Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > Spearfishing Gear > All Other Gear

All Other Gear Tanks, BCDs, Regs, Fins, Stringers, and all other gear we use in Spearfishing.

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 9 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 01-18-2010, 02:11 PM   #31
Samik
Nature Laughs Last

Re: Best freedive mask on the market

I used a sphera years ago, the distortion from the curved plastic lenses drove me crazy. still have one here, free to good home...

I LOVE my Omer Bandit for the deep warm stuff, and my Omer Alien sees permanent duty up here where I like a little more of my face covered... both quite low volume and low profile
Samik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 08:39 PM   #32
Fondueset
Carp Whisperer

Me me me!
I like the sphera because it corrects my vision underwater. Been down to 47.5 meters with it so far. Technisub micro rocks for sure - I have two. Haven't tried the mystic.

If you want to mail it I'm at

Christopher Morey
283 W. Silver Lake rd. North
Traverse City, Mi 49684

Otherwise I should be out in BC in the next few months.
Old 01-22-2010, 08:45 PM   #33
Samik
Nature Laughs Last

You coming back to BC Chris? Bringing Claire? I have some moose steak in the freezer....

the mask is spoken for, but I'm waiting for some postal details....
Old 01-22-2010, 10:57 PM   #34
HGreen305

what are your guys thoughts on the mares essence liquidskin? Its a frameless one lens mask. I like it so far....
HGreen305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 09:00 PM   #35
kjflyfish
snorklin'

I bought the mystic a week ago. Turns out that even the best mask ever doesn't work too good if it doesn't fit right.
Old 07-28-2010, 02:55 PM   #36
Alex-Alvarado

Thumbs up Re: Best freedive mask on the market

I have the Aqualung Technisub Micromask and the Omer Bandit Exclusive and those are the best mask I ever had. Bandit Exclusive lenses are great, specially in shallow water, it is a very low volume and very light mask. Comfortable feeling well.

MY VOTE FOR THE OMER BANDIT EXCLUSIVE.

Alex-Alvarado
Alex-Alvarado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 03:04 PM   #37
MahiMan85

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjflyfish View Post
I bought the mystic a week ago. Turns out that even the best mask ever doesn't work too good if it doesn't fit right.

Probably the best info. in this whole thread

http://www.nautilusspearfishing.com/

http://www.youtube.com/spearheadstv

F.I.I. Freediving Classes in Miami
Spearfishing Gear and Acc.
MahiMan85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 07:47 AM   #38
Disco

I know im resurrecting an old thread here but I used the search feature to try and answer my question so I wouldn't get flamed. Would a regular dive shop have freediving masks in inventory for me to try on?
Disco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 08:09 AM   #39
cww180

I really like the micromask also fits a lot of people.
cww180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 10:24 AM   #40
Alexrom1207

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disco View Post
I know im resurrecting an old thread here but I used the search feature to try and answer my question so I wouldn't get flamed. Would a regular dive shop have freediving masks in inventory for me to try on?
Go in your regional section on this board, and ask people there about good dive-shops in the area. If you're from Florida, chances are you'll find lots of good freedive stuff at almost any dive shop. If you're from Wisconsin, you might be out of luck. Anywhere in between, you've got to ask around.
Old 07-13-2011, 12:10 PM   #41
Disco

Thanks for the responses guys. Im in nw florida where there is a ton of scuba. I used to work at a dive shop 17 years ago and dont remember us having any freedive equipment. Ill make some calls.
Disco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 02:02 PM   #42
SILENT STALKER

Hey, just wondering what everyone's opinion is on mirrored masks? I bought a JB Esclapez Visio 1, wound up being my g/f's mask since it fit her better (I have the same problem someone else mentioned with masks many masks hitting the brow area). I was planning on buying the E Visio 2 (larger frame/lenses) but have tried on the mystic and LOVE the fit. Just wish I could get mirror lenses... There's a mask that also fit me really well, a Seadive with anti-fog
Amazon.com: Oceanways by Seadive Super HD Anti-Fog UV Blocker Scuba Mask: Sports & Outdoors Amazon.com: Oceanways by Seadive Super HD Anti-Fog UV Blocker Scuba Mask: Sports & Outdoors
wondering if anyone has any experience with this brand?
Anyway, pros/cons of mirror lenses. I know someone told me one con: you can't see your fellow divers eyes which can relay a lot of information (safety-wise, excitement, etc). But what about the added advantage of the fish not seeing your eyes? Ah, too many choices.
Sporasub mystic, E visio 2, or this Seadive thing (that one on amazon is a solid $20+ less than anywhere else I've found it)... thanks in advance for all the opinions.
SILENT STALKER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 07:47 AM   #43
BigMako
Keith Simmons

Just a late note here, Atomic is releasing their new Venom mask in about a month. Best optical glass on the planet. Until this mask is released though, the Technisub Micro is tops in my book.
Old 08-30-2011, 08:19 AM   #44
nghtmr513

I have the omer alien. To be fair, it is the only freedive mask I own or have ever worn. But it fits me perfectly and I can wear it all day and it doesn't annoy me like the scuba masks I used to wear.
nghtmr513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 03:56 PM   #45
quickdraw

Quote:
Originally Posted by SILENT STALKER View Post
Hey, just wondering what everyone's opinion is on mirrored masks? I bought a JB Esclapez Visio 1, wound up being my g/f's mask since it fit her better (I have the same problem someone else mentioned with masks many masks hitting the brow area). I was planning on buying the E Visio 2 (larger frame/lenses) but have tried on the mystic and LOVE the fit. Just wish I could get mirror lenses... There's a mask that also fit me really well, a Seadive with anti-fog Amazon.com: Oceanways by Seadive Super HD Anti-Fog UV Blocker Scuba Mask: Sports & Outdoors
wondering if anyone has any experience with this brand?
Anyway, pros/cons of mirror lenses. I know someone told me one con: you can't see your fellow divers eyes which can relay a lot of information (safety-wise, excitement, etc). But what about the added advantage of the fish not seeing your eyes? Ah, too many choices.
Sporasub mystic, E visio 2, or this Seadive thing (that one on amazon is a solid $20+ less than anywhere else I've found it)... thanks in advance for all the opinions.
i use the seadiver hd with rayblocker and love it so much i bought a extra one, the lenses are amazing yellows and reds are so much brighter
quickdraw is offline   Reply With Quote