Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > United States Geographical Locations > Florida Gulfcoast Spearfishing

Florida Gulfcoast Spearfishing Post here to discuss regional action or issues about spearing on Florida's Gulfcoast.

Old 04-24-2012, 11:41 AM   #1
Swampdiver

Panhandle Drifting

Most of my hunting is on the Atlantic side. I bring my family together every June for a reunion on St George Island. Can you suggest any decent spearfishing spots within 30-40 miles besides Mica wreck and Appalach reef? Would be greatly appreciated.
Swampdiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 05:46 PM   #2
KayakMacGyver

Re: Panhandle Drifting

I highly suggest one of the Airforce towers. It's the closest you'll come to diving a rig without driving to AL or LA. They are great dives which always hold a lot of fish. Each of them is 'anchored' by a very large barge which is suitable for 2-6 divers at a time. O will be the closest to you, followed by C. If you want to get a real good ways out there, S tower is another option. O is in appx 80' fsw. C is (and it's been a while so I'm not 100% ..but still pretty positive) in about 120' fsw. There is a good dive right by S tower called the Exxon Template. Franklin County Reef is another good option. Located about 8 miles off St. George Island. There are also plenty of other public #'s nearby each of these places. Pick up a top spot map, or go to a local tackle shop/dive shop and buy something. Most of the time they will have no problem hooking you up.