Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > United States Geographical Locations > Florida Gulfcoast Spearfishing

Florida Gulfcoast Spearfishing Post here to discuss regional action or issues about spearing on Florida's Gulfcoast.

Old 10-06-2019, 01:28 PM   #1
Diverboy067

Diver(s) needed on regular basis

I have a spot (sometimes two) to fill for regular trips on my boat. Looking for someone that is an experienced shooter, shows up on time, doesn't cancel last minute with BS excuses, knows how to be a team player, has their own gear in good working order, dives Nitrox and is comfortable doing solo dives. I generally do 1-3 trips a month and can give you a schedule at the beginning of the month with the days we plan to dive. I live in the vicinity of the Bellaire boat ramp and generally have a 7am arrival time, leaving my dock by 7:30, unless we are doing a Middle Grounds trip or something like that and may move it up to a 6am arrival time.

Everyone on the boat is treated as an equal and expected to help each other out during the day and upon arrival back to the dock. I do not run a charter boat and don't expect to be treated like one. My current boat is a 26' center console Glacier Bay cat with new Mercury 150 Four Strokes set up for diving with 14 tank holders, gun rack, dive bench, nice dive ladder, Epirb, Type 1 life preservers and all the other necessary safety equipment.

We go out to have fun and shoot fish, but also keep safety and regulations in mind. I know that occasionally a 13.5" hogfish or 23" grouper will be shot, but it doesn't go in the box. I prefer the type of person that would rather pass on shooting a fish that is questionable rather than shoot everything they see and then sort out the legal ones once they get back to the boat.

Not really looking for someone to fill a spot and never see them again, looking more for one or two people that can become a regular part of the crew for future trips.

At this time, trips planned for October will be Saturday, Oct 12th and 26th.
Diverboy067 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2019, 11:25 AM   #2
Eibwen

Re: Diver(s) needed on regular basis

PM sent
Eibwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2019, 11:08 PM   #3
FLmedic89

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diverboy067 View Post
I have a spot (sometimes two) to fill for regular trips on my boat. Looking for someone that is an experienced shooter, shows up on time, doesn't cancel last minute with BS excuses, knows how to be a team player, has their own gear in good working order, dives Nitrox and is comfortable doing solo dives. I generally do 1-3 trips a month and can give you a schedule at the beginning of the month with the days we plan to dive. I live in the vicinity of the Bellaire boat ramp and generally have a 7am arrival time, leaving my dock by 7:30, unless we are doing a Middle Grounds trip or something like that and may move it up to a 6am arrival time.

Everyone on the boat is treated as an equal and expected to help each other out during the day and upon arrival back to the dock. I do not run a charter boat and don't expect to be treated like one. My current boat is a 26' center console Glacier Bay cat with new Mercury 150 Four Strokes set up for diving with 14 tank holders, gun rack, dive bench, nice dive ladder, Epirb, Type 1 life preservers and all the other necessary safety equipment.

We go out to have fun and shoot fish, but also keep safety and regulations in mind. I know that occasionally a 13.5" hogfish or 23" grouper will be shot, but it doesn't go in the box. I prefer the type of person that would rather pass on shooting a fish that is questionable rather than shoot everything they see and then sort out the legal ones once they get back to the boat.

Not really looking for someone to fill a spot and never see them again, looking more for one or two people that can become a regular part of the crew for future trips.

At this time, trips planned for October will be Saturday, Oct 12th and 26th.

Hey man hitting the MG any time soon? Let me know if you’re looking for an extra diver
FLmedic89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2019, 07:34 AM   #4
fishkilla
Slayographer

Send a message via AIM to fishkilla

this place is a great resource to find competent shooters. a good and bad reputation spreads in this community very quickly.
Old 11-25-2019, 11:38 AM   #5
grey2112

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishkilla View Post
this place is a great resource to find competent shooters. a good and bad reputation spreads in this community very quickly.
Ain't THAT the truth - LOL
grey2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2019, 01:12 PM   #6
carrasco

Quote:
Originally Posted by grey2112 View Post
Ain't THAT the truth - LOL
I agree,
The California section has plummeted drastically. Most everyone that used to post regularly has stopped posting. It seams that even visitors to the site have dropped.
The only section that is still pretty commonly visited is the “Member Items” section.

No sea menso mijo, no sea menso!!!!!
carrasco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2019, 08:41 PM   #7
100days-a-year
Seafood Sifu

A lot of people are on social media where it is easy to unfollow or block completely and coneheads.
Many forums are dieing. Younger folks want an integrated online experience.
100days-a-year is offline   Reply With Quote