Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > Tournament and Event Archives > 2008 Tournament Archives > 1st Annual Rocky Mountain Spearfishing Series Championships

1st Annual Rocky Mountain Spearfishing Series Championships 3 states, 4 tournaments, 1 Grand Champion

Old 05-30-2008, 01:15 PM   #46
scubadown16

Re: 1st Annual Rocky Mountain Spearfishing Series Championships

Hey Everyone,

We are about a week away from kicking off our series of tournaments in the Rocky Mountain Region. Yuba Reservoir in Utah is the 1st stop in our series of four tournaments and it looks like its going to be big event. I am already getting pre registrations mailed to me and it looks like we are going to have a size able turnout. Because of this I need to know who else is planning on attending so I can plan to have enough food for everyone. Because of the laws in Utah I am going to have to cap our event off at 50 people. If your coming please let me know so I can put your name on our list so you have a spot. I just spoke to Jeff Rasmussen the head ranger at the lake and he is excited that we are coming to take a bunch of carp out of the lake. He said that the water has been warming up and that he is seeing a bunch of carp moving up into the shallower bays and areas... We will be running our staging area out of Oasis Camp Grounds and Boat Ramp. It is located on the West side of the lake. I am planning on being at the lake from early morning of the 6th. My camp site number is no. 3 So please feel free to come by and say hello if your camping overnight of the 6th. We will be setting up our registration area at the Day Use Pavilion next to the boat ramp at Oasis at 6am on the 7th. We will be taking registrations all day however I will be personally cutting out of the registrations at 8:20am to start our briefing. Tournament will shotgun start at 9am. Bruce Boyd is taking care of cooking your hot meal if you choose to participate in that. The cost is 5 dollars. He is planning a hot spaghetti dinner with garlic bread and salad. We will be selling T-shirts and sweat shirts of our event so if your interested in purchasing them please come early to take care of that.

After the tournament is over we will be having our weight-ins at the same location as our registration. I will have two Certified scales to make the process run quickly and smooth. We will then have our awards ceremony. I have put together a great prize table. So, we will be awarding prizes to the novice division out to 5th place as well as for biggest game fish and biggest rough fish. We will be awarding a hard luck prize as well. Pro division will receive cash prizes up to 3rd place.

I have a compost recycling center that is asking for our un-wanted carp and other rough fish. So if your able to stick around and help with transporting them the 4 miles to the back side of the lake where the compost center is located that would be great and truly appreciated... All game fish that are harvested will be taken by those who harvested them. If you choose to not take them home please don't shoot them.

Here is the list of Sponsors and prizes for our Series.

20Fathoms Gun, Fins,and shafts
DUI Bag
Armor Bags Gun Bag
Poseidon Custom Guns 100.00 G.C.
Dive Rescue Int'l Knives,GPS,Lights,and Ascent alarm
High Plains Scuba Wetsuit and Mask
Pelaj Shirts and Knives
Orca Spearguns 110cm Gun
HammerHead Gloves,shirts,55cmGun,Sweatshirt
Hardcore Spearfishing Shirts
Spearfishingworld.com 100cm Gun
Helter Skeletons Artwork
Otter Box Dry Boxes
Lucky Joes Gift Certificates
Stone House Gift Certificates
Justin Fox Back Back
Myself Dry Bag
Monster Energy Drinks Energy Drinks and swag

I want to thank you all for your participation in making this such a great event and I look forward to meeting you all.

James Hardesty
Rocky Mountain Spearfishing
Po Box 272162
Ft. Collins Colorado 80527
720-422-5576
scubadown16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 03:22 PM   #47
sticknrelease
Inflatable Floats

Re: 1st Annual Rocky Mountain Spearfishing Series Championships

Only 3 and a half weeks until Lake McConaughy!!! Nebraska, any spearos coming out to show us how it's done?

Questions about the Fox Float? Send them to Foxfloats@gmail.com

www.foxfloats.com
sticknrelease is offline   Reply With Quote