Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > United States Geographical Locations > Florida East Coast Spearfishing

Florida East Coast Spearfishing Let's talk here about spearing on Florida's Atlantic coast. Reports and other issues about this region belong here.

Old 06-10-2014, 10:22 AM   #1
TheGreaterFool

Upcoming bimini trip June 20-23rd

Thought I would put this out there... I've never been over to bimini, and just booked my flight for the weekend of the 20th-23rd. Staying at bimini sands. Looking for some extra room on a boat to go kill fish.

I'd really like to get some good diving in and kill a big hog or two over there...and whatever else is within reach. I've been thinking about the best way to do this...whether to rent a boat, look into a charter, or hope that I can find a local who doesn't charge me a mainlander's rate to go out for a few hours..

It will just be my wife and I..and I have been able to get her to shoot anything yet because she's still a little freaked out about sharks. So I was wondering if anyone is heading over that same weekend..if you are looking for or have room for an extra spearo on the boat for an afternoon I'd be more than happy and appreciative. Drinks on land, gas money, whatever needed! I need to kill some fish over there!

I'm comfortable diving 40-50ft around here... I'm trying to decide on a sling or pole spear for over there.. Probably going to be a sling since we're flying..

Anyone have a good recommendation on a good pole spear or sling? The guerilla sling may just be the go to for me..although I don't know if they're still out of stock..

So yea...a few questions..

any room on a boat for a quick outing would be totally awesome..

anyone knowing where i can rent a boat cheap..your input is appreciated..

charters...

and anything I can entertain the wife doing that doesn't have her in fear for her life... besides sitting on the beach (I have ADD hear...in Bimini I'm sure I'll need to be heavily sedated to stay out of the water...)
TheGreaterFool is offline   Reply With Quote