Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > Spearfishing Gear > All About Guns

All About Guns What's your weapon of choice, and why? Discuss the beloved speargun here!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-03-2014, 01:33 AM   #16
2fishin2
Pacific Spearo
 
2fishin2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Age: 56
Posts: 3,079
Re: What 130 Speargun should I get?

ok maybe i am a little jealous
2fishin2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 03:22 AM   #17
hau
peskadot
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Guam
Posts: 1,700
Re: What 130 Speargun should I get?

Quote:
Originally Posted by West_Coast_X View Post
Most young Americans will enjoy their highest standard of living while being supported by their parents.
I can use this ^^^ quote. Thanks
__________________
If I hit the loto I'm gonna buy a FRV for every freedive spearo.
SPEARFISHING and RECREATIONAL FISHING NEEDS THE NRA
hau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 04:32 AM   #18
splitfish
Spearboard Sponsor

Neptonic Systems
 
splitfish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Santa Cruz
Age: 43
Posts: 676
Re: What 130 Speargun should I get?

WEST COAST X is on fire tonight Funny Stuff
__________________
NEPTONIC SYSTEMS
SPEARFISHING GEAR & GUN BUILDING SUPPLIES
www.neptonicsystems.com
splitfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 12:40 PM   #19
Tommy T
Registered User
 
Tommy T's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: San Francisco ca usa
Age: 58
Posts: 932
Re: What 130 Speargun should I get?

Quote:
Originally Posted by West_Coast_X View Post
Happily, if you purchase an American made gun or other product you actually keep Americans working and American factories open rather than sending your hard earned dollars overseas to support the Chinese military buildup.

I would wager a fair sum that a Sea Sniper will lose less % value over its lifetime than a plastic pipe gun.
I may be mistaken but the AR15 designed by Tin Man & Griswold, for Dano at Mako Spearguns, is made in the USA. I asked & was told that the handle is made in Minnesota & the American reverse mech made in California. Correct me if I'm wrong but the American reverse mech that Mako uses is all stainless steel with no plastic parts (I looked on their website). The guys behind the design, manufacturing, & marketing of this latest gun seem to be pretty damn fine Americans to me! T
Tommy T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 01:36 PM   #20
"Yard-Sale Josh"
Kyle Porker
 
"Yard-Sale Josh"'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: ur moms
Age: 26
Posts: 6,910
Re: What 130 Speargun should I get?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy T View Post
I may be mistaken but the AR15 designed by Tin Man & Griswold, for Dano at Mako Spearguns, is made in the USA. I asked & was told that the handle is made in Minnesota & the American reverse mech made in California. Correct me if I'm wrong but the American reverse mech that Mako uses is all stainless steel with no plastic parts (I looked on their website). The guys behind the design, manufacturing, & marketing of this latest gun seem to be pretty damn fine Americans to me! T
How about the pipe? Shafts are from South Africa too.
__________________
For all your diving needs Petros has you covered
www.spearamerica.com
instagram: yardsalejosh
"Yard-Sale Josh" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 03:40 PM   #21
Tommy T
Registered User
 
Tommy T's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: San Francisco ca usa
Age: 58
Posts: 932
Re: What 130 Speargun should I get?

I'm pretty sure the enclosed track barrels are made in Pennsylvania USA & not exactly sure where Primeline is manufactured but I assumed it was in the good ol US of A too.
Should all this finger pointing of foreign made spearguns include the Mediterranean manufactures too?...strictly speaking they're not "Made in the USA". Just a thought. T
Tommy T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 04:37 PM   #22
Tommy T
Registered User
 
Tommy T's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: San Francisco ca usa
Age: 58
Posts: 932
Re: What 130 Speargun should I get?

Quote:
Originally Posted by "Yard-Sale Josh" View Post
How about the pipe? Shafts are from South Africa too.
Hey Kyle,
Since you showed up in this discussion (plus you're an advocate for Pathos) could any of the Pathos or Bluetec guns could be considered made in the USA?
Tommy T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 05:50 PM   #23
"Yard-Sale Josh"
Kyle Porker
 
"Yard-Sale Josh"'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: ur moms
Age: 26
Posts: 6,910
Re: What 130 Speargun should I get?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy T View Post
Hey Kyle,
Since you showed up in this discussion (plus you're an advocate for Pathos) could any of the Pathos or Bluetec guns could be considered made in the USA?
hell no, but it is all made in greece/eu and they make all their own pipes and parts in house and design ALL their own shit
I also have zero affiliation with bleutec, I just really really love their gear and guns. We have no one in the states making comparable stuff, not a one.
__________________
For all your diving needs Petros has you covered
www.spearamerica.com
instagram: yardsalejosh
"Yard-Sale Josh" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 07:12 PM   #24
isotopez
Registered User
 
isotopez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 573
Re: What 130 Speargun should I get?

I gladly spend more $ on comparable products when I know one is manufactured here in the states.

I guess I grew up in the generation though where I saw idiots pump pop out surfboards over seas and my shaper buddies losing food to child labor exploitation. Happily content with ignorance so many consumers are.

Back on track though!! I digress.. used 130 seasniper. Done!

USA USA
isotopez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 08:20 PM   #25
Tommy T
Registered User
 
Tommy T's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: San Francisco ca usa
Age: 58
Posts: 932
Re: What 130 Speargun should I get?

Quote:
Originally Posted by "Yard-Sale Josh" View Post
hell no, but it is all made in greece/eu and they make all their own pipes and parts in house and design ALL their own shit
I also have zero affiliation with bleutec, I just really really love their gear and guns. We have no one in the states making comparable stuff, not a one.
Maybe you should look into some of the labor problems they have in Greece/EU before espousing such a sunny picture.
Tommy T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 09:17 PM   #26
"Yard-Sale Josh"
Kyle Porker
 
"Yard-Sale Josh"'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: ur moms
Age: 26
Posts: 6,910
Re: What 130 Speargun should I get?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy T View Post
Maybe you should look into some of the labor problems they have in Greece/EU before espousing such a sunny picture.
Labor/social problems at a macroeconomic level have nothing to due with the quality of equipment produced by single company's.
Pathos and bluetec design and make everything in their respective houses, they don't order anything from china or elsewhere, even the pipes.
I honestly have no clue what you are trying to say here.
__________________
For all your diving needs Petros has you covered
www.spearamerica.com
instagram: yardsalejosh
"Yard-Sale Josh" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 09:32 PM   #27
miguelitro
Me llamo Mike Candra
 
miguelitro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: el norte... hijueputa
Age: 39
Posts: 1,318
Re: What 130 Speargun should I get?

Invest in an education and someday you will be able to afford this hobby
Mike
__________________
IGAF
miguelitro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 09:33 PM   #28
2fishin2
Pacific Spearo
 
2fishin2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Age: 56
Posts: 3,079
Re: What 130 Speargun should I get?

Quote:
Originally Posted by "Yard-Sale Josh" View Post
Labor/social problems at a macroeconomic level have nothing to due with the quality of equipment produced by single company's.
Pathos and bluetec design and make everything in their respective houses, they don't order anything from china or elsewhere, even the pipes.
I honestly have no clue what you are trying to say here.
Yes you do, its either Mako or nothing at all.
2fishin2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 09:38 PM   #29
apexdiver
Tony
 
apexdiver's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 2,004
Re: What 130 Speargun should I get?

I have to say I have never shot any euro gun like pathos.It feels like an extension of your arm.I have shot Mako,rob allen,cressi,omer(and sporasub),hammerhead,mares,and probably a few others I can't think of and pathos is definitely one of my favs so far.I was skeptical at first because I am not going lie they looked cheap to me.The only negative I have found is that the trigger on my open pro is a little stiff(which I can always upgrade my mech )but overall I am digging this gun and will most likely get another.The gun also feels alot smaller than it actually is,I don't know if that's just me or what but yea.
apexdiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 10:28 PM   #30
jfjf
.
 
jfjf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Palm Bch County
Posts: 10,120
Re: What 130 Speargun should I get?

Quote:
Originally Posted by apexdiver View Post
I have to say I have never shot any euro gun like pathos.It feels like an extension of your arm.I have shot Mako,rob allen,cressi,omer(and sporasub),hammerhead,mares,and probably a few others I can't think of and pathos is definitely one of my favs so far.I was skeptical at first because I am not going lie they looked cheap to me.The only negative I have found is that the trigger on my open pro is a little stiff(which I can always upgrade my mech )but overall I am digging this gun and will most likely get another.The gun also feels alot smaller than it actually is,I don't know if that's just me or what but yea.
It takes a 14 yr old kid to add something relevant to the conversation. He said WHY he likes a particular gun.

The OP, (also a 14-yr old) asks what kind of INEXPENSIVE gun he should think about (for his FIRST big gun) and the adults recommend $2000 guns and argue macroeconomic theory, international parts sourcing and other irrelevant crap. No wonder the kids don't listen to adults
jfjf is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
blue water, bluewater gun, mako spearguns, rob allen, speargun

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:11 AM.


The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Social Media Forum Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©2002 - 2014 Spearboard.com