Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > United States Geographical Locations > California Spearfishing

California Spearfishing Talk here about spearfishing on California's Pacific Coast, and post those reports and photos!

Old 04-20-2017, 01:42 PM   #1
Neptonic Systems
Official Sponsor

Build a MannySub Roller for $149!!!

In the last few weeks the divers below shot monster fish with guns between 110-120cm using a MannySub Rollerkit.

We believe unequivocally MannySub makes the best Roller Kit in the world and that's why we're stocking them.

Convert your euro now or double up with one of our RA guns.

Introductory special of $149 (reg. $210) for the MannySub Roller kit.

As always free express shipping and tax free outside of FL. Bring your gun into the long beach shop and we'll even set it up for you.

Grab yours today while stocks last.

Quality you can trust from North America's Largest Selection of Spearfishing Equipment.
Neptonic Systems is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 11:31 AM   #2
Alashaman
PB 66Lbs WSB

Re: Build a MannySub Roller for $149!!!

I'll put in a shameless promotion.... I love mine.

I traded out a 145cm gun I was using for Yellows last year to a 120cm roller with the mannysub power head, that weighs half as much and has twice the power of the 145cm... tracks so much better, and is just a superior gun.

There are a lot of pipe gun conversion for rollers, but the Mannysub is by far the best IMO. Light weight, designed well, quality construction, does not make the barrel muzzle heavy. Solid product and I am very happy to see it making its way into mainstream US distribution.
Alashaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 02:38 PM   #3
Neptonic Systems
Official Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alashaman View Post

I traded out a 145cm gun I was using for Yellows last year to a 120cm roller with the mannysub power head, that weighs half as much and has twice the power of the 145cm... tracks so much better, and is just a superior gun.

There are a lot of pipe gun conversion for rollers, but the Mannysub is by far the best IMO. Light weight, designed well, quality construction, does not make the barrel muzzle heavy. Solid product and I am very happy to see it making its way into mainstream US distribution.
Thanks Alashaman. We'd love to see a pic of that monster WSB you took down with your MannySub Roller.

Also you might want to change your PB in your avatar.

Quality you can trust from North America's Largest Selection of Spearfishing Equipment.
Old 04-21-2017, 04:37 PM   #4
Alashaman
PB 66Lbs WSB

Here is the pic
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	j1.jpg
Views:	630
Size:	38.4 KB
ID:	232580  
Old 04-22-2017, 05:19 PM   #5
ThatSkinnyGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alashaman View Post

Very nice. What's your specs on that? Shaft thickness, band size and stretch? Details, details!
ThatSkinnyGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2017, 07:33 PM   #6
Neptonic Systems
Official Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatSkinnyGuy View Post
Very nice. What's your specs on that? Shaft thickness, band size and stretch? Details, details!
Give us a call or pop down to the Long Beach store and we'll hook you up with specs.

Old 04-22-2017, 09:51 PM   #7
Spear n Surf
Waterman

Might have to check this out!
Old 04-22-2017, 11:04 PM   #8
Alashaman
PB 66Lbs WSB

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatSkinnyGuy View Post
Skinnyguy, are you looking to build a similar gun? I would highly suggest you look at building a gun specific for you and what you are hunting.

For example my gun has a beefy band. By buddy has a similar gun and elected for a lighter band. Additionally im 6'4 with long arms and I can barely reach the end of my gun... I wouldn't recommend it to someone alot smaller...

100% best advice is to go into the shop and pick out the parts for you.
Old 04-23-2017, 11:19 PM   #9
Big_Berg

What about this roller muzzle makes it any better than the others?
Big_Berg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2017, 11:18 AM   #10
Alashaman
PB 66Lbs WSB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_Berg View Post
A few things come to mind,

First of which is the weight. Some of the other roller heads have a lot more weight to them, which on a long gun can tend to cause the muzzle to drop.

Second, the bearings they use are amazing, and are extremely resistant to sand and salt water damage.

Third, other than the screws and bearings, the Mannysub is one piece construction, so there is no place for water to penetrate and cause failure.

4th, it can handle 18mm rubber , I believe most of the others recommend 16mm rubber.

My final note would be that I just like the way it looks over some of the competition. Its sleek, it doesn't have a bunch of stuff sticking out that is going to get caught in the kelp and the channel is wide enough to allow for quick and simple reloading but still provides a excellent guide for the shaft.

Bottom line, when I decided to build a new roller gun, I decided I wanted a ferrari as I have a garage full of honda's and chevy's. I could have put a cheaper roller muzzle on and used an aluminum gun.. and probably saved a few hundred $$, and not got the gun I really wanted.

This is exactly why I suggest if you're in the market, you head in or call and look at the options for yourself and design the gun for your budget and your size.
Old 04-24-2017, 02:30 PM   #11
Neptonic Systems
Official Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_Berg View Post
Apart from what alashaman said it's tried and tested. It's been the industry standard for a long time in other parts of the world where Rollers have been popular for quite some time. We looked at MannySub long and hard and spoke to a lot of people before doing our own testing. The downside is with quality and manufacturing coming from a prohibitively expensive country (say unlike Asia) the cost is high. But a. you get what you pay for and it'll be a lot cheaper in the long run, and b. with a 1/3 off in our intro sale it really does make it affordable.

We have a handful left at the sale price. Give it a try. You won't be disappointed.

Old 04-25-2017, 01:21 PM   #12
Krosys1

I just picked one up saturday, Josh and michael were there to help get it set-up for me. i can't wait to try this thing out!

Thank you Josh and Michael!
Krosys1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2017, 02:48 PM   #13
Neptonic Systems
Official Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krosys1 View Post
I just picked one up saturday, Josh and michael were there to help get it set-up for me. i can't wait to try this thing out!

Thank you Josh and Michael!
Glad to help. Let us know if you have any questions. Once you're dialed in you'll never go back!

Old 04-27-2017, 03:33 PM   #14
SB_Poseidon

does the manny muzzle fit into the Hatch Gremlin barrel?
Old 04-27-2017, 05:19 PM   #15
surforfish
Ocho Loko

Send a message via AIM to surforfish

I custom fit one on my 50" wong. Worked well for the cubera.