Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > Buddy Networking -- Let's Go Hunting! > Anywhere else!

Anywhere else! You can post here to get a conversation started if looking to meet and hunt with people in other areas not listed above.

Old 02-08-2004, 12:12 PM   #1
x-ring
Spear Slinger

South Texas Spearos

Anyone from Corpus or Aransus out there? I will be in the area March 15-19. Looking to do a day of spearfishing off the jettys or if you have a boat even better!
x-ring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2004, 12:35 PM   #2
joens

March 15- 19 wont work for me . but if you want to come down later in the year let me know I usually go out of Sabine Pass.
Old 02-08-2004, 06:35 PM   #3
x-ring
Spear Slinger

Isn't Sabine Pass a long way NE of Corpus Christi?
Old 02-08-2004, 09:05 PM   #4
joens

everywhere in texas is a long way.I drive down from north texas myself. There are some spearboard members around corpus I think but haven't heard from them in a while.
Old 03-07-2004, 11:56 AM   #5
electricray

Ill be there

Yes ill be in port aransas on the island all week just got all my gear together and this wilbe my first time spearfishing down there.

So im lucky I found you on this forum. Thear are a few people im supposed to hook up with but I dont know where they will want to spear.

It would be grate to hook up and spear the jettys with you. We have a house on the island and thats where well be staying.

email me and ill contact you by phone
my mail is pufferfish70@mail.com

Last edited by electricray; 03-07-2004 at 12:02 PM.
electricray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2004, 05:13 PM   #6
x-ring
Spear Slinger

We (myself and family) will be camping in PINS. I would love to hunt the jettys with you. I have very limited saltwater experiance and would very much appreciate a buddy. Last year I limited on sheepeys in about an hour freediving. The only other fish I saw was a little spadefish. I hope this year with scuba I will have the chance to spear some more diverse fish.
Old 03-17-2004, 12:39 PM   #7
hardcoretexan

I realize that I am a little late to meet you guys this time but if anybody is interested next time I have my own boat and I love spearfishing both at the Jetties and offshore at the rigs. Depending on the weather I want to go this weekend the 20th and or the 21st so I can break in my new Riffe!!!
hardcoretexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2004, 06:15 PM   #8
x-ring
Spear Slinger

Dude I wish we had hooked up this week. The vis was crap all around Aransas. Shore diving anyway. Electricray lucked out and had a sheepshead swim directly in frot of his gun. In the 2'-3' vis I only saw a couple of fish. The only time I tried to shoot I discovered my safety was on. I got out of the water after I got tangled in mono about 10'-15' underwater while freediving.
Old 03-23-2004, 03:35 PM   #9
hardcoretexan

Sounds like you all had a tough time! It was not much better offshore this past weekend, the vis was only about 6 to 10 feet at best 35 miles out so I didnt even bother getting in the water.
The trip wasnt a total waist though we did end up catghing a 65# Wahoo, 5 Kingfish, 1 Dolphin, and 1 Blackfin Tuna. I only wish that list was all by way of speargun!!!
Old 03-24-2004, 01:25 AM   #10
x-ring
Spear Slinger

I would hav hit the water for 8-10 ft vis. thats good by my Oklahoma freshwater standards. Vis was 8 ft last spring when I cleand up on sheepshead at the jettys. We will all have to hook up for a offshore trip next year.
Old 03-27-2004, 09:31 AM   #11
electricray

Hey X-ring and hardcoretexan, Ive had a long week back after the trip and tink i finely got over my lack of coast depresion.

Yes the water was a mess but it was a good time and I lerned alot about jetty free diveing. The fish were there fo sure we could here them all around and see flashes of them also. if we could have seen just 6 or 7 feet we could have cleaned up on sheepshead.

Hardcoretexan I have canseled a trip to Chicago for the american welding sosietys convention, so that will save me 8 days of vacation I can use this summer to go to the island. So i will keep in touch for sure, it shouldent be long before im back down.

And x-ray had a grate time even with bad vis. Have you ever hurd of a fish called a Talopia? Its a invasive fish in some of or rivers here in central Texas. I hurd about them at oak hill scuba, you can shoot all you want. So im going to try for some next weekend
and im going to pick up a pole spear, going to try that in the river for a change of pace. The rivers im hunting are spring fed. so there cristal clear ill let you know how it go's.

Last edited by electricray; 03-27-2004 at 09:37 AM.
Old 03-28-2004, 12:42 AM   #12
x-ring
Spear Slinger

Keep me updated on that river spearing. I was thinking about giving that a try on my way home but didn't stop.
Old 03-28-2004, 11:04 AM   #13
electricray

Hey that big sheepshead wasnt all luck! I did have to pull the triger. LOL LOL LOL
Old 03-30-2004, 10:38 AM   #14
hardcoretexan

So did yall do any good in the rivers? I have done some spearing in the Frio, and the Gaudalupe rivers and done very well on catfish, bass, and perch. That was before I knew that it was not leagle to spear bass.

Electricray, let me know when you plan to come down again and I will try to get off work so we can do some spearfishing.
Old 04-01-2004, 10:40 AM   #15
x-ring
Spear Slinger

Did you kill any tilipia? I was just thinkingtat a polespear would have been great for that low vis stuff off the jettys.