Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > United States Geographical Locations > California Spearfishing

California Spearfishing Talk here about spearfishing on California's Pacific Coast, and post those reports and photos!

Old 09-29-2009, 02:51 PM   #1
zenspearo

If this doesn't give spearos the chills--really screwed up.

http://www.spearboard.com/showthread.php?t=92342

The Miami guys are fighting a battle that singles out spearfishing for outlaw.

Don't say it can't happen here in CA. It's gonna to be tried. The Children Pool crazies, the animal rights organizations, the oil and development interests--they will try to identify a weak link and attack it. They won't stop until you all go vegans, and we are off "their" oceans.

Quit the infighting guys--don't give them that weak link.

For eye-opening into how eff up and extreme some of these people on the animal rights issues are, read these.

http://negotiationisover.com/?p=2542

Quit fighting among ourselves. Stay sharp and active and united and work smarter within the system--that's the only way to ensure our spearing lifestyle will survive.

Please generalize the LOCATION/TIME of your spearing reports.

Last edited by zenspearo; 09-29-2009 at 03:36 PM.
zenspearo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 03:20 PM   #2
lettersmooth
Golden stater

Re: If this doesn't give spearos the chills--really screwed up.

Good looking out.

I know I can do a better job of networking with spearos, and I should since I live in Monterey right by Julia Packard's Aquarium.

The sport is growing though, myself and all the noob discussiong lately are proof. Mobilize and work together. Watch this closely.
lettersmooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 03:20 PM   #3
Doing Tables

Zen:

What do the oil development interests have to do with any of this? Is it just PR money they are spending to make themselves look good and were just the victims?
5869 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 03:24 PM   #4
lettersmooth
Golden stater

PS the 2nd link has malaware, @ least for me, using Chrome.
lettersmooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 03:38 PM   #5
MiguelT
thbtbtbtbbtt

Scary thought Joe, seems like it would be really easy for them to pull off too since we're a small microcosm in the fishery out here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenspearo View Post
For eye-opening into how eff up and extreme some of these people on the animal rights issues are, read these.

http://negotiationisover.com/?p=2542
http://negotiationisover.com/?p=1893
The scariest parts about those links is that one picture says "it's ok to kill humans to save animals, and at the bottom it says:

Quote:
She has gone into classrooms and re-connected the dots for children: animals are not food. Kerri Milam is a militant abolitionist.
I would sue the absolute **** out of whichever school let an extremist whose sole reason for not committing murder is "I don't want to go to jail" come in and preach a militant agenda to my kids.
Old 09-29-2009, 03:40 PM   #6
MiguelT
thbtbtbtbbtt

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5869 View Post
Zen:

What do the oil development interests have to do with any of this? Is it just PR money they are spending to make themselves look good and were just the victims?
Oil rigs can be built on closed areas, thus the coincidence of members of high level oil companies present as RSG reps in the MLPA's.
Old 09-29-2009, 03:42 PM   #7
Chris Lupin

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiguelT View Post

I would sue the absolute **** out of whichever school let an extremist whose sole reason for not committing murder is "I don't want to go to jail" come in and preach a militant agenda to my kids.
What school would let that crazy lady come speak to kids on why its better to kill humans than animals. I like how she listed I don't want to go to jail as her only reason for not killing humans. What a hypocrite, its not ok to kill animals but its ok to kill humans?
Old 09-29-2009, 03:43 PM   #8
Doing Tables

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiguelT View Post
Oil rigs can be built on closed areas, thus the coincidence of members of high level oil companies present as RSG reps in the MLPA's.
But they can also be built in open areas, no? If so, then I still don't see the benefit other than window dressing.
5869 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 03:46 PM   #9
zenspearo

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5869 View Post
But they can also be built in open areas, no? If so, then I still don't see the benefit other than window dressing.
Fishermen are among the most vociferous opposition to oil rigs in their fishing areas...

If fishermen are not allowed to fish, they have no room to protest or can't ask for compensation.

Please generalize the LOCATION/TIME of your spearing reports.
zenspearo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 03:50 PM   #10
C monster
Do Rad Dough

It is truly the beginning of the end. Not only of hunting or fishing, but of our great country as we know it. I never thought I'd ever say it, but I'm glad I'm not a young man... What our kids are facing in the next 50 years of the country's development, is not looking good. The youth of the United States is much more concerned with their cell phones, ipods, and what piece of jewelry their gonna stick in their naive faces, instead of the freedoms that will surely be taken from them in the near future. It is this exact fact that is really the demise of what's happening here. Young people don't enjoy the outdoors anymore... The internet and technology has taken over their interest. How many kids do you see even just playing outside now, as opposed to when we were kids??? In their ignorance, by putting those stupid plugs in their ears, and supporting all this "go green" bullshit, they're giving merit to a once very small group of people, who used to be the minority. The enviros may be crazy, but they're not stupid. They see the dimwitted nature of American youth and what's important to them, and they're capitalizing on it. How the phuck do you think Obama got elected??? It's all over... It's just a question of how long it takes.

SC
C monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 03:53 PM   #11
Turtleshagga
Alan

Zenspearo,

Thanks for posting this thread. May I suggest that consideration is given to make it easy to copy/paste a petition and send it where appropriate, similar to the California MLPA initiatives, and that the example is followed on all of the local threads.

Don't forget that there is a large international following of Spearboard and the potential closures may affect us all, should we be fortunate enough to visit your shores. Even if we never dive your local spots, this could set precedents based (sadly) upon incomplete science and eventually affect us closer to home.

You've got my support.

Safe diving,
Alan Rybacki.
Old 09-29-2009, 03:56 PM   #12
MiguelT
thbtbtbtbbtt

Sandy that is the best avatar I've seen in a long time, I think some peta activist just had a stroke looking at it
Old 09-29-2009, 04:14 PM   #13
JDC 92
dirty water diver

i sure hope she comes into my school and tries to say that shit...i just might get suspended...and so will plenty of the other good ol boys who love eatin REAL food
Old 09-29-2009, 04:14 PM   #14
Wind_in_his_hair

Quote:
Originally Posted by C monster View Post
It is truly the beginning of the end. Not only of hunting or fishing, but of our great country as we know it. I never thought I'd ever say it, but I'm glad I'm not a young man... What our kids are facing in the next 50 years of the country's development, is not looking good. The youth of the United States is much more concerned with their cell phones, ipods, and what piece of jewelry their gonna stick in their naive faces, instead of the freedoms that will surely be taken from them in the near future. It is this exact fact that is really the demise of what's happening here. Young people don't enjoy the outdoors anymore... The internet and technology has taken over their interest. How many kids do you see even just playing outside now, as opposed to when we were kids??? In their ignorance, by putting those stupid plugs in their ears, and supporting all this "go green" bullshit, they're giving merit to a once very small group of people, who used to be the minority. The enviros may be crazy, but they're not stupid. They see the dimwitted nature of American youth and what's important to them, and they're capitalizing on it. How the phuck do you think Obama got elected??? It's all over... It's just a question of how long it takes.

SC
I agree with your manifesto.
Wind_in_his_hair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 04:23 PM   #15
Mobius1
ADCI Diver

Send a message via AIM to Mobius1 Send a message via Yahoo to Mobius1

that second animal site made me laugh these people are insane.
i wish i could hack the site with slaughter house wall paper they would love it.