Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > Spearfishing Gear > All Other Gear

All Other Gear Tanks, BCDs, Regs, Fins, Stringers, and all other gear we use in Spearfishing.

Old 06-24-2018, 03:02 PM   #1
Dawg

Big Fins? Size 15??

New to the forum here but I am trying to find some big sized closed heel fins, for mens shoe size 15, not sure if anyone else here wears big fins, the only company I found so far is mako with the 15 option, anyone know any other closed heel fins for that size?
Dawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2018, 04:17 PM   #2
Alashaman
PB 66Lbs WSB

Re: Big Fins? Size 15??

Mako foot pockets are great, buy with confidence. I wear a size 14 and use those pockets with 5mm Argos booties. They work great
Alashaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2018, 04:58 PM   #3
Dawg

Appreaciate the reply, I planned on getting the low cut socks with them they sell, I just didnt know if there was another or better brand to go with for scuba, since many consider mako a freedive company.
Old 06-24-2018, 06:35 PM   #4
parker

My shoe size is 16, medium width, and I have flatfeet if that matters. I usually wear 2mm or 3mm socks.
My favorite fitting footpockets are Pathos size 48-50. (For best fit, custom mold them with a blow dryer. It’s easy to do. Check YouTube.)
My second favorite are a tossup between Omer Stingray size 47-48, and Mares Razor size 47-48.
I’ve also tried Mako and Buechat footpockets, but they did not fit my feet near as nicely as the others mentioned.
BTW, I have an extra pair of barely used Moana Hybrid softs mounted in Pathos size 48-50 pockets that I can ship to you for $390. Please let me know if you’re interested. Thanks!
parker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2018, 06:38 PM   #5
parker

Ooops, I just realized you’re looking for a scuba fins. One suggestion is to try the Makos with plastic blades, and cut the blades to whatever length you like.
Old 06-24-2018, 06:44 PM   #6
Dawg

Appreaciate the insight on that, I will check them out. Not really looking to spend that much on scuba fins right now. Thanks for the offer
Old 06-25-2018, 12:26 AM   #7
parker

Hey, Dawg, check the customer reviews for these...
https://www.amazon.com/Deep-Blue-Gea...ins&th=1&psc=1
Old 06-25-2018, 02:40 AM   #8
Dawg

I will probably just call mako today and order the comp 2 fins, they look pretty sweet and they have good reviews on comfort.
Omer had my size at divers direct but they look to be the same fins for 3 times the price.
I got nothing to lose by trying mako for their prices, I just wanted to see what most other guys are doing.
I have a pair of Hollis lt1 now that have spring heel short like the ones you posted, but my foot is not solid in them and I notice foot fatigue. Thanks
Old 06-25-2018, 04:26 AM   #9
parker

In case whatever fullfoot fins you decide on are less than ideal fit, perhaps fin keepers will help you. Mako and others sell them.
Old 06-25-2018, 04:36 AM   #10
Dawg

10 4 thanks again for the help