Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > The Spearboard Tavern > Off Topic Area

Off Topic Area Enjoy a virtual beer at the bar, and talk about anything else on your mind that may not pertain to spearfishing.

Old 06-10-2020, 08:44 PM   #166
OBLIGATED

Re: Financial/Investments

Im in the black and may cash out some or all of my fund.
My kid has been flipping boats and Jetskis and making 3k average a month.Average boat is 5-6 k with a 2-3 k return with minor repairs and cleaning.This is side money from his other income.Thats a better return than my stock and funds.
He got a buyer for my skiff and I didn't have it advertised.Travel trailer is going too.Im not attached to anything for the right price and don't mind doing repairs with the right motivation.I see more 800 mg Ibuprofen in my future
Old 06-11-2020, 07:56 AM   #167
Gary H
gangsta' speargun pioneer

Quote:
Originally Posted by OBLIGATED View Post
I see more 800 mg Ibuprofen in my future
Try a double dose of Aleve

With current events and the election coming, I don't think Smith & Wesson nor Ruger have run out of gas yet.

Fishing is like sex, you don't have to be good at it to enjoy it.
Gary H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2020, 08:35 AM   #168
OBLIGATED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary H View Post
Try a double dose of Aleve

With current events and the election coming, I don't think Smith & Wesson nor Ruger have run out of gas yet.
I will try the Aleve.Been taking dark cherry capsules and TRYING not to eat a lot of red meat or alcohol but the last couple of storms had me hurting.Doc prescribed 2 800s a day.I take them when I get really bad.Dont like taking meds.
I have been in a crazy funk lately about guns.Havent had the hots for anything.Always looking for deals on Colts or HK but no cravings.Sailboats on the other hand are always on my brain.Probably not a good investment unless you could write it off as therapy.
Old 06-11-2020, 08:38 AM   #169
Gary H

We've gone off topic, but the Aleve helps me more than IB - my wife is just the opposite. I'm hurting in this "feels like" 100 degree weather removing old wood fencing and replacing with vinyl. Hardest part is removing existing posts.

Old 06-11-2020, 08:43 AM   #170
Gary H

BTW, I was talking about stocks, not physical firearm procurement

Old 06-12-2020, 11:16 AM   #171
OBLIGATED

Quote:
We've gone off topic, but the Aleve helps me more than IB - my wife is just the opposite. I'm hurting in this "feels like" 100 degree weather removing old wood fencing and replacing with vinyl. Hardest part is removing existing posts.
Doc had me on anther anti-inflammatory when I asked to switch to Ibuprofen.Worked a little better.Have not used a cane in over 21/2 years so I guess the torture at the gym and eating better did help some too.
I have to put up a fence on my place but wont do it till fall.Actually Ill watch my boys do it and supervise.I can watch people work all day.
Sold the stocks and mutual fund yesterday.Going to let it sit in money market for now.Probably pay the bank note on the house off next week and start remodeling and upgrading.
Old 06-29-2020, 06:00 PM   #172
techwiz44

I wonder how much money the Bank will give me for those gold foil covered chocolate coins

It's been said that if it's made in China it may be a cheap knock off--- well their gold bars are FAKE-- 83 tons of fake gold so far.

https://www.zerohedge.com/markets/83...eiting-scandal

a dozen Chinese financial institutions, mainly trust companies (i.e., shadow banks) loaned 20 billion yuan ($2.8 billion) over the past five years to Wuhan Kingold Jewelry with pure gold as collateral and insurance policies to cover any losses. There was just one problem: the "gold" turned out to be gold-plated copper.

a lender seeking to melt gold collateral found black tungsten plate in the middle of the bars.

Protecting the US borders is LAWFULL- not racist.
Fabricating lies and passing it off as news is dishonest and corrupt and not worthy of protection.
techwiz44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2020, 10:31 PM   #173
Marcus
Naval gazer extraordinair

Quote:
Originally Posted by techwiz44 View Post
I wonder how much money the Bank will give me for those gold foil covered chocolate coins

It's been said that if it's made in China it may be a cheap knock off--- well their gold bars are FAKE-- 83 tons of fake gold so far.

https://www.zerohedge.com/markets/83...eiting-scandal

a dozen Chinese financial institutions, mainly trust companies (i.e., shadow banks) loaned 20 billion yuan ($2.8 billion) over the past five years to Wuhan Kingold Jewelry with pure gold as collateral and insurance policies to cover any losses. There was just one problem: the "gold" turned out to be gold-plated copper.

a lender seeking to melt gold collateral found black tungsten plate in the middle of the bars.
Yea, that's shit load of alleged gold! The veil is falling down.
“If the natural tendencies of mankind are so bad that it is not safe to permit people to be free, how is it that the tendencies of these organizers are always good? Do not the legislators and their appointed agents also belong to the human race? Or do they believe that they themselves are made of a finer clay than the rest of mankind?”
― Frederic Bastiat, The Law
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2020, 11:25 AM   #174
Marcus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
Uhg...some serious stress in my trading lately. Shit's wild, yo. Here's some of my gambling trades; NAK huge volume looking to be bought out. SILJ bought in the low channel, SILEF, a Jr. that is going nuts, AG solid JR. that is performing, PAAS...still looking for an entry point.
None for the faint of heart.
NAK busted a nut today. Up 50% so far.
“If the natural tendencies of mankind are so bad that it is not safe to permit people to be free, how is it that the tendencies of these organizers are always good? Do not the legislators and their appointed agents also belong to the human race? Or do they believe that they themselves are made of a finer clay than the rest of mankind?”
Old 07-07-2020, 05:49 PM   #175
Marcus

I added some more to NAK today. This Pebble mine is looking VERY promising. All pros, haven't found any cons.
This site has a lot of good info https://stocktwits.com/symbol/NAK in the chatter.
Old 07-17-2020, 05:37 PM   #176
Marcus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
I added some more to NAK today. This Pebble mine is looking VERY promising. All pros, haven't found any cons.
This site has a lot of good info https://stocktwits.com/symbol/NAK in the chatter.
Still looking good. Talk is low ball buyout of $7...more heard talk is around $10. All signs point to yes for the deal going thru. Currently ~1.70/share with very good liquidity. Approval for regulatory approval coming Tue. and being published Fri. by the gov't approval agency.
Do your own research. It's very hard to keep this to myself. Keep in mind I'm not extremely wealthy yet, though. I'm betting quite a bit that this is going to contribute. I've stop losses in place to protect.
Old 07-18-2020, 02:58 PM   #177
OBLIGATED

Sold and delivered the fifth wheel yesterdaySupposed to show my 21 skiff tomorrowOldest son is supposed to buy my F350 7.3 and I have my Ski boat with a possible buyer.
Got tired of washing,waxing,moving to mow every 5 days and paying insurance on it all.Stocks,bonds and mutual were sold and put in money market till I decide what I want to do.
Been looking at property to fix up and flip and land to put cattle on.Market was too crazy for me.PMs keep going up I will sell them too.
Wife wants me to upgrade to a Harley Ultra.Once the house is finished and I get a breather I may surprise her with the bike.
Old 07-20-2020, 07:18 PM   #178
Marcus

NAK. Crap...thinking about buying some more. I'm already in at average ~1.32. After hours are already pushing 2.05. BTW, there's some good info between all the shit stained pumpers/dumpers on the aforementioned site.
Silver has broke thru resistance...finally. My silver PM stocks have been going crazy. EXK blew a load today...wish I had more in it now. PAAS, SILV, AG, and SILEF (thinking about adding) are all on my watch list or already have it.
The PM market is blowing up. Quite a few reasons why. I hope I have the sense to sell at the right time...that's always been my downfall. I can pick the bottoms, the tops have always been more elusive.
Disclaimer: My stock trading hasn't enriched me satisfactorily...yet.
Old 07-21-2020, 01:05 PM   #179
OBLIGATED

Traded the skiff for a triton bass boat and cash.Book value is 11k and Im in it for 3,500Every now and then things go my way.
Going to fish with it till my kid finds a buyer.Ran our lake showing relatives property and only burned 6 gallons.My other Fish n Ski would easily burn 35 plus oil.Boat actually is comfortable and handles pretty good.Easier to pull with the Colorado.
Bayliner gets a oil change today and its gone.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	triton.jpg
Views:	236
Size:	30.3 KB
ID:	245806   Click image for larger version

Name:	skiff.jpg
Views:	251
Size:	81.2 KB
ID:	245807  
Old 07-21-2020, 01:09 PM   #180
OBLIGATED

Quote:
I talked to a buddy about my Arthritis and bone spurs.He suggested calcium supplements.Seems to be helping.Time will tell.