Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > United States Geographical Locations > Hawaiian Islands

Hawaiian Islands Aloha - Paradise exists for the shooters of the Hawaiian Islands

Old 08-22-2017, 08:25 AM   #1
getawayFK
Spearo-doc

Hawaii 9/29 - 10/16

Hi folks,

I'm headed to Hawaii in the above period. I'll have to be in the big island for the 2nd week of October but otherwise fairly flexible.

I consider myself a very experienced spearfisher-freediver (over 20 years under my belt, and probably over 1300 trips...).

I'll be bringing my own gear as well. Got a mix of aimrite, Rob Allen and mannysub rollers.

Looking for some recommendations here for the big island, as well as Maui perhaps. I am also hoping to dive with some local folks, and be able to give in return as well.

Thanks

Marc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-19-2017, 01:13 PM   #2
CaptSport

Send a message via AIM to CaptSport
Re: Hawaii 9/29 - 10/16

GetawayFK,

I don't know any local spots, not a local and didn't try to dive without a local. Don't want to step on any toes. But if you are interested in a charter, I was on the Big Island in September last year and dove with this charter:

http://www.bluewaterhunterspearfishingcharters.com/

Rob's a good guy and will take you out to the FAD's and put you on Mahi and Ono. He typically tries to pair you up with another diver to keep costs down but I was able to rent the whole boat for a day of diving very reasonably. If you can't find anyone to dive with give Rob a shout.

Cya,

JR
CaptSport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 09:29 PM   #3
Behslayer

Re: Hawaii 9/29 - 10/16

Check out Ben Zyons at freedivehi.com he's in Maui. He teaches freediving there since he can dive to 300'. But he also goes spearfishing a lot.
Behslayer is offline   Reply With Quote