Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > General Topics (Non-regional) > General Spearfishing & Diving Discussion

General Spearfishing & Diving Discussion This is where you post to discuss general spearfishing topics that could apply to any region.

Old 05-15-2019, 05:54 PM   #1
diverlb

bladder fail

out shooting fish last weekend and when I went to put air in bc close to the ledge heard it all coming out around my head. turns out the plastic threaded collar had broke apart. I didn't have weights so nothing to dump. Just a tip that might help is you can turn upside down and get air in bottom of bc. Your going up fins first but you are going up. Use the lower dump to control speed. Got sporty when I had to flip at the surface and stay up with gun, stringer and steel 120 in 3-4 ft seas!
Old 05-15-2019, 06:33 PM   #2
jfjf

Re: bladder fail

Thanks for the reminder! I always try to keep one extra marker float on me, in case I need some extra lift. Glad you were able to handle the situation.

These heavy steel tanks and warm water and little wetsuit and no ditchable lead put divers in a vulnerable position!
jfjf is offline   Reply With Quote