Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > General Topics (Non-regional) > General Spearfishing & Diving Discussion

General Spearfishing & Diving Discussion This is where you post to discuss general spearfishing topics that could apply to any region.

Old 07-26-2019, 11:12 AM   #1
TheKeeneroo

Question Seeking Spearo Competition Advice

Seeking advice: We are just about ready to put the public word out that we're doing an Spearfishing Catch and Cook Competition in early November 2019. The goal is to promote marine mindfulness and sustainable hunting practices for our Northern California fisheries and the vehicle will be the competition. We already have a fair amount of traction and I was recently interviewed about it on the Noob Spearo Podcast (Episode 101) and it was then added to the international blog at spearfishing.com.au (to be released soon). All proceeds are going to a conservation based nonprofit (SOS - saveourshores.org) that is organizing a beach clean up the day of the event too. We have received a lot of interest in this event and I'd like to use the momentum to really push our agenda, which is to promote, educate and encourage sustainable fishing practices.

So here is the question: What can I do, outside of a press release and local media, to help put the word out (not for more competitors, but for a larger platform to market our message and perhaps pick up a couple sponsors/donors along the way). PM me for more info on the specifics but it will be family friendly, with a Gyotaku presentation, beach clean up, raffle, prizes (for CnC and for Beach Clean up) and professional chef judges of the cooking portion of the competition.

I'd value your thoughts, advice and input.

TheKeeneroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2019, 02:11 PM   #2
Rinaldo
Extreme Freediver

Send a message via AIM to Rinaldo
Re: Seeking Spearo Competition Advice

Invite the clubs. Get sponsors to throw in prizes.
Rinaldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2019, 06:02 PM   #3
TheKeeneroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rinaldo View Post
Invite the clubs. Get sponsors to throw in prizes.
That's definitely part of the plan, I was thinking more along the lines of media, watermen businesses, non profits, etc.
Old 08-26-2019, 01:43 PM   #4
TheKeeneroo