Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > United States Geographical Locations > Florida East Coast Spearfishing

Florida East Coast Spearfishing Let's talk here about spearing on Florida's Atlantic coast. Reports and other issues about this region belong here.

Old 05-14-2010, 11:03 AM   #1
waterwarrior

Jupiter 5-8 Report/Gun for sale

Freedove in 70 feet off Jupiter inlet and it was loaded with nice muttons. 50+ foot vis. Ended up getting a couple nice muttons and a hog.

Decided to head out to the deep ledge to see if we could get some pelagics. Started picking up a lot on the depth finder and jump in to see thousands of giant jack crevelles and a school of bonita. I was really hoping a blackfin would be mixed in so I can break my tuna cherry but nada. Bull sharks and sandbar sharks started coming up to suface with us so we decided it was time get out of the water. Ended up fishing and getting a nice cow, kingfish, and everything we hooked off the bottom got sharked. Also got a bonita sharked next to the boat which was sweet to watch

I was the Southwest Florida Open Freedive champ, and biggest cobia champ a couple weeks ago and won a 58" Ocean Rhino fully loaded. Its a sweet gun I would love to use as my scuba weapon but I need cash. I know there are a lot of scuba spearos on this thread so I though this would be a good place to sell. The guns an RX5-HY, has a shark spike on front, and a grip kill spike on the back. Selling for 500, Jupiter dive center has it for 650 something. Gun has tags on it and has never been wet. Im traveling from Jupiter through Keys this week so let me know if any of you are interested.
waterwarrior is offline   Reply With Quote