Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > United States Geographical Locations > California Spearfishing > California Fisheries Regulations and Science (MLPA & MPA)

California Fisheries Regulations and Science (MLPA & MPA) Here is a dedicated forum for the extremely important MLPA & MPA process

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 02-09-2012, 08:33 PM   #1
FIT4FISH

New DFG Comm President

Our Friend Dan Richards now Leads the Commission, even against others attempts to foil the game. It seems there just might be some justice after all ! ......http://www.wonews.com/Blog.aspx?ID=1...D=96087&t=Muck and Grime
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DFG Commissioner Richards - President.jpg
Views:	621
Size:	63.8 KB
ID:	167653  
FIT4FISH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 08:51 PM   #2
low_blow
no cerveza, no trabajo!

Re: New DFG Comm President

More good news!
low_blow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 09:56 PM   #3
CaptainLeo

If that guy is killing cats, you know he has our back. That's some good news.
Old 02-09-2012, 11:53 PM   #4
rojodiablo
My spawn kills on....

Oh - my - Gawd!!!!!
Old 02-10-2012, 03:14 PM   #5
2859Tim

Very good news for DFG , for once !!
2859Tim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 09:41 PM   #6
maidendeth13
SLO Cal

Nice! Sick picture too

My Gun Build
maidendeth13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 12:02 PM   #7
TaxCollector

I once again find myself at odds with some good folks on this board. A benevolent king, is still a king. Today we have, apparently, someone who is a sportsman and will "have our back". Next week the calender changes, the role is switched, and we have a not so benevolent king.

My point is; the DFG Com should be barely relevant to the longterm viability of our states fish and wildlife. They are stewards only. They shouldn't be casting votes based on personal opinions, either for us or against us. They should be setting policies based on scientific facts provided by DFG staff and others w/input from the 'shareholders' and the law...period.
Bias has no place in such a body. It is a double edged sword. My hope is this new president will recognize this simple fact and begin the dismantling of the omnibus power of the commission. However, if history holds true, power is a very hard thing to walk away from.

www.woundedwarriorproject.org

Last edited by TaxCollector; 02-11-2012 at 03:27 PM.
TaxCollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 09:39 AM   #8
Joshua R.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaxCollector View Post
I once again find myself at odds with some good folks on this board. A benevolent king, is still a king. Today we have, apparently, someone who is a sportsman and will "have our back". Next week the calender changes, the role is switched, and we have a not so benevolent king.

My point is; the DFG Com should be barely relevant to the longterm viability of our states fish and wildlife. They are stewards only. They shouldn't be casting votes based on personal opinions, either for us or against us. They should be setting policies based on scientific facts provided by DFG staff and others w/input from the 'shareholders' and the law...period.
Bias has no place in such a body. It is a double edged sword. My hope is this new president will recognize this simple fact and begin the dismantling of the omnibus power of the commission. However, if history holds true, power is a very hard thing to walk away from.
I have been very impressed with Richards demeanor as a commisioner so far and am hopefull for his term as president. That being said I'm sure someone is about to say how ludicrous that is and point out several facts I am unaware of to ask if I am also a communist.
Joshua R. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 11:17 PM   #9
Noyo Jim
RFA

Hey Josh are you a communist?

Dan Richards is a good man. As President, he still just gets one vote. However, as President he basically sets the agenda for each meeting. In the past, Richard Rogers would not let us have any extra time to give a presentation from SCAN on abalone diving regs, MLPA, etc. Richards is the kind of guy who will go out of his way to help hunters and fishermen.
www.JoinRFA.org

Register for the Tenth Annual Randy Fry Dive Tourney at Albion on Oct. 12th:
www./randyfry2013.eventbrite.com
Noyo Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 10:53 AM   #10
marksman
amateur fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noyo Jim View Post
Hey Josh are you a communist?

Dan Richards is a good man. As President, he still just gets one vote. However, as President he basically sets the agenda for each meeting. In the past, Richard Rogers would not let us have any extra time to give a presentation from SCAN on abalone diving regs, MLPA, etc. Richards is the kind of guy who will go out of his way to help hunters and fishermen.
Well said Jim. That commission agenda is very important as you pointed out and I am pretty sure both you, Josh, commissioner Richards and I are not communist either
marksman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 12:05 PM   #11
kodidiver

Did anyone see this? Richards is getting slammed by the tree huggers for shooting a mountain lion.
w.mercurynews.com/science/ci_19992359?source=most_viewed
Old 02-18-2012, 12:26 PM   #12
FIT4FISH

Quote:
Originally Posted by kodidiver View Post
Did anyone see this? Richards is getting slammed by the tree huggers for shooting a mountain lion.
w.mercurynews.com/science/ci_19992359?source=most_viewed
Thanks, here is the correct link........http://www.mercurynews.com/science/ci_19992359 ......... Consider the source!!! The Humane Society and Mr Mike Sutton and his cronie Jack Baylis who, I guarantee, are behind this propaganda!! . Its amazing how the dirty politics and in-fighting on the commision have taken priority over managing our resources ,something, I believe Richards is opposed to. If anyone is willing to step up and say Enough is Enough, it's Richards....... Time to counter with support of Richards!
FIT4FISH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 08:56 PM   #13
Noyo Jim
RFA

In that San Jose Mercury article, the guy quoted as saying he wanted to remove Dan Richards from the F&G Commission is running for Congress in the north coast district - Jared Huffman. He used to work for the NRDC. Sounds like he still works for them!
www.JoinRFA.org

Register for the Tenth Annual Randy Fry Dive Tourney at Albion on Oct. 12th:
www./randyfry2013.eventbrite.com
Noyo Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 09:12 PM   #14
marksman
amateur fish

Oh yes that's dead on there Jim for was it not Huffman's bill that envisions a strategic vision for the DFG and the Commission, oh yes it's true alright.
marksman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 10:06 PM   #15
campione

keepamericafishing.org urges sending a form letter to your assemblymen defending Richards.
http://keepamericafishing.salsalabs....ction_KEY=4066
campione is offline   Reply With Quote