Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > United States Geographical Locations > Louisiana Council of Underwater Diving Clubs

Louisiana Council of Underwater Diving Clubs Information that relates to the LCUDC is posted here for discussion.

Old 06-17-2006, 06:54 AM   #1
Louis Rossignol
HELL DIVERS

Golden Meadow - Fourchon International Tarpon Rodeo

This is what I've got for the rules. They weren't correct on the website and Me and Jason Getreau had to do some prodding to get the correct ones.

2006 Rules & Regulations

SCUBA DIVING
Note: The following rules & regulations also apply to the Scuba Diving Division in addition to those previously listed.

1. Diving is limited to Louisiana and the Gulf of Mexico.
2. All fish must be speared by the diver while submerged and must be brought to the boat by the diver who speared it. Fish first caught by means other than a spear gun are not eligible.
3. All fish are subject to autopsy. Any attempt to defraud or cheat in the rodeo disqualifies the offender and his entries.
4. All types of spear guns are allowed except those with free spears or powered by explosive means. A line either to the gun or to the diver will attach all spears. No power heads allowed to be used at any time during the rodeo.
5. All spear guns will be loaded and unloaded in the water.
6. Any infraction will result in immediate disqualification of all fish entered by the offender.
7. No ties considered. All entries must exceed the weigh of the earlier fish of that category.
8. A King Spearfish Trophy will be awarded to the diver with the most points earned in the rodeo by winning the first, second, and third places in the spear fishing competition. In the event of a tie, the tie will be broken by the totaling of the aggregate weight of all the winning fish of each of the divers concerned. The greater number of points breaks the tie.

Point System: First place 3 points, second place 2 points, and third place 1 point.
9. A Team Trophy will be awarded to the diving club with the most points accumulated in the rodeo according to the above system.
10. All entrants must have a Louisiana fishing license.
All fish in the Scuba Division must be weighed by 5:00 pm on the last day of the rodeo. NO EXCEPTIONS.
11. ALL DECISIONS OF THE WEIGH-MASTER ARE FINAL AND ARE NOT TO BE TAKEN UP WITH OFFICIALS OF THE RODEO.

ELIGIBLE FISH (Scuba Diving)
Amberjack
Cobia
Jackfish
Red Snapper

Barracuda
Grouper
Spadefish
Sheepshead

Triggerfish
Mangrove Snapper
Miscellaneous

http://www.gmfourchontarponrodeo.com/tickets.htm

DISCLAIMER: "My spearfishing is entirely legal in the geographic area within which I dive. If you don't like my pictures, posts or website then don't look. I will NOT waste any more bandwidth on this board (or my valuable drinking time) to argue with you ass clowns about it".

http://www.TheRokZone.com/

http://www.HellDivers.org/
Louis Rossignol is offline   Reply With Quote