Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > The Spearboard Tavern > Off Topic Area

Off Topic Area Enjoy a virtual beer at the bar, and talk about anything else on your mind that may not pertain to spearfishing.

Old 03-24-2020, 09:55 AM   #1
jfjf

You had a good run Grandpa.. yur on your own

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yCSDEilLllM

Trump says last night that he wants to open things up as the virus is just getting started, and within hours.. FOX news has the talking heads to back the idea up.

I'm more worried about the coordination between media and the administration and the over the top manipulation of the FOX viewers (whose median age is over 65, or something).

All the while there are no tests for the virus available for 99% of the population.
jfjf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2020, 01:28 PM   #2
CatDiver

Re: You had a good run Grandpa.. yur on your own

Brave man talking politics online. I happen to agree with you 100% but I suspect others here will not. It seems pretty clear you try to avoid all contact you can outside of your household for between 2-4 weeks and then assuming they have ramped up testing where it is easily available, start moving people back out towards normal with continuously decreasing contact restrictions.
CatDiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2020, 02:47 PM   #3
North Star
Max

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfjf View Post

Trump says last night that he wants to open things up as the virus is just getting started, and within hours.. FOX news has the talking heads to back the idea up.

I'm more worried about the coordination between media and the administration and the over the top manipulation of the FOX viewers (whose median age is over 65, or something).

All the while there are no tests for the virus available for 99% of the population.
Biting sharks on the nose gives you coronavirus. You are already dead. It is just a matter of time now...
Old 03-24-2020, 03:01 PM   #4
OBLIGATED

Me and the wife did the grocery shopping today.She got her parents food in one cart and I got ours in another.Her mother is going through chemo so her immune system wont take a hit or her dads that has heart issues.
We use hand sanitizer after putting groceries in the truck and she sprays alcohol on her mothers groceries at the house.
I would not want to be packed in a big city any day but now Im glad I live away from the stupidity.
Remember those who wanted open borders,loves the communists and hate America because they helped bring it here and are hindering efforts to keep things safe.Those people can choke on their lung and die.
Old 03-24-2020, 03:34 PM   #5
SEATUX

Quote:
Originally Posted by OBLIGATED View Post
Remember those who wanted open borders,loves the communists and hate America because they helped bring it here and are hindering efforts to keep things safe.Those people can choke on their lung and die.
ACTUALLY Its the upper middle class..that is traveling the World..that is bringing it back! You need to be more informed and less Prejudice !
SEATUX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2020, 03:35 PM   #6
Marcus
Naval gazer extraordinair

Quote:
It happens on the other side as well, JFJF. I don't watch ANY MSM alleged news...so there's that.
“If the natural tendencies of mankind are so bad that it is not safe to permit people to be free, how is it that the tendencies of these organizers are always good? Do not the legislators and their appointed agents also belong to the human race? Or do they believe that they themselves are made of a finer clay than the rest of mankind?”
― Frederic Bastiat, The Law
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2020, 04:51 PM   #7
CuzzA

Something to consider for divers. Even if you're young, if you catch it and end up in the 20% who have severe symptoms, your diving days may be over.

A follow up study from the original SARS virus showed permanent lung and bone damage.

Long-term bone and lung consequences associated with hospital-acquired severe acute respiratory syndrome: a 15-year follow-up from a prospective cohort study
CuzzA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2020, 06:38 PM   #8
OBLIGATED

Quote:
Originally Posted by SEATUX View Post
ACTUALLY Its the upper middle class..that is traveling the World..that is bringing it back! You need to be more informed and less Prejudice !
We have Chinese coming across our borders illegally.Think they have been tested?Italys outbreak was from Chinese workers from the garment factories.Chinese communist government didn't give ANYONE notice of the problem.
We have cities that have undocumented people with filthy habits and full of IV drug users that shit on the streets.Who pandered to them?Thats not prejudice its common sense.Guess what comes next?

https://youtu.be/J1rzgO9S5SM
Old 03-24-2020, 09:42 PM   #9
SEATUX

All the cases I've read about in the paper, or seen on TV, have been traced back to citizens that were on cruise ships or flown on trips abroad.
But carry on with your rant.
SEATUX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2020, 10:02 PM   #10
OBLIGATED

Quote:
Originally Posted by SEATUX View Post
All the cases I've read about in the paper, or seen on TV, have been traced back to citizens that were on cruise ships or flown on trips abroad.
But carry on with your rant.
I wont disagree with you on that point.You are correct but there are other factors that are going to and did make the problem worse.
Best people can do now is minimize contact and be vigilant on sanitizing.Pretty sure we had it here a few months ago.No positive test on flu."Its just a virus"people got some fever and some cold symptoms and straight into ERs and then back in some cases to ICU.They were people with asthma and other pre-existing conditions but they got hammered hard.People were staying out of crowds for fear of getting the bug.
Old 03-24-2020, 10:20 PM   #11
jfjf

Regardless of whether illegal aliens brought THIS disease or not, if the current situation does not provide a stark reminder that open borders are a significant weakness in our national security.. well .. you are just not able to think for yourself.
Old 03-25-2020, 12:12 AM   #12
2fishin2
Pacific Spearo

Quote:
Regardless of whether illegal aliens brought THIS disease or not, if the current situation does not provide a stark reminder that open borders are a significant weakness in our national security.. well .. you are just not able to think for yourself.

I guess that Albert Einstein, Nikola Tesla, Sergey Brin, Elon Musk, would fit right into your prejudices....

Oh yeah I can think for myself but, thanks for trying to push your opinions and prejudices down on me.
2fishin2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2020, 12:30 AM   #13
jfjf

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2fishin2 View Post
I guess that Albert Einstein, Nikola Tesla, Sergey Brin, Elon Musk, would fit right into your prejudices....

Oh yeah I can think for myself but, thanks for trying to push your opinions and prejudices down on me.
Keep practicing... I'm hopeful you can improve a lot.
Old 03-25-2020, 12:40 AM   #14
2fishin2
Pacific Spearo

Quote:
Keep practicing... I'm hopeful you can improve a lot.

LOL keep putting your assumptions out there

On a side note here in the country I reside, we are almost on complete lockdown....
2fishin2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2020, 03:51 AM   #15
CatDiver

When I hear open borders I think of immigration. But a pandemic like this can get into the US even if we allowed zero immigration. We have the freedom to travel the world and millions do for business and pleasure along with most of the rest of the world. Much of Florida's economy is dependent on that tourist travel from all over the world. I don't see that stopping. So we need to get through this virus and be a whole lot more prepared for the next one. And countries that aren't going to do their part to prevent the next pandemic need to be held accountable.
CatDiver is offline   Reply With Quote