Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > United States Geographical Locations > Hawaiian Islands

Hawaiian Islands Aloha - Paradise exists for the shooters of the Hawaiian Islands

Old 08-23-2016, 08:22 PM   #1
CaptSport

Send a message via AIM to CaptSport
Coming to the Big Island

Hey guys,

I'm coming to the Big Island from September 2nd thru the 10th. I'm planning booking a Blue Water trip or two with Blue Water Hunters. I'm also looking for any advice from those of you that are local. I'm an experienced Spearfisher/FreeDiver/Scuba diver, I've Dove and Spearfished mostly off Southern California and North Carolina, really looking forward getting some Blue water hunting in, and shoot' n something bigger. So, if you know where I can rent a gun/gear I'd appreciate the help, and if you'd like to buddy up for a dive I'd be extremely grateful for the invite. Happy pay expenses etc. Can't wait explore your slice of heaven.

Thanks,

JR
CaptSport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2016, 01:01 PM   #2
CaptSport

Send a message via AIM to CaptSport
Re: Coming to the Big Island

Just a follow up post,

Had a great time last week, booked two trips with Blue Water Hunters. Rob is a great guy highly recommend his operation. Had a great time diving the FAD's, shot some Mahi. It's amazes me how blue and clear the water is in Hawaii. We even got a visit from a White Tip Shark about 8' in length, all he seemed to want to do is cuddle. Kept coming up to us, we'd poke him and send him on his way. He got distracted by some snorkelers, and, we got back to the business of shoot'n fish. Thanks for the memories Hawaii, can't wait to go back.

Cya,

JR
CaptSport is offline   Reply With Quote