Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > United States Geographical Locations > California Spearfishing

California Spearfishing Talk here about spearfishing on California's Pacific Coast, and post those reports and photos!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-04-2019, 10:10 PM   #1
Bob Ballew

18' Parker console/CraigsList/Boats-$16,000

A good price if the motor checks out...In Newport Beach...am not a fan of cutout transoms but, for local and occasional dive runs to Catalina, it would be adequate...just listed..walk away if sale involves debit cards, shady cash exchange like bit coins, money orders etc....lots of scammers out there with fake paperwork...
...When selling or buying, I like to go straight to the other parties' bank for the paperwork/money exchange so I can check their identity via the manager, confirming they have a legit account...much harder to pull a scam that way..... like finding a good wife, you have to look before you leap....even better, is if the boat is in their driveway and the good wife is smiling happily, as he sells another expensive playtoy….
...When I purchased my 25' Parker off Craigslist, I had the seller bring the boat to my credit union and sign off the registration via the clerk who did my boat loan, gave him a cashiers check issued by the clerk and then, hooked the boat up to my truck and away I went..clean deal with both sides covered...

Last edited by Bob Ballew; 09-06-2019 at 11:09 PM.
Bob Ballew is offline   Reply With Quote