Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > Spearfishing Gear > All Other Gear

All Other Gear Tanks, BCDs, Regs, Fins, Stringers, and all other gear we use in Spearfishing.

Old 11-05-2002, 08:15 AM   #16
f94gator

OK, thanks!
f94gator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2002, 08:37 PM   #17
MarkD

I dive a Oceanic Delta 3 with a Alpha Octo. I am very happy with the regs. Scuba Quest has some great deals on equipment, especially during their sales. Good luck with whatever you choose.
MarkD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2002, 08:41 PM   #18
Reef Raider
Free Shafter

I dive a scuba pro mk20 ,d400 and a air II life time warranty it gets serviced some times every 6 mo. Back up is SP mk 10 G 250 spare Air II and spare computer Data max air int. Some dive shops have demo or rental stuff they sell for less but if its gear you want for like the next 10 or more yrs I would go with the Scuba Pro and the life time warranty.
Old 11-06-2002, 09:59 PM   #19
f94gator

Thanks. Scubapro is definitely looking good right now. I've heard good things about Zeagle as well.
Tackle Shack is having their Turkey sale on the 16th and they're getting rid of all of their rental Zeagle regs and BCs, along with a few computers. The regs look in decent shape, the BCs look great, so if anyone is interested in a used Ranger, it might be worth checking out. They haven't set prices yet so I don't know what they're going for; he said 60-70% off though. I might check out the regs more closely at the time, but right now I'm a bit leery about getting one that was rented out.
Old 11-06-2002, 10:20 PM   #20
Reef Raider
Free Shafter

You might want to make sure it was serviced . Seems like most of that stuff is used for classes I would think but thinking has been known to get me in some deep shit. I would like to look the sale over though thanks!
Old 11-07-2002, 08:44 AM   #21
Divin' fool
EC Reformed FREEshafter

I've got 3 of the sherwood Oasis regs. They are simple and cheap to repair/maintain. Not too expensive and keep your mouth from "drying out".
I also have a ScubaPro that is a great reg.
Old 11-07-2002, 08:45 AM   #22
Divin' fool
EC Reformed FREEshafter

How much are they asking for the used Rangers? That'a nice BC.
Old 11-07-2002, 12:45 PM   #23
f94gator

They didn't say how much they were asking - haven't set prices yet. He did tell me 60-70% off. They looked in good shape, too
Old 11-17-2002, 08:58 AM   #24
Screen Name
Bubble Pack Junkie

Sherwood Regs

I'm not a big Sherwood fan. I bought one once and the fish started avoiding me. I surmised that the steady stream of bubbles that comes out of a Sherwood first stage was the problem. I thought it was broke, but the dive store told me that feature comes with all Sherwoods, no extra charge. I dumped the Sherwood and was able to resume my stealthy behavior.......

John Out
Screen Name is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2002, 09:22 AM   #25
Reef Raider
Free Shafter

Screen name what are you diving now??
How many other turnys do you hunt in??
What are you shooting with these days??

After Spear One called you "TOP GUN" I'm all ears!!!!!!

Last edited by Reef Raider; 11-17-2002 at 09:25 AM.
Reef Raider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2002, 11:11 AM   #26
Screen Name
Bubble Pack Junkie

Hey Reef Raider

How ya doin, buddy. Pleased to make your acquaintance.

Kevin's credibility may have slipped a little on that one....

Actually, Kevin has been a good friend of mine for about 15 years, we've done a lot of diving together. We even spent a couple days in the chamber over at St. Josephs together, only to find out we really had tendonitis from shooting too many fish, not the bends! He has done his best to teach me, but I'm a little thick headed, and I dont recall once getting out of the water with more fish than him. I've also been fortunate to dive with a lot of other really good shooters, for example Lou Bonsey (B&B spearshafts) the Zumwalts, Ron Wagner, Paul Jones, Tom Morris, Martin Reissen, and David Shelton from the WCC series, many others whom I admire.

This sport is just a lot of fun with a bunch of cool people involved.

Nevertheless, somehow, big groupers (and sharks) seem to be attracted to me for some reason. In addition to somehow being fortunate with big groupers, I've also done plenty of stupid things, which I may share someday.

I've done a ton of experimenting with equipment and have built my own guns at one time. I currently use a 52" Rhino with a quickload line and love it. I might try a Commercial like Kevin's sometime. I sometimes dive the WCC series, always dive the St Pete Open, I'm the MC. This year I also did the freedive state tourney, first annual Tarpon Springs tourney, and Southern Open as well, way more than the last few years. Had a great time.

See you around Reef Raider!

John Out
Old 11-17-2002, 11:46 AM   #27
Screen Name
Bubble Pack Junkie

Oh, Sorry, this was about regulators

I have a new Dive Rite, which seems to work real well. My wife won a Scubapro MK 20 (titanium) last year, its a nice rig also. I just dont follow why you would make a regulator first stage lighter. So you can put more weight on your weight belt?

John Out
Old 11-17-2002, 02:29 PM   #28
Reef Raider
Free Shafter

Some one tryed to tell me some shit about flying with your gear GO figger?? But at that price who would not want it ?

Last edited by Reef Raider; 11-17-2002 at 06:28 PM.
Reef Raider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2002, 05:18 PM   #29
Fish_Dip

I have owned and dove many regs. The Apeks tx100 is perhaps the best bang for the buck workhorse that was ever made. You can diassemble it underwater on a deco and keep on trucking. It breathes like a dream (once you take a new unit apart, clean it and turn it down, same as any new reg) and has hose angles perfect for a DIR configuration, if you have chosen that path.
Old 12-09-2002, 08:57 PM   #30
fishhunta

i work at a dive shop and would never buy anything but apecks. i own a scubapro mk25/s600- its a piece of shit. i think its going on ebay soon. as far as the apecks-they all have very similar internal components, just different casings, thats what makes the price difference, so i dive a atx50, it breathes just as good as the 200, but its $200 cheaper. i swear to god, you could leave it in your closet for three years, take it out and run it over with a truck, and then dive it to 200ft without a problem. ps-do you notice a direct coorolation between who buys the most advertising space in rodales and who gets the good reviews? must be a coincedece. don't trust a magazine, ask a commercial diver or someone who works in a shop-i am both
on the objects of benevolence,
the money of their constituents."
James Madison

www.variancharters.com
fishhunta is offline   Reply With Quote