Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > Tournament and Event Archives > 2012 Tournament and Event Archives > 2012 TBSC Winter Invitational - April 13-15, 2012

2012 TBSC Winter Invitational - April 13-15, 2012 Here is the place for information on this Florida west coast tourney

Old 03-12-2012, 09:48 PM   #1
Moondogie
One Breath, One Kill

Tampa Bay Spearfishing Challenge

This is a very safe and friendly tournament run by a great club. It's a chance to dive some new and interesting waters and walk away with some great prizes. It is random drawing, so anyone could win. I was one of the last called and I still got a great new wetsuit.

This year you can dive East coast too. I'm sure we can hook up some car pools on the board to get more of us out there.

See you there.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf TBSC_WinterInvTourneyRules_Waiver2012 Final.pdf (342.1 KB, 487 views)
Old 03-12-2012, 09:59 PM   #2
scubajobert

Re: Tampa Bay Spearfishing Challenge

is mandatory captains meeting for east coast to?
scubajobert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 12:43 PM   #3
wvandeman
FSDA Freedive chair

Good question, scubajobert. We are going to do some remote captain's meetings via technology so if you are interested in running one in your area let me know. I already have one at vortex Spearfishing in Miami and one in the panhandle.

We also changed the rules to make it more balanced for the other coasts. We added all legal jacks to the amberjack category and added all mackerel to the grouper category. Scoring was incredibly close between scuba and Freedivers last two years.

We want this to be a fun tourney for anyone in Florida. All prizes are random drawing so we feel it removes some of the monetary incentive to cheat-it is really just bragging rights and cameraderie- and quite a few juniors and newer spearos walked away with some incredible prizes.

Thanks for posting this moon doggie and we look forward to meeting quite a few of you.

Last edited by wvandeman; 03-13-2012 at 02:22 PM.
wvandeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 12:47 PM   #4
wvandeman
FSDA Freedive chair

I also want to mention a new mixed doubles trophy category for either top combined adult male and junior score or top female and adult male or junior male score. We had some great stringers posted by several ladies and juniors in the top 15 overall last year and we want to continue to recognize those two groups- hope to see some competition for Laura and some of the father/son teams this year

Last edited by wvandeman; 03-13-2012 at 02:19 PM.
Old 03-27-2012, 03:53 PM   #5
PrincessSlaya!
Just Simply Laura

A champion is someone who gets up, even when he can't.

I know I'm in my own little world, but it's ok. They know me here.

http://www.koahspearguns.com/
PrincessSlaya! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 09:40 PM   #6
wvandeman
FSDA Freedive chair

Update: I wanted to let people know that we are now offering online registration this year for everyone's convenience. Early discount registration ends April 6th and preregistered shooters get a free tourney shirt. Remember you can shoot anywhere in Florida Saturday April 13th and weigh-in at Ferg's downtown St. Petersburg (next to the Tropicana Fieldhouse) Sunday by noon.

Here is link to early registration-

http://www.active.com/outdoors-tourn...challenge-2012

Last edited by wvandeman; 03-27-2012 at 09:51 PM.