Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > United States Geographical Locations > California Spearfishing

California Spearfishing Talk here about spearfishing on California's Pacific Coast, and post those reports and photos!

Old 06-22-2020, 01:38 PM   #1
makemwearit
Desert Fish in da Pacific

San Diego - Spearo looking for experienced local dive buddies

Hey all,

Newly relocated to San Diego from NorCal and looking to add a few dive buddies in the area. Not looking for anyone's spots - however I would like to know areas to avoid (other than MPAs is a given) or worth exploring. I shore dive, kayak dive, and occasionally my buddy brings his boat out to hit the islands or paddy hop & bluewater hunt. FII Level 1 certified and I'm comfortable hunting in the 40-60ft range with my PB depth being around 80 ft. as I'm working towards my Level 2 / 40m target. Like to practice safe buddy diving practices and always happy to pitch in for gas, ice, & beer etc, Geared up for hunting everything from rockfish & scallops/abalone(rip) in NorCal to wsb, yt, tuna, & other bluewater species in SoCal/Mexico. At the present my schedule is fairly open. Tentatively we're taking out the boat this upcoming weekend around 6/26 depending on conditions

Anyone wanna dive soon drop me a line for contact info.

Cheers,
Jeff
Old 06-22-2020, 02:19 PM   #2
Narced_up

Re: San Diego - Spearo looking for experienced local dive buddies

Although I don’t know any spots in San Diego, I definitely would love to expand my diving areas, I’ve never dove San Diego and I would def love to tag along with you San Diego guys/gals.

I still consider myself a beginner, I’ve been diving 2 years, usually once or twice a week. I mainly shore dive with my bud.

I live in the San Fernando Valley but can def make my way down to SD on weekends for some diving. Shore , boat, whatever (I’m always happy to pitch in on Gas/ice/beer)
Narced_up is offline   Reply With Quote