Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > United States Geographical Locations > California Spearfishing

California Spearfishing Talk here about spearfishing on California's Pacific Coast, and post those reports and photos!

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 08-18-2014, 07:19 PM   #16
John Hughes
wsb....I'm over it!

Re: Aussies Looking for Cali Spearo Buddies in September

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt. George View Post
Trip calender @www. divingcharters.com
you guys should look into this. It's probably your best opportunity to shoot some big pelagics while you're here!
I have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly. John 10:10
John Hughes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2014, 09:00 AM   #17
bigjim
No White Flags

Was lucky enough to get to spend the day paddling and diving with Ben, Ale and Matt aka DamaniJ yesterday!

Super nice guys, ton of fun, good divers, and fun day all around.

We all got solid stringers of various Rockies and nice eater size Lings between 27-30 inches or so.

Nothing real big or sexy, but yummy none the less!

Conditions were real nice, viz in most spots was 15-20 and we dove some great structure and got to play in some giant schools of blues.

It was great to meet you guys and I hope the rest of your trip goes well!!

If you get a chance to take these guys out diving I highly recommend it.

Sincerely,

Jim

Ps. Shoot me a PM guys and we'll see if we can't get you some hookups in New Orleans.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	483
Size:	126.6 KB
ID:	211233  
Old 10-13-2014, 11:49 AM   #18
kperlin
I Dive because I Can!

Took Ben and Ale out yesterday to Cat for for a bit.. then hit the BreakWall on the way in.... Awesome guys... really fun... saw some YT inthe distance... rats on paddy's.. stopped on one where they jumped in and like 8 Sun fish on it.... Ben shot a huge Sandy'!!! 26 inch... looked like 9lb... super stoked for them...

KP
kperlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2014, 09:58 PM   #19
TheSeaHobbit

Hey guys,

Just thought I'd post a quick update while we have some spare time and solid internet.

Massive thanks to all the guys who have helped us out far!!! You have helped with information on dive spots and gear, put us in contact with other spearos, lent and gifted needed equipment, taken us out and shown us your own favourite spots and even housed and fed us.

You have all really made this part of our trip unbeatable!

We made our start up in norcal. Had a few cool dives at the pacifica wreck and out in santa cruz, then headed south to Monterey where we went out on yaks around pebble beach and had a shore dive further north. Had a squeeze with the cold water which really sucks, so we were land locked for all of big sur and santa barbara (the ear is holding up for now). There are a heap of spots that we will have to check out next time.

Finally made it to the LA area where we went out for our first night dive at the santa monica breakwall (you can't get bugs at night back home). An absolutely disorientating experience at first, especially without contacts, a leaky mask, bloody ear and sculpin taking out dive mates. Tag teamed a heap of crays in the day and have since gone out to catalina and another breakwall. Each dive has been really different and all insanely fun.

With all the new fish we've shot our first lings, cabazon, rock fish of various colours, sheepheads, sand bass and a few more who's names I've forgotten.

While on the road we're eating fresh fish and lobster for lunch and dinner everyday, cooked suspiciously on our camp burner in dark parking lots (Live like hobos eat like kings).

Still have until the 20th of oct to dive anywhere from malibu to san diego, so looking forward to a bunch more dives (unless we head to Mexico!!). Then we are off to Texas, Louisiana and North Carolina for some more fish slaying.

I'll put some photos up when I can get a few cool stills from the video we have. I've been really bad with using the gopro (especially after losing our wrist strap), so sorry if there are limited or shitty ones.

Thanks again and you all better make it to Western Australia!!

Ben and Ale
TheSeaHobbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2014, 10:33 PM   #20
Gaudi

Let me know when you get in texas, might be able to take you guys hunting , pigs, ducks, deeer, who knows depending on the dates.
Gaudi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2014, 11:39 AM   #21
SCreefhunter

Great diving with you guys in Santa Cruz, hit me up when you get to San Diego!
SCreefhunter is offline   Reply With Quote