Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > United States Geographical Locations > California Spearfishing

California Spearfishing Talk here about spearfishing on California's Pacific Coast, and post those reports and photos!

Old 12-05-2017, 10:23 PM   #1
Eddieparrasuper

New gloves

Need a recommendation on some new gloves. So far I have tried multiple brands. Also, I have tried out different mm of thickness. My favorite gloves are made by body glove. the gloves had a digital blue camouflage. I lent those gloves to my brother, but he lost one of them. The fit was snug and the flexibility on my fingers felt great. I am not sure what thickness they were. I currently have the Omer 7mm and Riffe 1.5mm or 2mm. The Omer gloves are too thick that I can not adjust anything once I'm in the water. The Riffe gloves are thinner, but not warm enough. I want an all around glove thats warm and flexible.

SCALE: 1-5

Omer 7mm gloves = 2 TOO THICK, Ripped while trying to put them on, no tough protection from sharp objects.
Riffe 1.5mm or 2mm gloves= 3, tough but water swooshes in and out, not warm at all.
I HAVE NOT TRIED RIFFE'S NEW GLOVES. THE DESIGN LOOKS DIFFERENT.

Body Glove= 5, all around great.

I am thinking about getting some Body Glove gloves again, but I want to see what others are like using. Thanks.
Eddieparrasuper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 07:18 AM   #2
MAKO Spearguns
Sponsor

Re: New gloves

Please take a look at these gloves. Avaialable in 3 and 5 mm. Tough, warm and flexible

http://www.makospearguns.com/Califor...es-p/mckdg.htm

http://www.makospearguns.com/

http://www.facebook.com/makospearguns

HIGH PERFORMANCE GEAR - DIRECT FROM MAKO - NO DIVE SHOP MARKUP!
MAKO Spearguns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 12:06 PM   #3
rob102

My favorite for spearfishing are the Beuchat Marlin gloves.
rob102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2017, 09:51 PM   #4
carrasco

You might also add whether you are going to grab bugs with the gloves or not. If you are looking for regular dive gloves, then stay with your favorite gloves. If not, try a couple of brands and then you should find your favorite.

No sea menso mijo, no sea menso!!!!!
carrasco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2017, 06:03 PM   #5
Eddieparrasuper

I just wanted comfortable gloves to dive with. I wasn't looking for gloves to handle lobster. Although the camouflage pattern doesn't match my wetsuit, I ended up picking up PATHOS 3MM DYNA TITANIUM GLOVES. They are extremely comfortable, but the downside is that there is hardly any grip. For example, pulling on monoline slides right through my hands. I solved that problem by wrapping the line around my hand then pulling. The gloves do not swoosh water in and out. I recommend these gloves for spearing in kelp or open water. In reef, these gloves might rip against the sharp rocks. Overall, I am content with my purchase.
Eddieparrasuper is offline   Reply With Quote