Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > United States Geographical Locations > California Spearfishing

California Spearfishing Talk here about spearfishing on California's Pacific Coast, and post those reports and photos!

Old 01-25-2015, 11:36 PM   #1
davidiskol

Bright orange snot After Diving?

Hey so about a week ago I was diving and had problems equalising my left ear when It finally worked it sounded a little crackily. And felt like I might have gotten water in my ear. I had pains in the ear for about two days. After a week I have been diving again submerging very slowly and eqaulising very softly. After about 30 minutes I was really congested so I cleared my nose and a bright neon orange snot came out . Does anyone know what's going on ????

Thanks. David

Last edited by davidiskol; 01-25-2015 at 11:45 PM.
davidiskol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2015, 11:53 PM   #2
phil herranen

Re: Bright orange snot After Diving?

Any colored snot is the sign of a sinus infection

frv owners discount http://spearboard.com/showthread.php?t=134606
phil herranen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2015, 01:16 AM   #3
Gaudi

Were you eating a ton of cheetos before diving?
Gaudi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2015, 05:14 AM   #4
FullFlavorPike

Just got over an ear infection myself.

Luckily, the crackling in my ear gave it away well before the pain and colored ooze stage.
FullFlavorPike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2015, 10:23 AM   #5
davidiskol

No I was not eating Cheetos lol. My mucus is clear unless after diving .
Old 01-26-2015, 01:20 PM   #6
Seansheds
Sean

I'm prone to sinus infections and because I never get any pain from them in my face like most people the only way I know if I have one is from the color of my snot. Because your basically prone position when diving your sinus' drain easier and that's why a lot of times when your finished diving you have a lot of snot to clear out.

When I finish diving and see really yellow or even snot with blood I know it's time to go see the ENT.
Seansheds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2015, 01:05 PM   #7
davidiskol

Thanks for your responds how serious is a sinus infection ? I'm in nicaragau at the moment and would rather not go to a hospital here.
Old 01-27-2015, 01:11 PM   #8
Seansheds
Sean

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidiskol View Post
Thanks for your responds how serious is a sinus infection ? I'm in nicaragau at the moment and would rather not go to a hospital here.
It all depends. I've had them for weeks not knowing and 10-20 days on antibiotics cleared them up. I also had one for an estimated 8 months that was resistant to antibiotics that ended up requiring surgery to "clean" it all out. Sucked because it kept me out of the water for 2 months.

If you're just there on vacation you can probably wait to see a doctor, but if you're going to be there a while I would recommend getting it checked out. The earlier you treat it the better.
Seansheds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2015, 01:16 PM   #9
MonkeyChunks1

Sinus infection. Sounds like when you get down to pressure the mucus you have is being released, which means you need to see a doctor before it build up. The presure build up is the worst part, it feels like you skul is expanding and hurts like hell. Go see a doctor.
MonkeyChunks1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2015, 03:16 PM   #10
Marcus
Naval gazer extraordinair

Quote:
In Nic, you can most likely get antibiotics at a pharmacy instead of having to go to a doc.
“If the natural tendencies of mankind are so bad that it is not safe to permit people to be free, how is it that the tendencies of these organizers are always good? Do not the legislators and their appointed agents also belong to the human race? Or do they believe that they themselves are made of a finer clay than the rest of mankind?”
― Frederic Bastiat, The Law
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2015, 04:20 PM   #11
phil herranen

I get them all the time and never need to go to the doctor for them . If you take some warm water and add table salt until it is as salty as sea water , then suck it in threw your nose a little at a time , then bend over and shake your head a little to work it into your sinus , and also lay on the bed on your back with your head hanging off the side ,then blow your nose when you are done blow your nose , a huge amount of mucus will clear out .The salt dose two things it liquefys mucus , and it is a anti-bacterial so it removes the blockage and it also kills the bacteria

Old 01-27-2015, 04:27 PM   #12
FullFlavorPike

Quote:
Originally Posted by phil herranen View Post
I get them all the time and never need to go to the doctor for them . If you take some warm water and add table salt until it is as salty as sea water , then suck it in threw your nose a little at a time , then bend over and shake your head a little to work it into your sinus , and also lay on the bed on your back with your head hanging off the side ,then blow your nose when you are done blow your nose , a huge amount of mucus will clear out .The salt dose two things it liquefys mucus , and it is a anti-bacterial so it removes the blockage and it also kills the bacteria
Dat's pretty hardcore.
FullFlavorPike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2015, 04:40 PM   #13
phil herranen

Quote:
Originally Posted by FullFlavorPike View Post
Dat's pretty hardcore.
It sounds way worse than it is , it's the same thing people do with a netti pot .

It also gets the sand out of your sinus if you really get trashed surfing a big shore break

Old 01-27-2015, 05:03 PM   #14
johndoelman
KOAH Spearguns

Quote:
Hey so about a week ago I was diving and had problems equalising my left ear when It finally worked it sounded a little crackily. And felt like I might have gotten water in my ear. I had pains in the ear for about two days. After a week I have been diving again submerging very slowly and eqaulising very softly. After about 30 minutes I was really congested so I cleared my nose and a bright neon orange snot came out . Does anyone know what's going on ????

Thanks. David
DUDE..... you have a strange health/medical issue that you should be asking a doctor about, but instead you go on spearboard to ask the real "EXPERTS" that always seem to know everything...
Old 01-27-2015, 05:04 PM   #15
Waterman07
Joe

sounds like you just ruptured some capillaries in your sinuses.
Waterman07 is offline   Reply With Quote