Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > United States Geographical Locations > Florida Gulfcoast Spearfishing

Florida Gulfcoast Spearfishing Post here to discuss regional action or issues about spearing on Florida's Gulfcoast.

Old 09-05-2004, 09:00 AM   #16
WreckDiver
Memeber What?

Its blowin like hell over here right now, but it looks as though it is falling apart some.
WreckDiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2004, 09:06 AM   #17
fishkilla
Slayographer

Send a message via AIM to fishkilla
i was violently awaken from a deep sleep at 7:02 am this morning when the sound of our fake plastic storm shutter was ripped off the side of the house. the furry of francis is being felt here in seffner. i also found my two garbage cans thrown down to the ground with anabashed power.

the furry
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	shutter outside small.jpg
Views:	248
Size:	36.6 KB
ID:	11131  
Old 09-05-2004, 09:07 AM   #18
fishkilla
Slayographer

more furry
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	trash cans small.jpg
Views:	250
Size:	52.0 KB
ID:	11132  
Old 09-05-2004, 09:11 AM   #19
fishkilla
Slayographer

the only upside to this storm is it gets the big tabbys moving. normally these trophy felines are a very difficult game to hunt but i think this wind and rain will get them moving.

join me in seffner later this afternoon for a professionally guided big cat hunt. later this evening a feline fricace will be held.

mmmm.... lights are flickering i think this will be my last post for a while. will put post hunt pics up once we regain power
Old 09-05-2004, 09:30 AM   #20
Doc

Ben, I am so sorry to hear of your damage to your garbage cans. That is truly frieghtning and unfortunate. I wish you a speedy recovery
Doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2004, 09:37 AM   #21
fishkilla
Slayographer

as you can see i'm missing a lid. it might take some time to find out where it went.
Old 09-05-2004, 09:41 AM   #22
Steel Shootin'

OMG, the wrath of Mother Nature. A force so powerful as to knock over empty $10 K-Mart garbage cans!

BTW, it looks like your place could use some pressure cleaning. I know a guy if you need a recommendation. He's also pretty good with the camera, and can help you out with the pesky "finger over the lens" problem.
Steel Shootin' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2004, 09:47 AM   #23
fishkilla
Slayographer

it's like the old saying goes. the mechanic has the broken down car. the plumber has leaky faucets. i've never pressure washed or cleaned my windows since i've started renting in this house 3 years ago. maybe someday

the finger over the lense was due to the plastic shutter shearing winds that were about to blow me over
Old 09-05-2004, 09:53 AM   #24
Steel Shootin'

haha, so true. Just giving you a hard time. Good luck. I have a feeling I am about to lose power myself with the winds picking up.
Steel Shootin' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2004, 10:35 AM   #25
JimB

The Destin area has a beautiful blue sky and a light wind which sometimes is slightly gusty. That's OK, we will pay our dues tomorrow! I almost envy those of you that are on the "recovery" side of the storm.

Ivan will follow in a few days with the potential of a lot more impact to the Gulf area.
Old 09-05-2004, 10:54 AM   #26
Marcus
Naval gazer extraordinair

"i also found my two garbage cans thrown down to the ground with anabashed power."

OHHHH, where's the HUMANITY!!!

Nothing serious here in Palmetto, yet. A little lack of sleep due to wet trees slappin power lines and arcing causing a blue light strobe effect in my bedroom window all night long. It was kind of like some sort of rave party. I broke out the glow sticks and asked the wife if she wanted to get freaky deaky. She replied "In your dreams. Go back to sleep." Ah well. So I turned the black lights off, rolled up the visquine, put the vaseline away and stared at the glow sticks that I strapped to the ceiling fan. This mezmerized me into a sleep like state.. never did have that dream...
“If the natural tendencies of mankind are so bad that it is not safe to permit people to be free, how is it that the tendencies of these organizers are always good? Do not the legislators and their appointed agents also belong to the human race? Or do they believe that they themselves are made of a finer clay than the rest of mankind?”
― Frederic Bastiat, The Law
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2004, 11:09 AM   #27
SLAYER
sir-slay-alot

i am currently in naples ,but have talked to my brother here and there and he said the winds were 60-70 mph winds but i have not talked to him in 16 hours..it was really weird because i had some missed calls from a few of my freinds in my home town ,delray beach at like 3 in the mourning and like 5 in the mourning so hoppefully there ok.
Old 09-05-2004, 11:44 AM   #28
Spearchucker

Kind of boring here.. Gets windy, rains a little, repeat....

My garbage cans are safe and sound, but I did buy the good ones and not the crappy K-Mart ones
Spearchucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2004, 12:03 PM   #29
Red Tide

Some people have all of the luck............
Last night a friend convinced me to go to a little strip club up the road on 4th Street. Well you see........one thing led to another, and now I have two dancers sleeping upstairs in my bed.
It was fun playing that song "Riding the Storm Out" as the freak show was underway in the wee hours of the morning.
I thought it was my manhood that was making the house shake, but it was the 50mph gusts and the white caps crashing in my back yard.
I will keep you posted as the day unfolds. Right now I would pay $100 for a 3 hits of ibuprofin. I hope the taxis are running today, so I can get these skanks out of my house A.S.A.P.. With my luck their apartment will be wiped out during the storm and they will want to stay here for six months.
Old 09-05-2004, 12:07 PM   #30
Marcus
Naval gazer extraordinair

Nice day for bicycle ride. I think I'll put on my swim trunks, swim goggles, strap a cooler full of beer in the basket of my 3 wheeled bicycle and head down to the river front for a little 'spectating'.
“If the natural tendencies of mankind are so bad that it is not safe to permit people to be free, how is it that the tendencies of these organizers are always good? Do not the legislators and their appointed agents also belong to the human race? Or do they believe that they themselves are made of a finer clay than the rest of mankind?”
― Frederic Bastiat, The Law
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote