Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > Tournament and Event Archives > 2013 Tournament and Event Archives > 2013 The Blue Wild Expo - February 23-24, 2013

2013 The Blue Wild Expo - February 23-24, 2013 This is a world-class spearfishing, diving and water sports event with 1,000s of participants at the Ft. Lauderdale Convention Center.

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 10-03-2012, 10:23 PM   #16
apexdiver
Tony

Re: Announcing "The Blue Wild" -- Feb 23 and 24, 2013!!!

wish i could make it.
apexdiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 08:00 AM   #17
Wile E. Coyote

.....y'all keep coming back!

Thanks for the update Ellie May
Wile E. Coyote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 04:52 PM   #18
danyar
got gills?

Looking forward to meeting all you guys.
Old 10-15-2012, 10:31 AM   #19
xric

Quote:
Originally Posted by LunkerBuster View Post

(snip!) ...let us know as soon as you start gathering volunteers
Yes, I'd be interested in volunteering, as well.

Regards

Eric
xric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 12:01 PM   #20
wlazz

is there a maximum amount of tickets to be bought for the raffle Sheri or whats the deal! amazing prizes this year
wlazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 12:21 PM   #21
Wile E. Coyote

Quote:
Originally Posted by wlazz View Post
is there a maximum amount of tickets to be bought for the raffle Sheri or whats the deal! amazing prizes this year
I'm sure Sheri will respond, but I don't believe there is a maximum. The more tickets sold the better...the money goes to charity. However, if you start winning too many prizes, people will start booing.
Lol. It's happened before.

Where did you see this years raffle prizes?
Old 10-15-2012, 12:40 PM   #22
Sheri
So Little Time

Wiley is right...no maximum on raffle tickets. The list on the website is last year's list of raffle prizes (as marked on top), but it's lining up to be even bigger for next time. We've got 3 very special Wong spearguns, several wetsuits, a few pairs of DiveR fins, Flanigan's gift certificates, GoPro cameras, marine art, and lots more. Even Wiley is building one of his famous spearguns that everyone was raving about.

We try to do bigger and better every year. We will post the new list soon. I think the odds and value of this raffle are very good. It sure gets the crowd going in the room! It's almost scary.
Sheri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 07:51 AM   #23
Wile E. Coyote

Smile Re: Announcing "The Blue Wild" -- Feb 23 and 24, 2013!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheri View Post
Even Wiley is building one of his famous spearguns that everyone was raving about.

We try to do bigger and better every year. We will post the new list soon. I think the odds and value of this raffle are very good. It sure gets the crowd going in the room! It's almost scary.
Thanks Sheri, I'm taking that as a compliment! Lol
"famous" you're funny.
Like I said before....an extra speargun adds a little bulk to the raffle table.

I didn't see the raffle last year, but the one a few years back...when it was over by Bass Proshops was funny...and a little scary. The same guy started winning prize after prize...multiple guns, fins, BC's, fully paid for vacation, sports car...the crow started booing...it almost became ugly. Lol
The first time I saw someone apologize for winning a prize!!!
Old 10-16-2012, 09:39 AM   #24
Powers
Dad

I love the Blue Wild raffle.
Powers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 12:40 PM   #25
Hank49

I'm planning on attending. It'll be great to meet some of the people I've read so much about. What is a good hotel to stay in?
Hank49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 01:14 PM   #26
Sheri
So Little Time

We have a special group rate at two nearby hotels for The Blue Wild. Here is the website page with all the links to make reservations at the reduced rate. http://thebluewild.com/hotel.htm

One is the Renaissance across the street from the Convention Center which is very nice and very convenient (you can easily walk across, so no driving).

The other is the Courtyard Marriott which is 2 miles from the Convention Center and right on the beach. It's in the heart of the action of the famous Ft. Lauderdale strip where all the bars and restaurants are. If you're a party animal, I would stay here.

I think both hotels can accommodate up to 4 people per room if you want to save money and don't mind snoring roommates.

I would book pretty soon if you want one of these options, because it's their high season in February, and they only blocked a certain number of rooms for us.
Old 10-16-2012, 01:39 PM   #27
Wile E. Coyote

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powers View Post
I believe we took the same PFI course in Ft Lauderdale a couple years ago...you were telling the story about the boat running into the bridge...I saw the Hawaiin sling you made for Sheri....looked great! A work of art.

Rob
Old 10-16-2012, 01:43 PM   #28
Sheri
So Little Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powers View Post
And The Blue Wild raffle loves you!

Will donated the most beautiful slings I've ever seen. I would not want to get them wet. They were made of very exotic wood and are beautiful just to look at. I never cease to be amazed at the talent of many spearos. I am guessing most have that type personality....go-getter, hands-on, do-it-yourself, whatever-it-takes kind of guys. That's why so many of them build guns and racks and tweak their boats all the time. That's my theory anyway, and I'm sticking to it. And I do love and respect handy type guys!

I also appreciate the generosity that many like Wiley and Bill have shown. I started the Expo in 2006 as a fund-raiser for my brothers school for developmentally disabled adults. I was the Board President and the school was in financial trouble at the time. I gave 100% of the proceeds for four years which got them out of the red...yay. FYI...this year, a portion will also go to Wounded Warriors and IUSA.

So a big thanks to raffle donors and raffle ticket buyers!
Old 10-16-2012, 07:58 PM   #29
Wile E. Coyote

"And I do love and respect handy type guys! "

Red Green is right...."If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy" lol

Since going to the first Blue Wild I have been amazed at how you put it all together....booking the building, speakers, vendors, raffles, coordinating deals for hotels, posting directions, website, workshops, t-shirts, arranging lunches, readily available brown pops, on and on.

I still like the old site better, but I guess it's out grown that site & could get noisy for the speakers...was nice having Bass Proshops & Divers Direct next door.

At my first Blue Wild I remember running back and forth between speakers & vendors....tossing raffle tickets in the containers everytime I passed the tables... ..everyone was having fun & there was a ton of excitement ...
I remember stopping for a second ...looked around & thought.... how did she ever pull this off...the next thought was ....I hope it happens every year!!!

Thank you Sheri!
I hope keep the Blue Wild going for a long time.
Old 10-16-2012, 09:06 PM   #30
LunkerBuster
Hungry Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank49 View Post
I'm planning on attending. It'll be great to meet some of the people I've read so much about. What is a good hotel to stay in?
I am stoked to hear you are coming brother. Can't wait to have a few drinks with ya. You gonna have any time here or just the weekend?
LunkerBuster is offline   Reply With Quote