Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > Spearfishing Gear > All About Guns

All About Guns What's your weapon of choice, and why? Discuss the beloved speargun here!

Old 08-26-2018, 07:13 PM   #1
Skewt

Advice on where to buy carbon barrels

Hey guys, looking to place a bulk order to get some carbon barrels from china. Does anyone know of any trusted places to get them? Tried going through alibaba but once it came time to order it I had no idea how to place the order, super confusing.

Thanks Scott
Skewt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2018, 07:45 AM   #2
baitball

Re: Advice on where to buy carbon barrels

I'm right there with you man. I've tried getting in touch with juli carbon fiber multiple times to get a bulk order of cuttlefish barrels with no luck. If you can figure it out let me know. I want to bulk order some. As far as regular carbon barrels Nautilus has them for the most reasonable price in the u.s that I have found. And they are really nice barrels. I literally just opened up spearboard to post a thread on the same topic and you beat me to it
baitball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2018, 10:09 AM   #3
HurricaneBK

I've ordered through Alibaba you have to contact them through Alibaba then they'll send you their PayPal address to place the order. Nautilus is almost the same price if you're just buying a single barrel.

I'd be interested in buying a couple more barrels so if anyone wants to do a bulk order through Alibaba I can contact them again and we can place it. You're both in South Florida like myself so local pickup would work.

As an aside, the barrel I got through Alibaba was very nice and appears to be identical to the ones used by many manufacturers. I was kind of taking a gamble with Alibaba when I initially ordered but if I'd known what I was getting beforehand I definitely would have ordered several at the time.
HurricaneBK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2018, 03:45 PM   #4
Skewt

Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneBK View Post
I've ordered through Alibaba you have to contact them through Alibaba then they'll send you their PayPal address to place the order. Nautilus is almost the same price if you're just buying a single barrel.

I'd be interested in buying a couple more barrels so if anyone wants to do a bulk order through Alibaba I can contact them again and we can place it. You're both in South Florida like myself so local pickup would work.

As an aside, the barrel I got through Alibaba was very nice and appears to be identical to the ones used by many manufacturers. I was kind of taking a gamble with Alibaba when I initially ordered but if I'd known what I was getting beforehand I definitely would have ordered several at the time.
Okay so is there someone who knows how to order from that site hahah I was genuinely very confused. But that's good to hear we should definitely get a bulk order going with some other guys down in south fl
Skewt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2018, 11:01 PM   #5
svivian

I would be willing to go in on a bulk order if you don't want that many.
svivian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2018, 12:24 PM   #6
HurricaneBK

If you guys want to post the quantity and length you're interested in I'll shoot her an email and get a price quote on the barrels and on shipping to S.Fl.

I ordered a 120cm with 31mm OD 26mm ID dimensions. When I inquired about a larger order of 10 identical to the one I ordered it was $36 per 120cm barrel and $120 for shipping. So total cost of $480 for 10 barrels delivered.
Old 08-28-2018, 01:21 PM   #7
svivian

Any size between 90cm and 120cm would be fine by me. I ordered a barrel from OBD and wasn't impressed with the rail on the barrel.
Old 08-29-2018, 11:12 AM   #8
SEA_ARCHER
The Ocean is Calling

Hey BK, Are those dimensions ones that will work with pathos handle and muzzle? I would definitely take one in 120 or 130 if you guys are ordering.
SEA_ARCHER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2018, 11:33 AM   #9
HurricaneBK

Quote:
Originally Posted by SEA_ARCHER View Post
Hey BK, Are those dimensions ones that will work with pathos handle and muzzle? I would definitely take one in 120 or 130 if you guys are ordering.
That's the handle/muzzle I put in mine which is why I ordered in that size.
Old 08-29-2018, 12:30 PM   #10
SEA_ARCHER
The Ocean is Calling

sign me up!
SEA_ARCHER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2018, 05:31 PM   #11
popgun pete

http://www.spearboard.com/showthread...barrels+buying
popgun pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2018, 08:14 PM   #12
svivian

Quote:
Originally Posted by popgun pete View Post
I bought one of their 90cm barrels and was not impressed. The rail only goes 2/3 of the length and has no depth to hold the shaft. Also they are foam filled and inner diameter tighter then listed on their sight. Ended up having to take a sanding dremmel to make room for a dangelos 2 handle.
Old 08-29-2018, 09:14 PM   #13
baitball

Quote:
Originally Posted by svivian View Post
I bought one of their 90cm barrels and was not impressed. The rail only goes 2/3 of the length and has no depth to hold the shaft. Also they are foam filled and inner diameter tighter then listed on their sight. Ended up having to take a sanding dremmel to make room for a dangelos 2 handle.

You bought one of their barrels? Who's barrels? I'm confused there is many different barrels listed in that thread
Old 08-29-2018, 09:17 PM   #14
baitball

I definitely want to make this happen. I put in an order for 10 cuttlefish 120s and haven't heard anything back for 3 days. Didn't pay obviously. But I guess you're supposed to wait to hear back first
Old 08-29-2018, 09:26 PM   #15
svivian

Quote:
Originally Posted by baitball View Post
You bought one of their barrels? Who's barrels? I'm confused there is many different barrels listed in that thread
I was referring to the one breath diving carbon barrels in the link that popgun_pete posted. Which is why I'm looking for other options that may be better quality