I first started was back in the .com boom. Everything you touched turned to gold. I thought I was an investing god. I turned $8k into over $100k...then rode that SOB all the way back down.
I then got edumacated on trading skills...only to see the skills become practically worthless when the FED or other entities distorts the market via direct manipulation.
The technical analysis skills have very little value now. They do still come in handy though. If you put this on the daily chart for 6 months, you'll see a classic downward flag powerful breakout to the upside. I've been watching the support levels closely...and it looks strong. It has me wondering if the breakout is only happening because all the manipulators are on vacation. Nevertheless, I believe it's a clear signal to way more upside, regardless of what the manipulators want. This is a great xmas gift for my portfolio(Up 6.5% and the day has just started). Ah, I hope I don't curse myself. I'm not bragging, just happy. You'll notice I don't crow about when my portfolio goes down 6.5% in one day.
Old 12-24-2019, 12:22 PM   #74
OBLIGATED

Quote:
The coast is clear it seems...broke resistance. Clear blue skies for a while. I picked up a considerable amount of JNUG at ~$62. Even a blind squirrel finds nut every once in a while. Hero today...could be a zero tomorrow. The markets will humble you...where it hurts.
When I first started was back in the .com boom. Everything you touched turned to gold. I thought I was an investing god. I turned $8k into over $100k...then rode that SOB all the way back down.
I then got edumacated on trading skills...only to see the skills become practically worthless when the FED or other entities distorts the market via direct manipulation.
The technical analysis skills have very little value now. They do still come in handy though. If you put this on the daily chart for 6 months, you'll see a classic downward flag powerful breakout to the upside. I've been watching the support levels closely...and it looks strong. It has me wondering if the breakout is only happening because all the manipulators are on vacation. Nevertheless, I believe it's a clear signal to way more upside, regardless of what the manipulators want. This is a great xmas gift for my portfolio(Up 6.5% and the day has just started). Ah, I hope I don't curse myself. I'm not bragging, just happy. You'll notice I don't crow about when my portfolio goes down 6.5% in one day.
Thats why I did the mutual fund and just started a bond fund.I dont want to be constantly worrying about losing what hurt so much to gain.May get a piece of property to build another log home.My brain says yes but my body says hell no.May just get a house that needs some fixing and not tear anything else up on the body.
Old 12-24-2019, 12:43 PM   #75
Marcus

Oh yea, understood. It's certainly not for the uninitiated. I've taken my lumps and am hoping I've learned from them. I'm in the green and well positioned at the moment. Rots o' Ruck!