Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > General Topics (Non-regional) > Invasive Species Spearfishing & Science

Invasive Species Spearfishing & Science Discuss invasive exotic species such as lionfish, carp, snakehead, etc. including news, spearfishing and scientific research in any geographical region.

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 13 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 03-11-2013, 03:55 PM   #16
pernicia

Re: Places to spear Lionfish

They are everywhere in S Florida....government not doing much to control..... they should put all those FWC "experts" to help with the problem, ohhh and don't forget Nova SE Univ. marine biology too, after all they are part responsible for the mess.

---Dive Safe---
pernicia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 06:27 AM   #17
Money $hot

Come up here to North Florida. We're having Lionfish Tournament March 28 to The end of April. There are lots of prizes and an awesome raffle at the Captains Meeting. See more info on Northeast Florida Thread. We would be glad to get you out for target practice.
Money $hot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 09:53 PM   #18
ilovekittens

Well, I'm back from my first lionfish hunt. I saw 21 lionfish and killed 18 of them. I'm hoping the other three died of their wounds. I went to Dreams La Ramona DM. All found snorkeling. I really had to search for them, they were all pretty well hidden. I even got to feel the wrath of their sting which I was kind of curious about. I know I could use gloves but what fun would that be?
Amateur video footage Spearing Lionfish in LaRomana - YouTube
Thinking about searching in Ft Myers FL area next. Any one from the area? Any lionfish to be killed.

I read that the no license needed for spearing lionfish in FL is only temporary and expires in Aug. I will be visiting after Aug, any word on an extension or they wanting to rebuild the population? ILK
ilovekittens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 09:53 PM   #19
ilovekittens

Well, I'm back from my first lionfish hunt. I saw 21 lionfish and killed 18 of them. I'm hoping the other three died of their wounds. I went to Dreams La Ramona DM. All found snorkeling. I really had to search for them, they were all pretty well hidden. I even got to feel the wrath of their sting which I was kind of curious about. I know I could use gloves but what fun would that be?
Amateur video footage Spearing Lionfish in LaRomana - YouTubeThinking about searching in Ft Myers FL area next. Any one from the area? Any lionfish to be killed.

I read that the no license needed for spearing lionfish in FL is only temporary and expires in Aug. I will be visiting after Aug, any word on an extension or they wanting to rebuild the population? ILK
ilovekittens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2014, 03:40 PM   #20
ironicinori

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovekittens View Post
Amateur video footage Spearing Lionfish in LaRomana - YouTube
Thinking about searching in Ft Myers FL area next. Any one from the area? Any lionfish to be killed.

Old thread, but I was looking into lionfish spearing... There's still no license required and no limit on lionfish taken.
ironicinori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 02:01 PM   #21
HOLDFAST
OATH Spearfishing Team

ANT HILLS oil rigs 45 NM offshore of Corpus Christi TX

www.rigsreefclassicspearfishing.com

https://www.facebook.com/RigsReefClassic/

Salty Soul Taxidermy
https://www.facebook.com/saltysoultaxidermy/

CoOwner
www.gator-gripp.com

Call or Text me anytime 503-298-0592

HOLDFAST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2014, 07:26 AM   #22
ROBERTO REYES
MAN OVERBOARD

We go spearfishing Puerto Rico all the time and everytime we see one lion fish we shoot it, we have dome spearfishinng tournaments in Puerto Rico https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tDMCF1-XL2Q for lion fish and you can control a certain area, but they are here to stay, at first they were all small, but now they are big, the deeper you go the bigger they are, I wonder what will be the damage to the fish population and ecosystem in Puerto Rico say 10 years from now.
ROBERTO REYES is offline   Reply With Quote