Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > The Spearboard Tavern > Off Topic Area

Off Topic Area Enjoy a virtual beer at the bar, and talk about anything else on your mind that may not pertain to spearfishing.

Old 07-19-2018, 09:47 PM   #1
aue-mike

Uss monitor - then and now

Video of July 2000 salvage activities on USS MONITOR, as well as footage from this past weekend.

https://youtu.be/-N6j6dGFoPo
aue-mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2018, 07:33 AM   #2
jfjf

Re: Uss monitor - then and now

Thanks for the video. Must be cool to be able to dive so many historical shipwrecks
jfjf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2018, 03:06 PM   #3
LionfishStabber

Nice that you caught a weather break. I'm up in the Banks now for vacation; wind's been howling out of the south since Friday and my dives on the Under Pressure this week were scrapped.

Did anybody try getting the line off that manta? I've seen a few videos and accounts of them letting divers cut gear off of them.
LionfishStabber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2018, 09:02 AM   #4
aue-mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by LionfishStabber View Post
Nice that you caught a weather break. I'm up in the Banks now for vacation; wind's been howling out of the south since Friday and my dives on the Under Pressure this week were scrapped.

Did anybody try getting the line off that manta? I've seen a few videos and accounts of them letting divers cut gear off of them.
The manta had a lot more than that when I first hit the bottom. I cut off several strands, including some that had big encrustations on him. He bugged out when the other divers showed up and I turned on my video lights...
aue-mike is offline   Reply With Quote