Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > The Spearboard Tavern > Politics/Religion Forum

Politics/Religion Forum This special place is for threads that are primarily on political or religious subjects.

Old 06-10-2016, 07:42 PM   #1
Marcus
Naval gazer extraordinair

Generation Snowflake: Safe Spaces, Trigger Warnings And The Wussification Of Our Youn

WTF is wrong w/ people?? We're raising a bunch of worthless coddling ticks. The question IS rhetorical. It's understood that the fed gov't is intentionally creating such worthless people w/their propaganda designed to attack usefulness.
The evidence is clear.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-0...r-young-people
Old 08-15-2016, 03:00 PM   #2
Marcus

Re: Generation Snowflake: Safe Spaces, Trigger Warnings And The Wussification Of Our

Oregon State To Force "Social Justice" Training On Freshman

Quote:
Oregon State University is developing an online course centered on “social justice” that new students will soon be required to take.
Old 08-24-2016, 10:04 AM   #3
Marcus

Re: Generation Snowflake: Safe Spaces, Trigger Warnings And The Wussification Of Our

Maslow's Hierarchy of Needs. When our basic needs are met, we can move on to less essential things.

Old 08-30-2016, 08:42 PM   #4
Marcus

WTF is wrong with these people???

WTF Headline Of The Day: UND Offers Students "Social-Justice-Themed" Housing Option

Quote:
The University of North Dakota (UND) is offering students the chance to live in a specialized housing community dedicated entirely to social justice. Students will have the option to room with individuals of any "gender identity" as long as all parties agree to the living arrangement....
Old 10-12-2016, 09:19 AM   #5
Marcus

Professor Slams "Special Snowflakes" Living In "Fantasy World"

Quote:
"...These precious snowflakes are the children of political correctness, their parents and schools lead them to believe that the world is perfectly moralistic — they don’t live in the real world, it is a fantasy..."
Old 10-12-2016, 09:46 AM   #6
riplipper
Relax, a beer will help

I'm telling Tony that your not sensitive to my needs.
Old 10-12-2016, 06:13 PM   #7
Ron S

Wow! When I was in college, which was indeed a long time ago, it was encouraged to debate sensitive topics. Those backward, insensitive professors of the time actually thought it was a learning experience to discuss such things, both in and out of the classroom. Got real heated and loud at times. Good stuff indeed! We were all the better for it.
Were feelers hurt? Probably, but nobody started balling about it. Well, maybe somebody did, but who cares?

I think the term, "snowflake generation", is very accurate.

Ron.
Ron S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2016, 07:03 PM   #8
Marcus

It's just another way that the globalists who are pushing common core curriculum to remove destroy our 1st amendment rights. Don't think for one instant that this hasn't been planned.
Old 10-14-2016, 06:52 AM   #9
riplipper
Relax, a beer will help

My daughter who is in 6th grade came home yesterday and said they had a new gym teacher.....No more dodgeball. She does not like game where people have to get out...

This country is SO FREAKING DONE
Old 10-14-2016, 07:29 AM   #10
PikeInSalt

My girls haven't hit school age yet, and when I see these headlines..... I wish they could stay that young a bit longer so this oscillation into the abyss of stupidity can start it's upward trend to a more worthwhile existence. No ****ing dodgeball..... smh
PikeInSalt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2016, 04:05 AM   #11
riplipper
Relax, a beer will help

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/universi...ween-costumes/

unfreakinbelievable
Old 10-19-2016, 08:22 AM   #12
Ron S

Quote:
Originally Posted by riplipper View Post
That makes me sick to my stomach! I remember when our enemies were afraid to attack our country because they knew that if they did, the population would fight tooth and nail, and most would be armed and proficient with their guns to boot.

Now about all the deterrent we have is that if attacked, the sound of whining would be deafening. I guess that's something...
Old 10-19-2016, 08:28 AM   #13
Ron S

I just told my son about the dodge ball thing. He laughed and said when he and his brother went to Youth Group at the church last night, they ended with a game of dodge ball, run by the youth pastor.

No kids traumatized, except for a few bruises...
Old 10-19-2016, 10:42 AM   #14
dr.ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron S View Post
I just told my son about the dodge ball thing. He laughed and said when he and his brother went to Youth Group at the church last night, they ended with a game of dodge ball, run by the youth pastor.

No kids traumatized, except for a few bruises...
Just remember: snowflakes melt with a little heat!😘😛. In my experience, NOT ALL are snowflakes.

OTOH: there are MANY tough resilient groups with many young people who "take a liken and come back for more!" Cases in point: snowboarders, skateboarders, mt bikers, bmx riders, white water paddlers, the mentioned "dodge ball" players, etc. 😀
dr.ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2016, 10:55 AM   #15
riplipper
Relax, a beer will help

Yeah, my son is in a youth group called "Young Life" and a couple of times a year I see him heading to church with the nastiest clothes on.....He just says its "food fight night".....no councelers or support groups needed.....