Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > United States Geographical Locations > Texas Gulf Coast

Texas Gulf Coast The Gulf Coast of the great state of Texas all the way from its border with Louisiana to Mexico is represented here

Old 11-08-2006, 07:56 PM   #1
bug_power
Team Jetty Jumper!

Will it ever clear up!

So how long do we have to wait for visibility to return?!?!
bug_power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2006, 12:04 AM   #2
adriangarz1206

Re: Will it ever clear up!

Sorry buggy, we probably wont see viz for about 2 months, unless something happens this month its over...On a good note, I got one last dive about 2 weeks ago, got a nice snapper about 7 pounds, a grouper, and about 4 schoolie snapper 3-4 #..Lets pray to the gods for one more calm weekend to shoot a wahoo, mahi or a tuna, any of those would be fine to end this year with a bang...

Cesar
South Texas Freedivers
adriangarz1206 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2006, 07:37 PM   #3
T.Scott

Cesar - did you get those at the jetty? I'll be down there the first week or two in Dec. for work. Lets hook up for some adult beverages if the viz. is bad, or even after if it doesn't. And nope, it didn't come today. RATS!
scott
T.Scott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2006, 09:30 PM   #4
los mentirosos
Dave Mote

I'm glad to see someone posting. I thought maybe the so. gulf was through for the year! I was snorkling in packery channel 3 weeks ago and could count my fingers, as long as I held them against my mask. I guess the vis is over till next year probably. I don't suppose the gulf will offer up any 2 to 3 foot weekends to take the boat out? I am starting to gear up for red fish and flounder inside (bays and intracoastal). Has anybody dove the wreck in the Liddyann channel? I heard there are lots af sheepshead there. I would type more but I'm fairly loaded and will start sounding disconnected. See Ya.....
Old 11-09-2006, 10:42 PM   #5
bug_power
Team Jetty Jumper!

I've got a redfish spot if any of you guys got a Kayak! I don't know if I could get my boat boat to where it's at, but by kayak it's a 5 minute paddle if that! It's out by rockport. I've also got some shark fishing gear and winter is primetime for some big one's on PINS. Let me know of your down to light a bonfire, wet some lines and drown our livers!
Old 11-11-2006, 12:24 AM   #6
Seahuntress
The Spinster

Bug, in Texas its time to put the boats up this time of year, and make some money. I'll see you offshore in the Spring with a purse full of money.
Old 11-11-2006, 01:03 AM   #7
Scubaru
Texas Shooters

Make some $$$? Are you one of Santa's helpers? It's time to blast ducks and cash in on fall flounder runs, work hungry trout under the birds, and sling carbon shafts at Venado Grandes!!!!! Can you say mesquite grilled bacon wrapped quail & dove?

RFA Texas member
www.rfatexas.org

New FRA member
Scubaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2006, 02:27 AM   #8
Seahuntress
The Spinster

Can you say mesquite grilled bacon wrapped quail & dove?

Yes I can! But, I didn't get to shoot this year. But, I do have a purse full of money, and I'm sitting on a bank. Call me
Old 11-11-2006, 09:49 AM   #9
bug_power
Team Jetty Jumper!

Last time I had a purse full of cash, they were talking felony charges.... I bought a goose call last night to sit in the back yard with....now if I can just get a few Sandhills to come by. If you see a guy near Lake Mathis sitting in his backyard with a beer and a shotgun...don't call the cops. I'm just Jonesing for a spearfishing trip.
Old 11-11-2006, 08:04 PM   #10
HydroHunter

What do ya'll mean 'quit for the year?' There is lots of good spearing still. Some of the best fish I've shot have been in the winter months. January/February are some of the best months. Lots of grouper and AJ's. As soon as the wave height drops just a little, we are out there. Don't quit yet. You might as well move up north.
HydroHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2006, 10:58 PM   #11
Scubaru
Texas Shooters

Mike, holler if you need short notice crew!

RFA Texas member
www.rfatexas.org

New FRA member
Scubaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 10:45 AM   #12
Seahuntress
The Spinster

Hydrohunter, I do have to work at sometime. I do want to buy some new gear from you, and new spearguns. Since me and my buddy are good at loosing spearguns. Yes, the winter months are the best, and I want to get out and pop some grouper with the guys. Hey Hydrohunter, how much for Tech deepdiving classes? I really need to stop deepdiving on air, 160 ft on air, and I come up laughing my arse off. Loosing shafts My buddies are getting there deepdiving this winter. I'm in Houston, but visit your area on the weekends to take the boat out. So can you make me a Tech. diver?
Old 11-12-2006, 01:49 PM   #13
adriangarz1206

1-3 foot swells on Monday, more than enough to miss work, is anyone going out spearfishing? Please give me a ring 956-266-1159 or reply to the thread.

Anywhere from south padre brownsville to port a is great.

Cesar
adriangarz1206 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 07:27 PM   #14
HydroHunter

Hi Seahuntress,
I've had several people ask me about deep tech, adv. nitrox, deco, etc. I plan on getting the teaching credentials this Spring. I've been doing it for a while, but I am not certified to teach it. Now that we have moved, and with Cayman getting out of the newborn stage, things are settling down somewhat. So I will have a chance to get the certification this Spring.
As for gear; seven or eight new guns are in the shop ready to go. Scubaru, I got your message.
Happy Hunting!
HydroHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 10:19 PM   #15
Seahuntress
The Spinster

Hydrohunter,

Thanks for the information. I'm looking forward to attending your Tech. classes in the Spring. Since I've been Tech. diving on air all this time & loosing shafts. I'm excited about your new shop in my home town. It won't be long before we'll have little "Caymen" following in our footsteps. Looking forward to seeing you and your family next Spring.