Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > Spearfishing Gear > All About Guns

All About Guns What's your weapon of choice, and why? Discuss the beloved speargun here!

Old 04-03-2014, 01:33 AM   #16
2fishin2
Pacific Spearo

Re: What 130 Speargun should I get?

ok maybe i am a little jealous
2fishin2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 03:22 AM   #17
hau
peskadot

Quote:
Originally Posted by West_Coast_X View Post
Most young Americans will enjoy their highest standard of living while being supported by their parents.
I can use this ^^^ quote. Thanks
Old 04-03-2014, 04:32 AM   #18
splitfish
Spearboard Sponsor

Neptonic Systems

WEST COAST X is on fire tonight Funny Stuff
splitfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 12:40 PM   #19
Tommy T

Quote:
Originally Posted by West_Coast_X View Post
Happily, if you purchase an American made gun or other product you actually keep Americans working and American factories open rather than sending your hard earned dollars overseas to support the Chinese military buildup.

I would wager a fair sum that a Sea Sniper will lose less % value over its lifetime than a plastic pipe gun.
I may be mistaken but the AR15 designed by Tin Man & Griswold, for Dano at Mako Spearguns, is made in the USA. I asked & was told that the handle is made in Minnesota & the American reverse mech made in California. Correct me if I'm wrong but the American reverse mech that Mako uses is all stainless steel with no plastic parts (I looked on their website). The guys behind the design, manufacturing, & marketing of this latest gun seem to be pretty damn fine Americans to me! T
Tommy T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 01:36 PM   #20
"Yard-Sale Josh"
Kyle Porker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy T View Post
I may be mistaken but the AR15 designed by Tin Man & Griswold, for Dano at Mako Spearguns, is made in the USA. I asked & was told that the handle is made in Minnesota & the American reverse mech made in California. Correct me if I'm wrong but the American reverse mech that Mako uses is all stainless steel with no plastic parts (I looked on their website). The guys behind the design, manufacturing, & marketing of this latest gun seem to be pretty damn fine Americans to me! T
How about the pipe? Shafts are from South Africa too.
"Yard-Sale Josh" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 03:40 PM   #21
Tommy T

I'm pretty sure the enclosed track barrels are made in Pennsylvania USA & not exactly sure where Primeline is manufactured but I assumed it was in the good ol US of A too.
Should all this finger pointing of foreign made spearguns include the Mediterranean manufactures too?...strictly speaking they're not "Made in the USA". Just a thought. T
Old 04-03-2014, 04:37 PM   #22
Tommy T

Quote:
Originally Posted by "Yard-Sale Josh" View Post
How about the pipe? Shafts are from South Africa too.
Hey Kyle,
Since you showed up in this discussion (plus you're an advocate for Pathos) could any of the Pathos or Bluetec guns could be considered made in the USA?
Old 04-03-2014, 05:50 PM   #23
"Yard-Sale Josh"
Kyle Porker

Quote:
Hey Kyle,
Since you showed up in this discussion (plus you're an advocate for Pathos) could any of the Pathos or Bluetec guns could be considered made in the USA?
hell no, but it is all made in greece/eu and they make all their own pipes and parts in house and design ALL their own shit
I also have zero affiliation with bleutec, I just really really love their gear and guns. We have no one in the states making comparable stuff, not a one.
Old 04-03-2014, 07:12 PM   #24
isotopez

I gladly spend more $ on comparable products when I know one is manufactured here in the states.

I guess I grew up in the generation though where I saw idiots pump pop out surfboards over seas and my shaper buddies losing food to child labor exploitation. Happily content with ignorance so many consumers are.

Back on track though!! I digress.. used 130 seasniper. Done!

USA USA
isotopez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 08:20 PM   #25
Tommy T

Quote:
hell no, but it is all made in greece/eu and they make all their own pipes and parts in house and design ALL their own shit
I also have zero affiliation with bleutec, I just really really love their gear and guns. We have no one in the states making comparable stuff, not a one.
Maybe you should look into some of the labor problems they have in Greece/EU before espousing such a sunny picture.
Old 04-03-2014, 09:17 PM   #26
"Yard-Sale Josh"
Kyle Porker

Quote:
Maybe you should look into some of the labor problems they have in Greece/EU before espousing such a sunny picture.
Labor/social problems at a macroeconomic level have nothing to due with the quality of equipment produced by single company's.
Pathos and bluetec design and make everything in their respective houses, they don't order anything from china or elsewhere, even the pipes.
I honestly have no clue what you are trying to say here.
Old 04-03-2014, 09:32 PM   #27
miguelitro
Me llamo Mike Candra

Invest in an education and someday you will be able to afford this hobby
Mike
Old 04-03-2014, 09:33 PM   #28
2fishin2
Pacific Spearo

Quote:
Labor/social problems at a macroeconomic level have nothing to due with the quality of equipment produced by single company's.
Pathos and bluetec design and make everything in their respective houses, they don't order anything from china or elsewhere, even the pipes.
I honestly have no clue what you are trying to say here.
Yes you do, its either Mako or nothing at all.
2fishin2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 09:38 PM   #29
apexdiver
Tony

I have to say I have never shot any euro gun like pathos.It feels like an extension of your arm.I have shot Mako,rob allen,cressi,omer(and sporasub),hammerhead,mares,and probably a few others I can't think of and pathos is definitely one of my favs so far.I was skeptical at first because I am not going lie they looked cheap to me.The only negative I have found is that the trigger on my open pro is a little stiff(which I can always upgrade my mech )but overall I am digging this gun and will most likely get another.The gun also feels alot smaller than it actually is,I don't know if that's just me or what but yea.
apexdiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 10:28 PM   #30
jfjf

Quote:
Originally Posted by apexdiver View Post
I have to say I have never shot any euro gun like pathos.It feels like an extension of your arm.I have shot Mako,rob allen,cressi,omer(and sporasub),hammerhead,mares,and probably a few others I can't think of and pathos is definitely one of my favs so far.I was skeptical at first because I am not going lie they looked cheap to me.The only negative I have found is that the trigger on my open pro is a little stiff(which I can always upgrade my mech )but overall I am digging this gun and will most likely get another.The gun also feels alot smaller than it actually is,I don't know if that's just me or what but yea.
It takes a 14 yr old kid to add something relevant to the conversation. He said WHY he likes a particular gun.

The OP, (also a 14-yr old) asks what kind of INEXPENSIVE gun he should think about (for his FIRST big gun) and the adults recommend $2000 guns and argue macroeconomic theory, international parts sourcing and other irrelevant crap. No wonder the kids don't listen to adults
jfjf is offline   Reply With Quote