Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > The Spearboard Tavern > Off Topic Area

Off Topic Area Enjoy a virtual beer at the bar, and talk about anything else on your mind that may not pertain to spearfishing.

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 11 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 05-21-2019, 10:57 AM   #586
OBLIGATED

Re: Random Videos

When we were H&L fishing offshore and dolphins showed up I would leave.They would steal our live bait and at times our fish.Most time we got our rigs back minus the fish.Sometimes they took the rig with a stinger hook.
The thought of a dolphin with a treble hook in it didnt sit well with me.So we move.
I have had them take snook and redfish in the backcountry of the Everglades.Once they show up your fishing is done if you are in a canoe with a small outboard.They will follow you and blow every fish around to the next creek or bay.They seem to enjoy the company or just like to rub it in they own the water.
Old 05-21-2019, 11:14 AM   #587
OBLIGATED

https://youtu.be/-H7fdqrF0Ac

Nice little skiff for Backcountry of Everglades or Content Keys.Wont break the bank on cost or fuel and a small car can tow it.
I have speared and fished out of smaller boats so its capable of taking a few freedivers for fish or lobster on the cheap.
We used to spear the creeks by Elliot key out of a 14ft aluminum Starcraft with 15 hp.Fill a 72 Qt cooler with a few nice fish and then go flyfish for Tarpon by the cooling canal by Turkey Point to finish the day.Alabama Jacks was the last stop for a huge burger and some beer.
Today that still would not cost a lot to do with a small skiff.Maybe 30 bucks each in fuel and food?
Old 05-21-2019, 11:31 AM   #588
OBLIGATED

https://youtu.be/xfB6lsX9Brk

Everglades Challenge.These people know how to have fun.
Wife and both sons declined to try a small trip.Not a good idea to do it in summer.No see ums will have you insane by the time you come out.
Motor on my 17 ft canoe decided to leave me way out in the backcountry with outgoing tide and sun setting.DeepWoods OFF is booze to Everglades skeeters.Noseeums were relentless and the horse flies left bloody bites anywhere exposed.
Got some Snook,Black Drum and baby Tarpon on fly.Still a great day in the Glades despite the crappy motor issues.
Old 05-23-2019, 01:07 PM   #589
OBLIGATED

https://youtu.be/eXM6AzB4H9Q

Girls on bikes!
I love looking at cute girls but watching girls without gear on the road makes me cringe.Them boobies and nice little cheeks will be hamburger on asphalt.Wear your gear.
Old 05-25-2019, 01:20 PM   #590
techwiz44

https://twitter.com/i/status/1132335126451544067

Protecting the US borders is LAWFULL- not racist.
Fabricating lies and passing it off as news is dishonest and corrupt and not worthy of protection.
techwiz44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2019, 02:19 PM   #591
Marcus
Naval gazer extraordinair

Quote:
Originally Posted by techwiz44 View Post
Definitely, LOL. Thanks.
“If the natural tendencies of mankind are so bad that it is not safe to permit people to be free, how is it that the tendencies of these organizers are always good? Do not the legislators and their appointed agents also belong to the human race? Or do they believe that they themselves are made of a finer clay than the rest of mankind?”
― Frederic Bastiat, The Law
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2019, 10:32 AM   #592
techwiz44

Fabricating lies and passing it off as news is dishonest and corrupt and not worthy of protection.
Old 05-26-2019, 02:52 PM   #593
OBLIGATED

https://youtu.be/DQg6dJcGuqA

Bike Week 2019

A little of everything
Old 06-04-2019, 12:31 AM   #594
techwiz44

Old 06-04-2019, 01:12 PM   #595
OBLIGATED

https://youtu.be/-ThvYvglmtU

Not my favorite sailboat choice but if it gets the wife to play along .....
Old 06-08-2019, 04:45 PM   #596
OBLIGATED

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ofq_nl366VM

Freestyle canoe contest.

Sadly kids today dont want to learn paddle craft or sailing skills.
Old 06-09-2019, 01:27 PM   #597
Marcus

Quote:
Originally Posted by OBLIGATED View Post
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ofq_nl366VM

Freestyle canoe contest.

Sadly kids today dont want to learn paddle craft or sailing skills.
This guy.
“If the natural tendencies of mankind are so bad that it is not safe to permit people to be free, how is it that the tendencies of these organizers are always good? Do not the legislators and their appointed agents also belong to the human race? Or do they believe that they themselves are made of a finer clay than the rest of mankind?”
Old 06-09-2019, 01:48 PM   #598
OBLIGATED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
This guy.
The music sucked but the guy has skill.
I have owned several types of canoes and used them trolling along the beach off coward county,fishing most of Biscayne bay,Everglades,keys,Peace River and the rivers here in the mountains for nothing but the cost of the fuel and food to get to my launch site.
When I first got married my "boat"was a 15 ft Mohawk square stern canoe with a 41/2 hp johnson I put on top my Jeep.From Jupiter to Marathon that canoe was motored or paddled for Lobster,Stone Crab,Blue Crab,Spearfishing(freedive)and fishing for Snook and Tarpon on a very tight budget.
My little Old Town can be paddled while standing and we do about a 5ft waterfall without getting a quart of water in the boat.I got the boat used ONCE by an inexperienced couple that ran Toccoa River after some rain.They ran under some fallen trees and rolled the canoe and got tore up.Canoe had no marks and still had the Royalex sticker on her
For someone on a budget a canoe can get you near nature and fill the cooler.
Old 06-09-2019, 02:39 PM   #599
Marcus

Quote:
Originally Posted by OBLIGATED View Post
The music sucked but the guy has skill.
I have owned several types of canoes and used them trolling along the beach off coward county,fishing most of Biscayne bay,Everglades,keys,Peace River and the rivers here in the mountains for nothing but the cost of the fuel and food to get to my launch site.
When I first got married my "boat"was a 15 ft Mohawk square stern canoe with a 41/2 hp johnson I put on top my Jeep.From Jupiter to Marathon that canoe was motored or paddled for Lobster,Stone Crab,Blue Crab,Spearfishing(freedive)and fishing for Snook and Tarpon on a very tight budget.
My little Old Town can be paddled while standing and we do about a 5ft waterfall without getting a quart of water in the boat.I got the boat used ONCE by an inexperienced couple that ran Toccoa River after some rain.They ran under some fallen trees and rolled the canoe and got tore up.Canoe had no marks and still had the Royalex sticker on her
For someone on a budget a canoe can get you near nature and fill the cooler.

My wife said she loved the music. We're no strangers to canoes, they are often fun vehicles of jocular behavior...and can be very effective in fishing.

Last edited by Marcus; 06-09-2019 at 02:48 PM.
Old 06-16-2019, 02:53 AM   #600
techwiz44