Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > Spearfishing Gear > All About Guns

All About Guns What's your weapon of choice, and why? Discuss the beloved speargun here!

View Poll Results: Riffe or Koah
Riffe Euro 35 32.41%
Koah Euro 73 67.59%
Voters: 108. You may not vote on this poll

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 13 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 05-19-2014, 08:46 AM   #16
2fishin2
Pacific Spearo

Re: Riffe OR!? Koah. I realize there are no bad choices here.

They are both "blocky" I owned a Riffe Euro many moons ago. Id own a Koah this time around. Who care....
2fishin2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 10:01 AM   #17
Lyterkillsling
Shaft'n Captain

Riffe OR!? Koah. I realize there are no bad choices here.

With all seriousness I got rid of my riffes, straight to Koah. I've shot a few different models and love everyone of them. My favorite gun in my 62 blue water. Absolutely a work of art. Perfect ballasting, easy tracking and slings steel uber straight!

BenthicOceanSports.com
Descentspearfishing.com
Lyterkillsling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 11:29 AM   #18
grouperdude
hard core snorkeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by jstiver09 View Post
What guns are you comparing it to that makes you say that? I'm having a tough time believing you because I was not born blind.

Curious...which one do you think is blockier?

i thought we were comparing riffe vs Koah?
for the price of the gun below I could buy two Koahs and a riffe.

WAR DAM EAGLE

http://www.youtube.com/user/grouperdude
grouperdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 11:30 AM   #19
jstiver09

Wrong
jstiver09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 11:34 AM   #20
grouperdude
hard core snorkeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by jstiver09 View Post
Wrong
so I exaggerated by one gun

WAR DAM EAGLE

http://www.youtube.com/user/grouperdude
grouperdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 11:44 AM   #21
jstiver09

I'll let this thread get back on track but for your future knowledge a comparable Koah with a reel is $200 less than a Denton...my point wasn't to compare just show what "the opposite of boxy really looks like"
jstiver09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 02:57 PM   #22
P-Dub

I'd really like to go into extreme detail but out of respect for the re-sellers of the Koah, I will not. Three of us had a go at six blue water guns… junk, ALL OF THEM. Oh sure, they look all purdy, but… Riffe has better customer service, stands behind their products, won't give you lip service or attitude, they have been in the business a tad longer, the quality control actually exists with Riffe and Riffe guns perform time and again. Boxy or not, who cares, so long as the whole package is there and Riffe has never let me down, ever. I know that there are a whole bunch of folks that use Koah guns and are extremely happy with them and will blindly defend them like cult followers but the reality of the matter is the quality control and attitude leaves something to be desired to say the least. I’m sure that some of their guns are fine but I would never even think of purchasing a blue water gun from them. You probably would be fine getting a gun in that size range and style from Koah but again, if we are talking about the whole package and not just the gun, go with a Riffe. So before everyone gets all bitchy I'm not badmouthing Koah, just sharing my thoughts and experiences.

Last edited by P-Dub; 05-19-2014 at 03:08 PM.
P-Dub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 02:55 AM   #23
AJP
Reluctant User

Quote:
Originally Posted by johndoelman View Post
koahs are the oppositte of blocky seems like ur describing a riffe
I see this kid post all the time...I think he has a Koah button on his keyboard.

I've never seen a Koah in person. I would like to see one someday. I haven't seen one post on this entire forum tell me WHY they are good. With all do respect, I'd like to hear it. The components are Neptonics, same as a lot of other good offerings out there these days. So, let's hear it. I could tell someone exactly why I own the particular guns I own, including a Riffe. Can y'all Florida boys do it for SB?

...and yes, not that it really matters, but the Koah is blocky. If it were a car, it would be an 1987 Olds Cutlass Supreme. For comparison, an Ulusub is a '49 Merc.
AJP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 06:25 AM   #24
kwtony
Snorkel Master

I knew the direction of this thread the second it was posted and honestly I wish i hadn't even clicked on in the first place. These types of x vs y threads are getting out of hand, and at this point its not a matter of what gun is actually good anymore, but really how much shit you feel like talking at that moment...and how many others out there that believe the crap that your'e shoveling too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by P-Dub View Post
blue water guns… junk, ALL OF THEM...I'm not badmouthing Koah, just sharing my thoughts and experiences.
I know Im just a stupid Keys resident that drinks a lot beer and doesn't always wear matching socks, but...yeah you are

AJP if you havn't seen ONE single post on this entire forum about people explaining why the like their koahs, your selective reading skills are on point and i congratulate you on such an acquired talent.

Arguing online like this is about as effective as pissing in the wind. Last I checked, the sport of spearfishing is NOT about publicly slandering others guns, but going out and actually killing fish. People have their options and then people have facts(usually these 'facts' will come from someone that actually owns the product in question, except on spearboard of course).

Fact of the matter is, I love my Koah. Does it really matter what anyone 'thinks or feels' about it?? HELL NO. Because Im going to use it regardless. Everyone has the right to their opinion. I could go on for days about the products/people i hate... at the end of the day, what the hell is the point?? If i keep down that path in life, ill just be a bitter old man...

To be successful, you have to have your heart in your business, and your business in your heart. John has his heart in the right place, and he's selling guns worldwide.

"holy crap, i think you're right!! Youve changed my mind and I agree with your opinion" - said no one on the internet ever
kwtony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 06:46 AM   #25
2fishin2
Pacific Spearo

Ill tell ya what, Ill say it, "holy crap, i think you're right!! Youve changed my mind and I agree with your opinion" - said no one on the internet ever" I did always think people in the keys just drink beer and wear short pants until met you kwtony. There is at least one person with common sense in the keys.

The x vs y gun debate does get old though. I use to do it until I figured out it made no sense also. To each his own, just like a man's wife, never talk bad about them
Old 05-20-2014, 06:54 AM   #26
otherxendxup
Dustin

I'm calling BS on Tony owning socks.
otherxendxup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 07:08 AM   #27
kwtony
Snorkel Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2fishin2 View Post
To each his own, just like a man's wife, never talk bad about them
Hahahaha, I was going to throw that point in too. I have friends with wife's that i wouldn't fcuk with 2fishin2's dick, that doesn't mean im going to sit there and bring up all the negative points about them in a silly argument.

dustin you are right. I called bull shit on the socks too till i found a total of 3 last week when cleaning. One white, black, and the other is argyle...they will really go well with my superman flip flops.
Old 05-20-2014, 07:13 AM   #28
kwtony
Snorkel Master

CORRECTION!!! the sock in question was not black, but in fact dookey brown....

Old 05-20-2014, 07:17 AM   #29
2fishin2
Pacific Spearo

Those are blocky
Old 05-20-2014, 07:39 AM   #30
freedivingfool
JOIN OUR DIVE CLUB!

Everyone body knows my new Abellan Denton speargun is the shit.... for now! I've been eyeing those Benthos spearguns lately also! Yes I agree with Tony, you will have your Wong lovers, Riffe fanatics, Koah hooligans, Sea Sniper Mafia's, Impaler groupies and Ulusub hanger on's. At the end of the day every builder has his idea of what the perfect gun is and it's up to the customer to decide. As long as you're bringing fish home for dinner then all it's good!