Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > General Topics (Non-regional) > General Spearfishing & Diving Discussion

General Spearfishing & Diving Discussion This is where you post to discuss general spearfishing topics that could apply to any region.

Old 08-07-2018, 10:16 AM   #1
rootsman
Jeff

Looking for custom (short) spears

I've got a 30" mid-handle that I use for carping and short viz, and I've been getting custom shafts from Neptonics as not many folks are making 32" spears. The problem is that the shafts are only 9/32 and Neptonics seems to use only one size flopper, no matter what size the shaft. The result is that the floppers arrive not only untuned but are nearly impossible to tune correctly because they look like they are made to fit on 3/8 shafts. I realize that there might be some adjustment needed with a new spear, but when I get spears for my Mako they arrive perfectly tuned out of the box, probably because they are using the correct flopper for the shaft size.

Anyway, I'm looking for recommendations for custom (short) shafts from anyone other than Neptonics...
rootsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2018, 09:24 AM   #2
Marco

Re: Looking for custom (short) spears

Why don't you just get the proper floppers and install them to your shafts? It's not that difficult. Just make sure to hit the pin side that doesn't have the "head" with a round hammer. Don't hit it too hard. You want to hit it like +100 times from different angles. Results are almost proffesional.

https://www.makospearguns.com/Replac...Pin-p/mflp.htm

Mako has all the sizes. You need the 7 mm. Just order your shafts without the flopper and install them by yourself.

A bad day fishing is ALWAYS better than a good day at work
Marco is offline   Reply With Quote