Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > The Spearboard Tavern > Off Topic Area

Off Topic Area Enjoy a virtual beer at the bar, and talk about anything else on your mind that may not pertain to spearfishing.

Old 03-24-2020, 08:07 PM   #121
Marcus
Naval gazer extraordinair

Re: Financial/Investments

WPM is one of my dividend stocks I didn't sell even given how stupid it got. I added more when it dropped. It's rather eye opening to see such value being treated like common whores. Scary...herd mentality. It drives the sane man crazy.
“If the natural tendencies of mankind are so bad that it is not safe to permit people to be free, how is it that the tendencies of these organizers are always good? Do not the legislators and their appointed agents also belong to the human race? Or do they believe that they themselves are made of a finer clay than the rest of mankind?”
― Frederic Bastiat, The Law

Last edited by Marcus; 03-24-2020 at 08:35 PM.
Marcus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2020, 10:14 PM   #122
OBLIGATED

My oldest son is getting some 5 piglets and a big sow that will be pregnant next month,a few steers and some more hens to add to mine.
Sounds crazy but Im kicking in for the stock and getting more fencing.Nothing else I will be doing Cuban style pig roasts and have a bigger deep freeze full of meat.Doing a 1 acre garden also.Going to need a lot of hot wire to keep the deer out.
Probably taking the bee hives to his place too.After this crap I would rather process and grow my own food so I don't have to deal with city issues.
Old 03-24-2020, 10:41 PM   #123
Marcus

Quote:
Originally Posted by OBLIGATED View Post
My oldest son is getting some 5 piglets and a big sow that will be pregnant next month,a few steers and some more hens to add to mine.
Sounds crazy but Im kicking in for the stock and getting more fencing.Nothing else I will be doing Cuban style pig roasts and have a bigger deep freeze full of meat.Doing a 1 acre garden also.Going to need a lot of hot wire to keep the deer out.
Probably taking the bee hives to his place too.After this crap I would rather process and grow my own food so I don't have to deal with city issues.
You may be the smartest one on here, Obli.
“If the natural tendencies of mankind are so bad that it is not safe to permit people to be free, how is it that the tendencies of these organizers are always good? Do not the legislators and their appointed agents also belong to the human race? Or do they believe that they themselves are made of a finer clay than the rest of mankind?”
Old 03-25-2020, 08:01 AM   #124
Marcus

Quote:
The banks have sold or leased out the gold of their customers. The cannot deliver a single ounce without buying and that would send the price of gold trough the roof. So their solution: forced sales of customers gold! What a scam.
LOL
ABN Amro Abandons 106 Year Physical Gold Business, Clients Forced To Sell
Old 03-25-2020, 12:05 PM   #125
Divedog

Damm Marcus. Your almost back to $8.00 on JNUG. You got me interested in JNUG now and I did some reading all last night on it and pulled the trigger with some shares at $5.60 this morning. JNUG is not something for the faint of heart. Im just playing with 200 share to practice with on this thing. Seeing how fast it moves and that that they change their leveraging everyday its much to technical for me to risk a lot on money but maybe it will make me a better trader to dabble in day trading.
Divedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2020, 12:26 PM   #126
Marcus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divedog View Post
Damm Marcus. Your almost back to $8.00 on JNUG. You got me interested in JNUG now and I did some reading all last night on it and pulled the trigger with some shares at $5.60 this morning. JNUG is not something for the faint of heart. Im just playing with 200 share to practice with on this thing. Seeing how fast it moves and that that they change their leveraging everyday its much to technical for me to risk a lot on money but maybe it will make me a better trader to dabble in day trading.
Lol...I was just about to post about this. YEP, looks like we're good for now. I'd put in a pre-market order at $5.20, was watching and it never filled....so I thought it wasn't working and cancelled it, discovered later in the day that it filled. I ended up getting in below $5.50. Cost basis is now in between with double the shares (over 2k). I intended to tip toe back into the water...can't say I'm upset at the moment though. I was also kind of feeling 'the fear of missing out' when I seen it down in the high 3's that morning. I gathered up all the emotional security I could muster to not buy at that time. I wanted confirmation first before committing.
I've been watching it all morning. The strength was looking sketchy for a while, relative to price movement, but then the sellers ran out of steam and it's now moving higher. Good luck to ya. Enjoy the ride . I intend to buy more on some dips that I see support at. Just don't ask me when to sell. I apparently still SUCK at that...even though I'm educated on technical analysis...read 3 books after losing my ass in 2008. This was a coordinated take down, IMO. It happened just after a congressional meeting on the virus and such. Lots of Senators sold all their stocks after this meeting...f'in crooks running a cartel.
Oh yea, don't use anything but Vegas money on this stuff.
Old 03-25-2020, 05:31 PM   #127
Marcus

This is damn shame, all the while TSLA is still WAY overvalued. Good luck.

S&P Downgrades Ford To Junk - Biggest Fallen Angel Yet
Old 03-26-2020, 09:51 AM   #128
OBLIGATED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
You may be the smartest one on here, Obli.
LOL,Probably not.I would be living Jimmy Buffets and Ted Nugents life if I was really smart
Old 03-26-2020, 09:53 AM   #129
OBLIGATED

Quote:
This is damn shame, all the while TSLA is still WAY overvalued. Good luck.

S&P Downgrades Ford To Junk - Biggest Fallen Angel Yet
I don't know they just went up again.Coulda,shoulda,woulda!
Old 03-26-2020, 11:09 AM   #130
Marcus

Quote:
The crash was coming with or without the coronavirus pandemic.
"This Is It!"
Old 03-26-2020, 03:19 PM   #131
Marcus

Bought several 100 more of JNUG at near today's low today. I seen a lot of traders taking some profits near the end of the day. More importantly, I seen a lot of buyers willing to carry that water. So much that I felt it would gap up tomorrow again. I'm still hangin' tough for now.
I've secured an initial good position and am out of the danger zone. I'll be adding more on worn out pull backs.

Last edited by Marcus; 03-26-2020 at 03:29 PM.
Old 03-27-2020, 11:10 AM   #132
Marcus

Quote:
Bought several 100 more of JNUG at near today's low today. I seen a lot of traders taking some profits near the end of the day. More importantly, I seen a lot of buyers willing to carry that water. So much that I felt it would gap up tomorrow again. I'm still hangin' tough for now.
I've secured an initial good position and am out of the danger zone. I'll be adding more on worn out pull backs.
Geesh, this is starting to hurt my neck from all the whipsawing. I sold before losing and repositioned myself lower.
Old 03-27-2020, 12:22 PM   #133
fishfan

I can tell you this.....you can't find physical silver from any big house out there.
Every supplier has either shut off their website or you're paying $6-$8 premiums over spot.

I turned down an offer to sell silver eagles $4 over spot because I can't replace it with ANYTHING at a lower premium.
Old 03-27-2020, 01:08 PM   #134
makemwearit
Desert Fish in da Pacific

Quote:
Back around $4.50/share right now... absolute steal.
Old 03-27-2020, 06:47 PM   #135
mepps1

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishfan View Post
I can tell you this.....you can't find physical silver from any big house out there.
Every supplier has either shut off their website or you're paying $6-$8 premiums over spot.

I turned down an offer to sell silver eagles $4 over spot because I can't replace it with ANYTHING at a lower premium.
Possible to buy futures and take delivery? If nothing else, it could be the most satisfying means of undermining the paper metals market.

Never tried it, but.......

?
Are oft repaid with hate.
mepps1 is offline   Reply With Quote